Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Checksum Errors caused by Tunerpro "save" button  (Read 5454 times)
thelastleroy

« on: November 20, 2014, 05:45:46 PM »

I found this today as I was making some adjustments. Not sure if anyone else has already posted this, so I will.

If you set up tunerpro software with me7sum and me7check as custom tools, it is important to use the checksum tools in the correct sequence to avoid unwanted checksum errors to your finished file.

1. modify your file
2. save the modifications in the parameter windows
3. SAVE THE BIN FILE. This must be done before you proceed.
4. run me7sum to correct checksums
5. run me7check to verify the file.

If you were to hit the "save" button or file-save or Ctrl + S after correcting the checksums, you will cause errors to the file which can be detected by me7check. This is true even if you have made NO modifications to the tables etc.

The moral of the story is to ALWAYS run me7check immediately before flashing to verify the file. I (knock on wood) haven't bricked my ecu because I'm very careful when flashing my car. The save button error is likely the reason I accidentally uploaded a dodgy checksum error bin file, and ruined another users night.

Stay thirsty my friends.
bk56190

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 11:58:28 PM »

Checksums are bad if you modify the file with TunerPro after using me7sum, it's normal;

Maybe you could buy MTX plugin for TunerPro, € 10,00 and you won't have any problem Shocked
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 12:24:30 AM »

Checksums are bad if you modify the file with TunerPro after using me7sum, it's normal;

Maybe you could buy MTX plugin for TunerPro, € 10,00 and you won't have any problem Shocked

In tunerpro's custom tools editor:

Tool path:  cmd
Cmd line params:  /k <path to me7sum> "$(CurBinPath)" "$(CurBinPath)" & pause & exit

I did this for ME7Sum for both correction and verification, and also setup another tool for ME7Check verification as well.

Woohoo!  A nice "built-in" checksum corrector for tunerpro!!!

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
bk56190

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 02:12:38 AM »

Good job Nyet !

Does Me7sum work with theses maps changes :

- KFMI_UM : 0x14098 - 8x8
- KMDZOF_UM : 0x14129 - 8x8
- KFMPED_UM : 0x14169 - 8x8

MTX doesn't, and Me7Check doesn't see any problem;
thelastleroy

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 04:39:05 AM »

I already own the mtx plugin. However mtx leaves some errors that me7sum does not eg rsa signature error, so I only use me7sum now. Shocked

My post was not to talk about methods of correcting checksums. I wanted to warn people that errors will be created by simply saving a file in tunerpro. So the file MUST br saved first, and then corrected.

If you were to open your file in tunerpro just to check a number or something and then hit save button, you will cause errors to the file.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:54:24 AM by thelastleroy » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 11:31:23 AM »

Good job Nyet !

Does Me7sum work with theses maps changes :

- KFMI_UM : 0x14098 - 8x8
- KMDZOF_UM : 0x14129 - 8x8
- KFMPED_UM : 0x14169 - 8x8

MTX doesn't, and Me7Check doesn't see any problem;

Not sure, post the bin or try it yourself. There are areas that are not checksummed at all.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
AARDQ

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 02:39:12 PM »

I noticed this as well.  After checksumming with Nyet's (marvelous) tool, do not save again using Tunerpro or ME7check will pick up that the file now has checksum errors.  This is true at least if MTX is installed but not used, don't know where MTX is not installed.

Should also mention that ME7sum has no trouble correcting the file 'broken' by re-saving, so not a huge issue.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 02:42:26 PM by AARDQ » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: