Pages: [1]
Author Topic: can somebody check this file out for me  (Read 4088 times)
martin

« on: September 22, 2014, 07:20:13 AM »

my friend brought a spare ecu and it apparently had a remap on it the file is for a aum audi 1.8t however the car does not drive like it has been remapped. can anybody help to find the problem with this supposed mapped file?  thanks.
turboat

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 08:09:31 AM »

can anybody help to find the problem with this supposed mapped file?

Its probably stock..

Go read the flash and the eeprom contents of the spare ECU - the getting started guide to nefmoto will tell you how to read the flash.

Then open the file you read with me7check and post up the info that it tells you - check the part number that me7check gives you and compare that against the part no on the top of the ecu. If theyre different, its definitely had something done to it, if not, then go find a stock file (in the original ecu dumps section) for that part no ECU and compare them using something like beyond compare. If there are no differences, then you have a stock ECU.

If your file IS different, then maybe its a crappy map, or a stock map for an AUQ, or maybe you're just expecting too much from a mapped aum - judging maps by how a car drives is very subjective.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: