Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: P0601 checksum error before and after new ECU  (Read 11730 times)
atunicus

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 11:30:08 AM »

Another update,

First I flashed the ECU while it was still in the car with the provided 551L file.   After that I pulled the ECU flashed the EEPROM.

After installed in the car it was still showing the same error.    I then flashed the 551L file to it again but I am still seeing the same error.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?   The car still runs fine, I just drove it about 15 miles.
ddillenger

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 12:32:34 PM »

If you used the files I wrote, there is no way you still have that error. I think you're somehow not writing the eeprom.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
atunicus

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 12:39:10 PM »

I will write it again tonight and take a screenshot of the command prompt.

It must be doing something since its a used ECU and the stock eeprom would be giving me grief.
atunicus

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 08:58:15 PM »

You are right, I don't think I wrote the file properly.  I must have overlooked the error message.

For some reason now I can only get version 1.31 of me7 to work.   However I am able to write any file I want without any error.

The only files that will let the car run are the original file I uploaded along with a checksum'd copy of the original.   Both of them work just fine but the error code is present when either is in use.

Here is a copy paste of my code:

me7_95040.exe --bootmode -wp8 -b 10400 551Le2p.bin

Ver: 1.31
Com Port: 8
Baud Rate: 10400
Opening COM8 ... OK
Starting Boot_mode ... uC identification response = 0xC5 (C167 derivatives) ...
OK
Sending Loader + MonitorCore ... MonitorCore successfully launched
Initializing registers ... ... OK
Sending EEPROM driver ... OK
Searching Chip_Select pin ... P4.7
Configuring SPI Interface ... OK
Checking EEPROM status ... 0x00F0 ... OK
Writing EEPROM ................................ OK
Verifying EEPROM write ... OK
Closing COM8

Using the file you provided the immoblizer light blinks.    I'll start doing some more research on this site.   This is a lot of effort to make a CEL go away.

Thanks a lot so far for all of the help.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: