Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Audi B6 S4 4.2L and new to this  (Read 5719 times)
wrench22

« on: September 27, 2014, 07:36:56 AM »

Hey whats going on everyone.  I am new to tuning audi/vw I have tuned subarus using romraider and such but this seems much different.  To start im looking into tuning out the o2 sensors so that they will show passed on readiness status but not sure how to go about it.  I have been doing some reading on the site but not sure where to reallt start.  I can connect to my cars ecu and everything and saved the one file it was able to read but not sure what to do with that or where to do it.  All help is greatly appreciated.  If its anything like using the romraider and such once i learn how to use it and work with it i should have no problems.  Just really need help taking that initial plunge into it and knowing what to do.  Thanks again.
wrench22

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 03:39:23 PM »

ok i managed to find a stock ecu for my car on this site. downloaded it and finally figured how to open it in tunerpro under hex editor.  Where and how do i decypher it all and find the o2 sensors to code out?
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 05:12:07 PM »

Heh, you have to find someone that has defined your file, and is willing to share. Failing that, you must find a file that is similar to yours and defined, and use it to compare. That, along with some trial and error and you can define your own file!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
wrench22

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 04:12:03 AM »

What do you mean define my file?  I was also reading that the b6 s4 is not the best a cooperating with the nefmoto application.  Is this true?
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 04:22:35 PM »

What about "define your file" is not clear? Where do you think these xdf's came from? Someone made them. You have to map out your file. Re-read what I posted, and do a bit more reading on the site.

You have to manually locate all of the addresses in your specific file, then create that parameter in an xdf. It's not going to be quick, nor will it be easy.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
AudiMan85

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 11:30:07 PM »

I think his best bet is to weld in bungs and ad some 02 sensor extenders to trick the car into thinking they are there if there are still there and able to be plugged in.

Good Luck bro

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: