Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: NefMoto ME7 ECU Flashing Software - Version 1.8.0.0  (Read 69005 times)
TTQS
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 02:05:25 AM »

Would be nice to see support for the windows xp platform.

I second that. Looking forward to that development.

Doug
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 09:50:58 PM »

If anyone runs into an issue trying to read ECUs with this version of the software, it is possible that it is related to a bug introduced in this version. If anyone is having an issue, let me know, and I will get a fixed released sooner rather than later.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
kenmac

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 08:16:48 AM »

If you post a log file or email me one I can take a look at what may be going wrong.

I think the issue may be that the wrong Memory Layout was used.  The Supported ECU Wiki page states that 06A906032PL uses AM29F800 however, I can see AM29F800BB clearly written on the flash chip inside the ECU.  The xml layout files for the 800 and 800BB are certainly different and have a different number of sectors.  19 vs. 16.  I think this accounts for the writing speed problem.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 10:21:49 AM »

I'm having issues with reading certain ME7 ecu's. I tried a 2000 1.8T AWD 400bb..Tried 4-5 times and after having a hard time getting the memory layout to verify it failed on the read everytime at anywhere from 25-75%. Plus it was s u p e r s l o w. I tried with a battery charger, removing the fuse for the ABS module, nothing would work. I've been having issues with other cars as well majority VW's. All stock cars. I'm using a Ross tech cable, and I've tried to reload the drivers twice. When I first started using it always worked like a charm..I've always used the most recent version. Windows 7 Pro.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 10:31:00 AM »

I have yet to upgrade from rev 7.   Never had any issues with it.

I have a b5 s4
but i just want to dance.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 08:47:33 PM »

Also wanted to add, when reading with nef it seems very voltage dependent. 90% of the time I need a battery charger on the car to have success. Anyone else have this issue?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Giannis

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 04:16:58 AM »

Also wanted to add, when reading with nef it seems very voltage dependent. 90% of the time I need a battery charger on the car to have success. Anyone else have this issue?
I didn't see this kind of problem in 2 cars i tried the software. The one of them had a semi dead battery.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 06:28:20 AM »

I've flashed my car a few times with the cluster showing under 12V... never had an issue (but I was worried).

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
vwaudiguy

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 09:05:31 AM »

What cars? What cable?

Rsibiza

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 01:01:10 PM »

Hi Smiley

I just tryed first time the flasher...but no luck.

S4 2001 2.7 BiTurbo 265 CV ME7.1

I can connect to ecu,read dtc..fast init..slow init..all fine..
But i get no button read or write Shocked

Do i need any license to use it?

Best regards.RS
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 01:21:23 PM by Rsibiza » Logged
acaii

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 01:16:51 PM »

Im definitely excited to use this but I only have XP, are you still planning on implementing support for XP this month?
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 03:25:36 PM »

I have posted here before about how a lot of auto places sell conventional batteries when most of these cars actually use deep cycle batteries.  Conventional batteries do not provide enough voltage for reliable reading/flashing in most cases.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 04:02:10 PM »

I have posted here before about how a lot of auto places sell conventional batteries when most of these cars actually use deep cycle batteries.  Conventional batteries do not provide enough voltage for reliable reading/flashing in most cases.

Interesting, Jason..I didn't see that post. Have you have issues like I mentioned?

Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 04:06:39 PM »

Yes, and several friends who sell OTS tunes have had problems with aftermarket batteries as well.  The OEM batteries are expensive, but they are very good.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php/topic,322.msg1984.html#msg1984
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2011, 12:35:22 PM »

I am planning on trying to have support for Windows XP available by early October.

I will try to release a small update soon to address a couple small issues with ECU reading, and the FTDI info tool tips.

If the ECU read button is disabled, then hover your mouse over the button and it will tell you why it is disabled. You are required to have selected a memory layout and an FTDI device.

The ECU is flashed by sectors, but the ECU only requires that you flash entire sectors. What this means is that it should be OK to use a 29F800 memory layout with a 29F800BB or 29F800BT chip. This is because the only between these chips is that either the first or last memory sector is divided up into a bunch of smaller sectors. But it works perfectly fine to flash all of these smaller sectors as one sector, because the ECU only checks that the flashing memory range ends at the end of a sector. If you can confirm that ECU flashing works better with your ECU with the 29F800BB layout instead of the 29F800 layout, then let me know, and we can update wiki.

As for battery voltages. The NefMoto software officially warns you about flashing the ECU when you are below 12v. I have found that some OBD cables seem to be more sensitive to voltage requirements. It seems as though the more expensive OBD cables have more capacitors in them and are more tolerant to low voltage conditions.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: