Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Beating a dead horse yet again  (Read 6052 times)
1320racing

« on: October 17, 2014, 10:55:24 AM »

I've searched a few times, and have found multiple tips, but now I'm at a standstill

I am attempting to read the tune on my 2000 S4, It is essentially a full stage 3 AWE package (rsk04, smic's, Twin 2 etc....) With the exception of an 85mm 034 maf housing, 72lb injectors and a custom tune by Vag Autowerks. I have connected, lowered the baud rate, cycled the ignition, tried all three of the 800 memory layouts and Pulled the cluster fuse and still no dice.

Is there anything else I can try before I give up and rule out reading the ecu due to the Vag autowerks tune?

1320racing

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 11:03:13 AM »

also I doubt it matters but I'm using a ross-tech cable, and windows 7-64

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 11:16:58 AM »

Probably an encryption riser or obd reading is disabled. You'll have to pull the ECU, open it, make sure it doesn't have a riser.

If it doesn't, you may be able to boot mode it.

But there is no point, the flash will be encrypted and useless.

As has been pointed out OVER AND OVER again, start with stock, not somebody else's tune. There are a million reasons for this, none of which I care to repeat for the umpteenthbillionth time Tongue

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 11:34:42 AM »

I've searched a few times, and have found multiple tips, but now I'm at a standstill

I am attempting to read the tune on my 2000 S4, It is essentially a full stage 3 AWE package (rsk04, smic's, Twin 2 etc....) With the exception of an 85mm 034 maf housing, 72lb injectors and a custom tune by Vag Autowerks. I have connected, lowered the baud rate, cycled the ignition, tried all three of the 800 memory layouts and Pulled the cluster fuse and still no dice.

Is there anything else I can try before I give up and rule out reading the ecu due to the Vag autowerks tune?

You won't be reading that ecu I'm afraid.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
ratherb1

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 04:45:04 AM »

You won't be reading that ecu I'm afraid.
   hahahaha pretty funny

-ROMIE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: