Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 03 allroad 551S - pre tune  (Read 3981 times)
erecker

« on: November 03, 2014, 10:21:22 PM »

Hi, I just got this 03 allroad and before I get going on tuning I'd like to give the car a once-over to make sure everything is in good working order.

Everything looks pretty clean mechanically, I've checked the regular trouble spots and haven't found anything.  I should do a boost leak check and upgrade the recirc valves, this is on the to-do list...

I do have a few driver information center messages I'm not sure on, and I need to flush the heater core to see if it'll blow warm air (lukewarm right now) - the temps stay good so I think(?) the waterpump and thermostat are good, going to try a flush first.

So on the DIC, it's showing a red oil warning and a red coolant warning.  I've confirmed both fluids are topped off, so I think it's bad sensor or something - is there a good way to check these?  Also at the top it cycles through a lot of items then says OK, I'm not clear on if that means all these were checked and OK, or if the items need checked and everything ELSE is OK.  I could use some guidance here please.
(DIC video uploaded at: http://youtu.be/knh5AiHGseY )

I also logged a run on ME7logger and would like advice on if this looks normal for an 03 allroad at altitude (Denver colorado), or if there's anything mechanical I should look at before I start telling the ECU to give me more GO Smiley
(ME7logger .csv file uploaded below)
erecker

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 10:51:11 PM »

P.S. forgot to mention two things!

Group32 idle1 -3.2 part1 0.8 idle2 -2.4 part2 5.5
Group33 bounces from + to - and back as expected.

Fault codes were cleared but the following returned, do these need addressed?
17866 - Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 2 (G236): Short to Ground
        P1458 - 35-00 - -
17863 - Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 1 (G235): Implausible Signal
        P1455 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

P.P.S. anyone in the Denver/Boulder area feel free to contact me I'm happy to help!  Smiley  Thanks
ta79pr

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 05:35:47 AM »

The cluster appears to just be cycling through its on board demo type procedure. Are on of the cluster buttons stuck?

02 TT tdi (BEW)
2005 allroad 2.7tM (BEL)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: