Pages: [1]
Author Topic: !!!VR6 12V ECU Repair!!!  (Read 7693 times)
eliotroyano

« on: October 28, 2014, 06:57:38 PM »

Hi friends. As title says I need to repair an VW 021906258 Bosch 0261203041 ECU of a VW Corrado SLC 2.8L 12V VR6 AAA with Distribuitor. Do you know where can I send it that can do a good work with warranty???
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 04:39:29 AM by eliotroyano » Logged
k0mpresd

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 08:41:56 PM »

!!!!what do you need to repair exactly!!!??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ? ? ? ? !!!! ?
eliotroyano

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 04:43:33 AM »

The info that I have is that some kind of spark or earth was done around distribuitor sensor wiring. After that car does not start up at all. I inspect ECU and doesn'y have any visual signs of damage, nothing burned.....
RBPE

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 07:04:30 AM »

Is it a custom Corrado? The Corrado came with the ABV 2.9 engine, the AAA was Golf 2.8, I'm not aware VW put that engine in the Corrado but I am in UK so maybe different in other markets?

It'd be cheaper and easier to just buy another ecu wouldn't it? Also, it could be a sensor problem rather than an ecu one?

vwaudiguy

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 12:01:12 PM »

It might be hard for someone doing a repair (or even selling you a good ecu) to offer you a warranty. The problem could be in the wiring, and plugging a good ecu in could damage that one as well if the wiring issue wasn't already sorted.. It could also not even be the ecu. They are pretty hardy from what I remember. I suggest doing a continuity test from the ecu harness to all the components, also checking if any wires are shorted to 12v+ or ground.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
eliotroyano

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 12:22:11 PM »

Is it a custom Corrado? The Corrado came with the ABV 2.9 engine, the AAA was Golf 2.8, I'm not aware VW put that engine in the Corrado but I am in UK so maybe different in other markets?
It'd be cheaper and easier to just buy another ecu wouldn't it? Also, it could be a sensor problem rather than an ecu one?

It is an american 1992 VW Corrado SLC with AAA 2.8L 12V VR6 engine with distribuitor. My friend already bought other ECU but result been an ECU for other engine version. It doesn't work properly. Also all sensors and wiring (continuity test) was check and it is 100% ok. Inclusive almost all sensors are new now. Then he want to repair original one, making can run again.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:25:50 PM by eliotroyano » Logged
jogtx16v

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 12:26:21 PM »

In north america all VR6 Corrado came with the AAA 2.8l 174bhp  Wink
eliotroyano

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 05:54:06 PM »

Friends I have been talking with my friend again about the scene when ECU was damage. I got a detailed history talk about what happends to car.

Supposedly a +12V Battery or energized wire was crossed accidentaly with distribuitor sensor wires. The problem occurs working with Distribuitor connector and wires and engine running. Then car was tuned off. After that car cranks and starts up, but jumping, jerking, accelerator pedal needs to be pressed to allow car got idle, but idle was really bad and rough. Car is very very difficult to accelerate. Some black smoke was present in exhaust. During the check procedure injectors was working and ignition wires sending spark, but car runs really rough, heavy rich, like it was totally off timing.

What do you think friends?
eliotroyano

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 08:17:18 AM »

Friends I have been talking with my friend again about the scene when ECU was damage. I got a detailed history talk about what happends to car.
Supposedly a +12V Battery or energized wire was crossed accidentaly with distribuitor sensor wires. The problem occurs working with Distribuitor connector and wires and engine running. Then car was tuned off. After that car cranks and starts up, but jumping, jerking, accelerator pedal needs to be pressed to allow car got idle, but idle was really bad and rough. Car is very very difficult to accelerate. Some black smoke was present in exhaust. During the check procedure injectors was working and ignition wires sending spark, but car runs really rough, heavy rich, like it was totally off timing.
What do you think friends?

Any comment friends?HuhHuhHuh
RBPE

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 10:21:56 AM »

Ah, 2.8 on the US Corrado's then eh? Saying that, a friend had a factory 2.9 Golf when he phoned VW apprently they ran out of 2.8 engines when they were discontinuing the mk3 Golf!

As for the ecu - if it has been fried is there any point getting it fixed?

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/vr6-ecu
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: