Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1.8t AK ABT  (Read 6738 times)
AudiMan85

« on: November 15, 2014, 08:13:42 PM »

I have a question. It might be off topic but it's on the lines of the AK ecu.

My friends car has the ABT kit. Does anyone know if the ABT kit is just visual like bodykit/ground effects? Shift knob and floor mat logos of ABT just all normal. I couldn't find much info on the ABT stuff for the A4. Now when we read the ecu about 2 years ago it was a AK file.

As I was backing it up my labtop battery unlocked and ecu crashed. So I just flashed the stock AK file in the stock file section. My question is the ABT ecu modified ?? Any links to some info on the ABT package for this MY - A4 1.8T please share.

Thanks. Also have tested the v13 file on his car and the changes from v8 to v13 was amazing. He is having evap intermediate problem. He wants to delete that whole mess of emissions related stuff and other things in the write-up he has. I didn't understand if you found the address to the evap code in the ecu yet. I see a few post back it was brought up. Can someone tell me the process of deleting it. Is it like how I'd remove dtc's on the M - box and L - box s4 files?

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
thelastleroy

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 05:38:20 AM »

My friends car has the ABT kit. Does anyone know if the ABT kit is just visual like bodykit/ground effects? Shift knob and floor mat logos of ABT just all normal. I couldn't find much info on the ABT stuff for the A4. Now when we read the ecu about 2 years ago it was a AK file.

As I was backing it up my labtop battery unlocked and ecu crashed. So I just flashed the stock AK file in the stock file section. My question is the ABT ecu modified ?? Any links to some info on the ABT package for this MY - A4 1.8T please share.

Thanks. Also have tested the v13 file on his car and the changes from v8 to v13 was amazing. He is having evap intermediate problem. He wants to delete that whole mess of emissions related stuff and other things in the write-up he has. I didn't understand if you found the address to the evap code in the ecu yet. I see a few post back it was brought up. Can someone tell me the process of deleting it. Is it like how I'd remove dtc's on the M - box and L - box s4 files?
I'm not familiar with the ABT, but you'll find the evap delete codewords in the updated xdf on page 1. Set CDTES and CDLDP to 0. I did this on my car and I have no more evap codes. I'm still trying to figure out if these codewotds affect  catalyst readiness, though.

There is actually a little more room for timing advance with 94 octane fuel. I'm always tweaking this and that when I get bored.
narf0815

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 01:46:40 AM »

If a ECU got modified by ABT then there should be some ABT sticker on the ECU and fuel filler flap

AudiMan85

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 11:56:49 AM »

If a ECU got modified by ABT then there should be some ABT sticker on the ECU and fuel filler flap

Thank you for the info. But yea the ecu doesn't look like that at all. No ABT sticker. The pic of the ecu is below. There also is no sticker in fuel door. I guess my friends car is just a visual kit not the full package. He also has the red shock/struts the S4 has. Is this factory on the 2004 1.8T 6 Speeds? Or maybe ABT changed the suspension. Also his model didn't come with HID's either. Do you think maybe someone just got a ABT kit and outfitted the car car wit the ABT stuff? Does ABT sell just a visual package?

AudiMan85

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 12:00:45 PM »

Here is ecu, it had a white sticker on the 800BB chip that I peeled off when I bootmode flashed it.

narf0815

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 12:31:11 PM »

I showed the pics only for reference. Of course your ECU cozld look different. Just to say: If ABT is chipping a car, there would be some stickers at these places. If it original made by ABT of course.

And yes, you can buy only bodykit and stuff standalone. A lowered spring kit too. But the Springs are made by EIBACH i think.

Btw: there are better tuners in germany ( MTM, B&B ) only reason for ABT is: you not loosin your warranty if got tuned by them.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:42:56 PM by narf0815 » Logged
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 12:44:02 PM »

Your ECU cannot be flashed , hence the sticker Smiley

ME7.5 can be flashed I dont think they would open every ECU they made.
Some VAG Cars are equiped with ABT flashes from factory in specific countries Smiley

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: