Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Audi ABZ Immo Question  (Read 13246 times)
dannyd

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 05:05:18 AM »

test this for off please.
modified original abz e2p file.

ok i will!
k0mpresd

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 07:26:55 AM »

ok, so basically the engine will start and run for as long as i want at idle until i tough the throttle then it stalls.

for the eeprom flasher per the instructions in the thread for it i will essentially plug the car into the obd port that i have wired and then in the command prompt run the executable correct?

no need to put it into boot mode while still plugged into the car right?

you are in way above your head guy. that ecu requires a programmer for all its flashing.
dannyd

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2014, 09:43:34 AM »

you are in way above your head guy. that ecu requires a programmer for all its flashing.

ok so is there someone i can call, email?

do i just stop here?

what about all of the other posts here with the bin files to flash to the eeprom? why tell me im in over my head now?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 09:45:56 AM by dannyd » Logged
cerips

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2014, 09:55:30 AM »

do i just stop here?

what about all of the other posts here with the bin files to flash to the eeprom? why tell me im in over my head now?

Your ECU doesn't have an eeprom, to reprogram it you'll need to unsolder the rom, solder in a socket and then program and install an eeprom.
k0mpresd

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2014, 10:03:42 AM »

do i just stop here?

i posted files before you mentioned you had no clue what was going on.
you can send me that ecu and i can set you up. if you dont have a programmer, youre done.

you can see the added socket in the top right corner. if your car is a manual, you need to flash a manual file.
dannyd

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2014, 10:59:15 AM »

i posted files before you mentioned you had no clue what was going on.
you can send me that ecu and i can set you up. if you dont have a programmer, youre done.

you can see the added socket in the top right corner. if your car is a manual, you need to flash a manual file.

yup no this all makes perfect sense. had seen dozens of instances of socketing and swapping to different eeprom etc.

i guess i didnt realize there was a difference in removing immo from this ecu vs the next gen 40v v8 ecu thats all.

pm sent to you^^^
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 11:01:37 AM by dannyd » Logged
nbdiy

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2014, 11:03:45 AM »

Immo is in EEprom, File in OTP-Eprom.

For Immo off you need to write the EEprom new (soldering or in-circuit programming) and for the Manual file you need to solder the Otp-Eprom and take a new one.

But on these Ecus you sometimes only need to make a other coding of the Ecu (but this works not at all, as far as I know)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: