Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B6 A4 24C08 - Dead Cluster  (Read 7179 times)
NonRicer

« on: April 20, 2015, 12:45:17 PM »

Guys i need your help please.

I was using Tacho Pro to try and reprogram 24c08 and i think i might've messed up the cluster..

I kept getting 'general error by reading' couldn't connect to the chip via clip, in the process of trial and error i kept plugging and unplugging the cluster and the last time i plugged it in only 3 lights came on 'ABS' 'EPC' 'AIRBAG'. Car now wont stay on past 2 seconds. and the cluster is completely dead besides those 3 lights. (last time i plugged it in i didn't hear the needle resetting that's when i knew something was up)

Tried disconnecting battery, no faults reported via OBD. All fuses seem good.

I think i might've corrupted the chip, but i did save the original data, < but i used the 93c eeprom board which was not the correct one so i don't know if it saved the data correctly.

I know this is very noob of me, guys you have an input ?
f1torrents

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 04:23:15 PM »

The data will be encrypted and there for useless to read anyway.
You cannot even write it to a new cluster as its encryption mask will not match the MCU from the new cluster.

What were you trying to accomplish.

Do you have DEF error now?
NonRicer

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 10:57:07 AM »

^^thanks for the reply!

I was trying to adjust mileage, im not getting a DEF error, i think i fried the cluster. Anyways if i get a virginized cluster will i need vagcom to adjust mileage? will it have to be set to the old mileage or can it be whatever i want ?
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 06:01:02 PM »

^^thanks for the reply!

I was trying to adjust mileage, im not getting a DEF error, i think i fried the cluster. Anyways if i get a virginized cluster will i need vagcom to adjust mileage? will it have to be set to the old mileage or can it be whatever i want ?
hy I did that! Then I bought real software! Toss it in the bin, but another and be sure you have the orig skc and your new to adapt your new cluster. Good luck

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
NonRicer

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 07:18:09 PM »

hi i cam still pull the old skc from the ecu right even with a dead cluster ?
_nameless

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 07:44:36 PM »

hi i cam still pull the old skc from the ecu right even with a dead cluster ?
yes argdub's EEPROM tool works good for this

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
NonRicer

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 05:08:01 PM »

So i just got a used cluster off ebay for $50, i dont know if its virginized but mileage reads 0 and SAFE right under. Car still wont stay on (stalls a few seconds after starting).

What should i do next? i dont have VAGCOM.

ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 05:10:48 PM »

So i just got a used cluster off ebay for $50, i dont know if its virginized but mileage reads 0 and SAFE right under. Car still wont stay on (stalls a few seconds after starting).

What should i do next? i dont have VAGCOM.

You need a kkl cable, vag-com, and vag eeprom programmer 1.19.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
NonRicer

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 06:19:04 PM »

I dont have any of those, just cheapo tacho pro.

Can i saulder my old eeprom to the new cluster?

If anyone here is in the so cal area and can help me out ill pay you
f1torrents

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2016, 12:56:11 AM »

You cannot solder the chip from the old one.

The advise from daz is your best option.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: