Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2.8L Tune  (Read 8317 times)
TUTRider

« on: March 22, 2015, 07:45:27 PM »

Hey all,

New Noob here. I own a Audi A4 2.8L 2000 Quattro Avant. Great car and had an A6 before, but would like to do some tuning to it. I am pretty savvy with computers and working on my car, I have some coding experience and quite a lot of mechanical experience with cars but am just wondering how to get started. I looked at Giac, Revo, etc. for some tunes but having the 2.8L doesn't give me a lot of options so I would really like to do it myself. I am a hard worker and just need the guidance to get me through it if anybody has resources or the willingness to help me some that would be awesome.

Thanks.

(I am not looking to do a lot ot it, just turn off governor for speed and code out rear o2 sensors, also anything else worth doing while I am in there)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 08:24:48 PM by TUTRider » Logged
k0mpresd

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 08:25:08 PM »

timing and fuel maps. done.
TUTRider

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 08:30:12 PM »

Appreciate the reply. But I am completely new to all of this so after I get a cable and the software how would I move forward to do something like that (safely preferably) and also do the other stuff I mentioned.
k0mpresd

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 08:32:43 PM »

s4wiki. read the parts that pertain to what you want to do.
TUTRider

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 08:41:52 PM »

Reading up now, hopefully I will start to understand all this. Thanks
TUTRider

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 09:01:01 PM »

s4wiki. read the parts that pertain to what you want to do.

Thanks a bunch for the info. Been reading up and think I am going to build a bench setup (Nice thread btw on Audizine for the quick and dirty build guide) from my old car's ecu and practice first on what I want to do before I brick the important one.

Quick question though: My old car was an A6 2.8L Quattro Avant, but with the same 2.8L that is in my A4. If I work on the A6 ECU would it work in my A4 or no since they are different cars?
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 09:30:15 PM »

As long as they are both ME7, drive by wire, the A6 ecu will work fine. Worst case, flash it with the A4 software. What ecu numbers are they? Regardless, they will accept any other 2.8 file.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 10:35:29 PM »

There is very little you can do with NA motors.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
TLS

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 10:56:35 PM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6537.0title=

I'm afraid with NA it really is all about timing.

RON
What fuel was it set up for?
What fuel are you using?
How much more timing can it handle?

I tuned an 1.6 NA corolla with an emanage and a dyno and got 10% or 10kW out of it throughout the rev range.
I was able to smooth out many of the bumps on the curve and re-set the position for cam changeover by overlaying the normal curve and the advanced curve from the dyno, but that was about it.

That's why I bought a turbo car.

NA you need to reduce restrictions, dial in adjustable cams etc.
I reckon you'll struggle without a dyno and the bang for buck just isn't there.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 10:58:33 PM »

On the bright side, there isn't much that can go wrong. Good way to learn the basics of tuning.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
TUTRider

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 10:34:16 PM »

Appreciate all the answers. Getting way stoked to get all my stuff together and start tuning. With my ECU from my old A6 2.8L how exactly do I transfer it over? I have read in some places that it is just plug and play, but others talk about resetting the immobilizer with the ecu and doing the same with they key, if that is the case; how would I go about doing that? I would like to work on my old ECU first for practice and just be able to pop it in and have my new car run on it without messing with it's stock ECU. (1999 A6 2.8L to 2000 A4 2.8L)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 10:38:18 PM by TUTRider » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 01:49:00 AM »

Neither of those cars have an immobilizer, so it's plug and play. I would however flash the appropriate file after installing. Nefmoto will work. If you can't read the original, post the ecu number and I will upload it.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
k0mpresd

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 07:42:13 AM »

'99 2.8 will be aha though and 2000 is atq. no swappy swap.
ddillenger

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 10:28:17 AM »

'99 2.8 will be aha though and 2000 is atq. no swappy swap.

Presumably its a 99 build but 2000 model, at least that's what I thought when I read it.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: