Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Noob, In over his head  (Read 25097 times)
ozzake

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2015, 07:36:10 PM »

Alright I flashed back to my very first file I pulled off the car, never touched or messed with. I still have flashers on with the key and an airbag light. Is this unrelated, or did I really mess something up?
ddillenger

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2015, 07:42:06 PM »

Check and clear faultcodes.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
ozzake

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2015, 08:03:38 PM »

I opened up Nef, connected, then pressed read DTCs, then I hit clear DTC's and its still flashing at me. I think It has to do with something other than my main ECU though because even if I unplug the ECU and turn the key forward they go off. Is this a good assumption or is it not that simple?
ozzake

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2015, 08:05:01 PM »

Or you could just ignore me because now that I unhooked the computer it works just fine. Thanks for the help, You are a lifesaver!
ddillenger

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2015, 08:22:10 PM »

Or you could just ignore me because now that I unhooked the computer it works just fine. Thanks for the help, You are a lifesaver!

No problem! Stick around, maybe you can help the next guy that goes through this! It's a weekly occurrence, and the solutions are always the same-lol.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
316LV

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2015, 08:27:56 PM »

My airbag light will come on after the occasional flash. Always the same 'intermittent communication with airbag module'. As Master D says, just clear the code. It will stay gone (until the next time lol).

Good for you for keeping on with it and making progress. Just remember, if this stuff was easy everyone would do it. And it wouldn't make for much of a hobby either...

Go ahead and give me negative karma... I don't care if you like what I post princess.
ozzake

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2015, 08:47:52 PM »

Now comes the difficult part: the actual tuning. I'm great at tuning old V8's and carburetors, but this will be something very different, even the megasquirt that I've got has a nice interface to tune with. The idea of .bin and .xdf files and all this hex coding I keep reading about is going to keep me really busy.
kingkhalilz

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2015, 03:17:17 PM »

Im curious about ftdi cables. I am currently trying to bench flash my ecu and the minute i power up the ftdi cable has trouble. From galleto i get the error no interface found. If i exit and try to use nefmoto it doesnt show any devices. I have changed galleto binary to match the code on my cable. My cable is a true ftdi cable i have used many times for flashing and logging.

I am thinking maybe 13.8v is to much for the cable? wondering if anyone has ran into similar issues.
ddillenger

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2015, 03:24:10 PM »

Im curious about ftdi cables. I am currently trying to bench flash my ecu and the minute i power up the ftdi cable has trouble. From galleto i get the error no interface found. If i exit and try to use nefmoto it doesnt show any devices. I have changed galleto binary to match the code on my cable. My cable is a true ftdi cable i have used many times for flashing and logging.

I am thinking maybe 13.8v is to much for the cable? wondering if anyone has ran into similar issues.

Is the ecu currently bricked? If not, can you connect with VCDS? That's a good way to verify your wiring is correct. Post pictures of your bench setup.

As for the voltage, I have used everthing from 10 to 17 volts (would not recommend it) to flash, My experience has been that the ecus are not super picky.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
kingkhalilz

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2015, 03:36:14 PM »

It is bricked Sad
Got them all wired corrctly. I am grounding 24 on the metal surrounding of the board
tried all sorts of stuff, still no interface found.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 04:57:03 PM by kingkhalilz » Logged
turboat

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2015, 07:52:48 AM »

If the ecu is bricked nef won't help you, I personally found galletto to be a buggy pos, you get what you pirate!

Re interface detection in nef, I find I quite often have to plug/re plug and restart nef a few times to get it to detect interfaces. But it's also worth checking the manufacturer and device ids for your FTDI cable in device manager, as some ftdi drivers will brick fake cables. If the device if is all 0 then that's probably (part of) your problem.
kingkhalilz

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2015, 01:29:03 PM »

It is not all zero's. I do have a good ftdi cable. Thanks for the thought tho. Should i just bite bullet and get mpps? I have tried so many combinations of stuff its crazy. Is there any issues with specific drivers being used with galleto?? Thats all i can think of at this point.

***turns out windows xp wanted to use its drivers for everything and wouldn't let me change them. I used a windows 7 pc and it was butter! as smooth as some nasty! Feels so good!!!****
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 05:27:23 PM by kingkhalilz » Logged
ozzake

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2015, 07:28:55 PM »

I had trouble with my FTDI cable and Galletto with windows 7. It turned out that it didn't like being on COM 8, I changed it to COM 2 to run VCDS Lite and Galletto took to it right away. I know you already got your answer, but in case someone else has the same problem.
kingkhalilz

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2015, 10:32:43 PM »

Thanks, this is good in case someone else has trouble
turboat

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2015, 12:08:47 AM »

Note that it probably needs to be win7-32 for galletto, I never managed to make it work on the 64-bit version.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: