Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: What have to make when change the injectors for a large injector?  (Read 34803 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 11:47:47 PM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6522.10

Only result I found Smiley

Use google for searching the site. It work very well!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
eliotroyano

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 04:49:06 AM »

in 1.8 20v is better to use 440cc or 550cc injectors with GT25 turbocharger working with etanol and 250/300hp?
I will buy soon a Audi A4/A6 V6 2.4 or 3.0 (2002-2005)... the ECU of this car is better then M3.8.2 and more easy to found maps etc?

My advice is to use 386cc or 440cc injectors maximum. 3Bar FPR will be enough. Bigger injectors could be used but needs good patience and knowledge to set it up correctly. Main concern is to adjust or setup injectors properly (if you haven't change MAF). For that turbo size, just adjusting injectors size you have almost all work done. Are you converting an NA 1.8 20V engine to turbo?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 04:59:48 AM by eliotroyano » Logged
eliotroyano

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 04:53:26 AM »

Why when i search per KFFMLTA in Nefmoto i dont found anything, dont show this post...
any words that i type in "search" dont show any results!! have a problem here!
i dont know whats the KFFMLTA map of my M3.8.2
i dont found other ECU models maps to compare... nothing!
who knows the address in my ecu file of KFFMLTA (i believe that its solves the problem!) or post here a picture of your car map, i will found comparing the appearances.
please help a noob!!!

Remember that turbo maps are different than NA maps. If you are going turbo why don't you use a turbo ECU. I haven't checked wiring loom or harness differences between NA & Turbo, but seems to me that can be used with it proper sensors and minor mods.
Gulfstream

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2014, 04:56:40 PM »

ddillenger and eliotroyano

i dont found anything about M3.8.2!

can you open my file and search for me the address? if you have time!

have a map to control the opening thorttle in idle? because if i the engine dont stat when hot without open the thorttle is why have to enter more air in the engine for start!

the pulses in injector when start are diferente of the pulses when the engine is working? i say... have a way to control this pulse in start to decreases the injection time just when starts?

thanks for help!
Gulfstream

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 11:08:41 PM »

in FGATO is better decreases all i can and when the lambda is correct i have to stop to decreases the FGATO and after correct the lambda by other map? whats the better way?

the engine is working good, have good acceleration, very faster! and he is without turbocharger!! is NA original working with 550cc in etanol and 3bar fuel pressure (original is 4bar), i will put the turbocharger after i fix a problem in the body shop.

The unique problem is that i said, in engine start when is hot with the original TVUB! the problem almost disappears 80% when i decreases the first point of five in TVUB.

Now i will try to increases 3 points in FGATO and decreases 3 points in TVUB but i will be happy if anybody say me the KFFMLTA in my ecu file!

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:14:23 PM by Gulfstream » Logged
Gulfstream

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 11:18:21 PM »

Remember that turbo maps are different than NA maps. If you are going turbo why don't you use a turbo ECU. I haven't checked wiring loom or harness differences between NA & Turbo, but seems to me that can be used with it proper sensors and minor mods.

i can install que original turbocharger ECU of 1.8T 20v replacing my original NA ECU? is plug and play?
eliotroyano

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2014, 07:02:58 AM »

in FGATO is better decreases all i can and when the lambda is correct i have to stop to decreases the FGATO and after correct the lambda by other map? whats the better way?
the engine is working good, have good acceleration, very faster! and he is without turbocharger!! is NA original working with 550cc in etanol and 3bar fuel pressure (original is 4bar), i will put the turbocharger after i fix a problem in the body shop.
The unique problem is that i said, in engine start when is hot with the original TVUB! the problem almost disappears 80% when i decreases the first point of five in TVUB.
Now i will try to increases 3 points in FGATO and decreases 3 points in TVUB but i will be happy if anybody say me the KFFMLTA in my ecu file!

First try to adjust whole ECU for 550cc injectors. Using info you can find here in the forums, you can get many tips about how to do it.

First, would be nice to define in ECU TEMIN and TVUB parameters for that ones. If you don't have it, try with OEM values but definetely FGATO should to be matched accordingly. First if OEM was 190 and new ones are 550, factor is 190/550 = 0.35 * FGATO OEM value. But as you are using E85 (Stoich is 9.765:1) vs Gas (Stoich 14.7:1) you will need aprox. 34% more fuel. Then new FGATO should be around 0.53 * FGATO OEM value.

You can also cut some startup injection playing a little with TLST (Startup Fuel Injection Time). I haven't checked KFFMLTA in you ORI file, I will try to look at it when I have some time.

About using the turbo ECU with your NA engine, after a little research in the net, seems to me that are some differences about ECU and wiring loom. From the info I saw, it would not be PNP. But it can be defined researching about it sensors and ECU pinout.
Gulfstream

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2014, 05:10:02 PM »

First try to adjust whole ECU for 550cc injectors. Using info you can find here in the forums, you can get many tips about how to do it.

First, would be nice to define in ECU TEMIN and TVUB parameters for that ones. If you don't have it, try with OEM values but definetely FGATO should to be matched accordingly. First if OEM was 190 and new ones are 550, factor is 190/550 = 0.35 * FGATO OEM value. But as you are using E85 (Stoich is 9.765:1) vs Gas (Stoich 14.7:1) you will need aprox. 34% more fuel. Then new FGATO should be around 0.53 * FGATO OEM value.

You can also cut some startup injection playing a little with TLST (Startup Fuel Injection Time). I haven't checked KFFMLTA in you ORI file, I will try to look at it when I have some time.

About using the turbo ECU with your NA engine, after a little research in the net, seems to me that are some differences about ECU and wiring loom. From the info I saw, it would not be PNP. But it can be defined researching about it sensors and ECU pinout.

thanks so much for your help!!

I decided to replace 550cc injectors 440cc injectors max. I want the engine has a maximum of 250 / 300hp.

250hp with 100% etanol is not necessary to 550cc right?

thanks!

eliotroyano

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2014, 06:22:23 PM »

thanks so much for your help!!
I decided to replace 550cc injectors 440cc injectors max. I want the engine has a maximum of 250 / 300hp.
250hp with 100% etanol is not necessary to 550cc right?
thanks!

Gulfstream for E85 @ 250WHP, 550cc could be under rated, acording to the calculations. My past advice (385 or 440cc injectors) was for gasoline. Here are some good readings about how to calc injectors for E85: http://injector-rehab.com/shop/e85_injector_size.html / http://injector-rehab.com/shop/Injector-Size-Selection.html. Remember that E85 is more oxidizing than gasoline, then injectors, FPR, pump and it related lines should support it.

Please do it a favor, do some research about your turbo conversion. It will be safer and cheaper for you. Other thing is you can run a turbo with your OEM ECU, finally is just a Mass Air Flow fuel injection without MAP sensor, just like turbo M38x/M592 ones. But big difference is calibration. You will need to change whole load, injection and ignition maps, but I think that with knowledge, patience and many logs it will work quite good.
Gulfstream

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2014, 02:15:13 PM »

Gulfstream for E85 @ 250WHP, 550cc could be under rated, acording to the calculations. My past advice (385 or 440cc injectors) was for gasoline. Here are some good readings about how to calc injectors for E85: http://injector-rehab.com/shop/e85_injector_size.html / http://injector-rehab.com/shop/Injector-Size-Selection.html. Remember that E85 is more oxidizing than gasoline, then injectors, FPR, pump and it related lines should support it.

Please do it a favor, do some research about your turbo conversion. It will be safer and cheaper for you. Other thing is you can run a turbo with your OEM ECU, finally is just a Mass Air Flow fuel injection without MAP sensor, just like turbo M38x/M592 ones. But big difference is calibration. You will need to change whole load, injection and ignition maps, but I think that with knowledge, patience and many logs it will work quite good.

its so complicated!

for original, NA, when i put the injectors for E85 with the exactly size for etanol, the car run goods in WOT, so faster! But in cold idle its so problematic, fails in acceleration, bursts in the intake. bur after heated, Works normaly.
when i put the 550cc in NA, before install the GT25, the engine works perfectly when cold and heated, but in heated start, the engine fails and just star if open the thortle a little.

The ignition timing is good, idle around 14/15°.

Results:

with 29lb injector fails on cold idle and cold start
with 52lb injector fails on heated start, dont start without open a little the thorttle.

i believe that the 550cc inject so much more fuel than needed in start "drowning" the engine! and the 29lb injector is the opposite!

so... the unique problem with the 550cc is in heated engine start

I struggle with this problem over a year now!

make me crazy!
Gulfstream

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2014, 05:37:34 PM »

This is my injector!

whats the idle injection timing of original NA or Turbo 1.8 20v?

the minimum time of my injector is 0.711ms, if the idle original timing is 4ms i can decreases so much!
eliotroyano

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2014, 05:06:52 AM »

This is my injector!
whats the idle injection timing of original NA or Turbo 1.8 20v?
the minimum time of my injector is 0.711ms, if the idle original timing is 4ms i can decreases so much!

You can look for TEMIN in your BIN. In my case TEMIN is 1,1997ms. TVUB is FNPW_OFFSET. How are your trims at idle and part throttle???
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 10:18:41 AM by eliotroyano » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2014, 09:34:22 AM »

TEMIN for your injectors (graph) is MINPW.

reminder: TEMIN != TIMIN

MINPW's analog is TIMIN, not TEMIN

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
eliotroyano

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2014, 10:16:34 AM »

reminder: TEMIN != TIMIN
MINPW's analog is TIMIN, not TEMIN

NYET, thanks a lot for you correction!!!!! I have the knowledge that it was. I have saw TEMIN only. Then in this case from the info posted, which is one and other?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 10:20:22 AM by eliotroyano » Logged
Gulfstream

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2014, 05:03:33 PM »

KFFMLTA is 8bits or 16bits?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: