Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME 7.5 won't flash, not even in boot mode  (Read 4698 times)
psi4gti

« on: February 27, 2015, 06:58:47 AM »

Hello all,

I've been trying to pass NJ State Inspection since late Summer of 2014, I've been getting files to run since my car doesn't have SAI and flashing the ecu non stock, eventually it won't take any flash, MPPS says "ECU NOT FOUND".

This is done on the bench and it's not my first time doing it, the ecu however had already been flashed over 20 or 30 times, not sure if this has anything to do with it.

It will start erasing the file then attempt to write then MPPS will crash. I can read the file but it won't take it, not even in boot mode, is there a way to find out what's wrong?

the ecu in question is a 518G with 518F software and this happened after i flashed a 518AF file by mistake, i don't think this has anything to do with this but will mention it here as i thought bootmode would flash anything.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 08:12:54 AM by psi4gti » Logged
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 10:37:20 AM »

So your saying you removed the ecu from your car, opened it up and used a bench flash setup to write to the ecu in bootmode after grounding pin 24? I've had the clone mpps crash before on me too but was always able to write. You fan alway download the galletto 1260 that Daz posted. Just use mprog and change the serial to the one in the thread in the screen shot and do that. I'll make you a file to pass si pm me me your hardware info and email when I get home from work I'll shoot that over to you. In the meantime go find the galletto 1260 and get that working

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Lost

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 11:37:12 AM »

If you do immo off on your eeprom. You will be able too bootflash a new file.
I'v had myself a lot of problems with mpps clones encrypting the files and crashing.
Just use galletto instead.
psi4gti

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 05:04:28 PM »

So your saying you removed the ecu from your car, opened it up and used a bench flash setup to write to the ecu in bootmode after grounding pin 24? I've had the clone mpps crash before on me too but was always able to write. You fan alway download the galletto 1260 that Daz posted. Just use mprog and change the serial to the one in the thread in the screen shot and do that. I'll make you a file to pass si pm me me your hardware info and email when I get home from work I'll shoot that over to you. In the meantime go find the galletto 1260 and get that working

Yes, this isn't my first time running boot mode but now the ecu won't have it and the clone MPPS will crash.

I have a Galletto cable, let me see what Daz posted.

What's your email address?
thanks
psi4gti

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 05:05:58 PM »

If you do immo off on your eeprom. You will be able too bootflash a new file.
I'v had myself a lot of problems with mpps clones encrypting the files and crashing.
Just use galletto instead.

I've never gotten into the immo stuff, i'm going to look for Daz' Galletto file.

Your help's appreciated, thank you
psi4gti

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 06:46:25 PM »

Not sure if this cable is good or not but i'm not able to get anything going what's a good source for a Galletto 1260?
thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: