Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Different VAG part number on ECU  (Read 4208 times)
gigabyte

« on: September 15, 2014, 04:17:38 PM »

I pulled the map off my recently purchased Seat Leon Cupra R BAM 2004 as I suspected it may of been tuned. After pulling it I compared it to a standard map and it as been altered. I have a question though the original map as the VAG part no : 1ML906032A but the map I pulled of the car as a VAG part no : 8N0906018H which I believe are more common on the Audi TT etc.
Would this cause any problems? The previous owner didn't mention it being mapped and was fine apart from a few days ago, think I have developed a boost leak but currently looking into that.
Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 05:54:20 PM »

When you say "the original map" are you referring to the sticker on the ecu? My guess would be the tuner had a more defined/common/developed file that would work the same with your hardware/engine type. I've seen many people/tuners do this. Shouldn't be an issue.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
gigabyte

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 01:15:15 AM »

Thanks for reply, no sticker just after looking for the standard file on a few sites they all seemed to be 1ML906032A? Just wasn't sure, so if I do my own tune it won't matter using the 1ML file.
I haven't got means to check this file with logs and I'm no where good enough to check by looking at the values in the map. So not sure if it's a good tune and worth just leaving on there, I've tried looking for signature in map and I can't find one.
Cheers
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:17:45 AM by gigabyte » Logged
vwaudiguy

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 10:49:42 AM »

Question. Why do you think your car should have the 1ML ecu id? Not saying you're wrong just asking. You should be able to call a dealership, give them your vin, and they can tell you what ecu the car came with. Either way, you should be fine, but need to do some logs to find out how well the tune is working for your application. Good luck!

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
gigabyte

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 01:00:41 PM »

I could be very wrong I was just assuming seats had the 1ML  Undecided
Car was running ok, sadly I going to have to wait till I run logs waiting to have time and get a new lead (only have MPPS). Was trying to find someone to take a look at map as I'm still a noob. Some of the maps look ok some are slightly adjusted that I might of done like that. I be working on my on tune in a month or so.
Cheers for your help buddy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: