Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your thoughts on Unisettings  (Read 7594 times)

« on: November 16, 2014, 10:01:45 AM »

What is your thoughts on using Unisettings for fine adjustments. ?

Lee

Poor quality lingers long after the price is forgotten ....
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 10:51:44 AM »

Why bother when you can do it directly?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 11:40:54 AM »

Would it be good for a temporary adjust in case of  bad fuel or environmental change ??  

I have found if you changed the O2 sampling on a stock ecu would fix catalytic efficiency codes. The cat codes are caused from silicone poisoning. I have seen O2 & catalytic convertor silicone poisoning a lot at my shop. We have found the added ethanol and other fuel cleaners are causing this.  Not many people want to hear they need a $1000 - $3000 worth of cats and labor. In Massachusetts the state inspection station's are looking for the readiness delete or set to ready.  They are looking at the exhaust system and if the exhaust is modified your car is red flagged and you can't drive till every thing is changed back to stock.

Oh crap.... I... just noticed I went on to a different topic. Sorry.

Lee
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 06:34:37 PM by nyet » Logged

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 03:06:57 PM »

It isn't bad for simple fast changes I supposed (timing, fueling).... but only if flashing takes a long time.

Just changing krkte takes almost no time with nefmoto and fast flash, so I generally don't bother, plus i'm rarely only tuning fuel or timing, usually other things at the same time.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 04:20:16 PM »

Would it be good for a temporary adjust in case of  bad fuel or environmental change ??  

I have found if you changed the O2 sampling on a stock ecu would fix catalytic efficiency codes. The cat codes are caused from silicone poisoning. I have seen O2 & catalytic convertor silicone poisoning a lot at my shop. We have found the added ethanol and other fuel cleaners are causing this.  Not many people want to hear they need a $1000 - $3000 worth of cats and labor. In Massachusetts the state inspection station's are looking for the readiness delete or set to ready.  They are looking at the exhaust system and if the exhaust is modified your car is red flagged and you can't drive till every thing is changed back to stock.

Oh crap.... I... just noticed I went on to a different topic. Sorry.

Lee

You talking about channel 6? How far did you have to go to see results?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 06:34:50 PM by nyet » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 06:35:09 PM »

Fixed your quote tags Tongue

ECUx Plot

vwaudiguy

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 07:02:25 PM »

Tanks Smiley

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 08:43:56 AM »

Tanks Smiley

VWAUDIGUY : We found if we moved channel 6 up 100- 400 points. This adjusment all so fixes " O2 swapped fault codes " when you have O2 spacers. If you have the O2 spacers " MIL /CEL elliminators '' you will have to go down with the adjustment 100 - 200 points sometimes.

The big problem we are running into with state inspections is the inspection computers are clearing the READINESS monitorss and seeing if any instantly go to PASS. If any of the monitors say PASS your car gets red flagged and you have to go to a state ran facility. They will perform a full detailed inspection and if any thing is not stock or within stock specification you can not drive your car till fixed.

The old days of turning off the readiness monitors are gone ... Embarrassed.  Massachusetts and other states are performing this test on the ECU and other states will soon  follow  Cry  What have you found to work with opening up the thresh holds with the SIA system or the CATs ??

Lee
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 11:37:28 AM by 10101011 » Logged

vwaudiguy

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 09:14:22 PM »

VWAUDIGUY : We found if we moved channel 6 up 100- 400 points. This adjusment all so fixes " O2 swapped fault codes " when you have O2 spacers. If you have the O2 spacers " MIL /CEL elliminators '' you will have to go down with the adjustment 100 - 200 points sometimes.

The big problem we are running into with state inspections is the inspection computers are clearing the READINESS monitorss and seeing if any instantly go to PASS. If any of the monitors say PASS your car gets red flagged and you have to go to a state ran facility. They will perform a full detailed inspection and if any thing is not stock or within stock specification you can not drive your car till fixed.

The old days of turning off the readiness monitors are gone ... Embarrassed.  Massachusetts and other states are performing this test on the ECU and other states will soon  follow  Cry  What have you found to work with opening up the thresh holds with the SIA system or the CATs ??

Lee

I originally thought the emission test stations were resetting to see what comes back immediately as "passed", but I had one guy check his readiness right after an emission test and they were still all passed. SAI systems are easy enough to just repair.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 08:42:25 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: