Pages: [1]
Author Topic: s4 stage 2 to stage 3 tue  (Read 4956 times)
jimmer009

« on: May 08, 2015, 06:55:00 PM »

so I am in the middle of my single turbo build. as I am almost done I am going to need a tune. my question is with tuner pro it needs a .xdf file to work from. my car currently has a stage 2 epl tune already on it. I have 42lbs injectors that I am going to put in it. the rear 02's have already been deleted and I put both front o2's in my down pipe. all I am really going to have to change is boost psi (14 to 20) and fueling. maybe some timing. but I am not going to start with a stock .xdf or .adf file. can I just read it with nefmoto and then open my current tune and adjust it with tuner pro?Huh? thanks for any help
gigabyte

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 01:16:39 AM »

Depends if the current map has been encrypted also if it is, pulling the map off with nefmoto may lock the tune. I know with Revo maps that does happen.
If the XDF has all the maps needed for a stage 3 defined you'll be good to go.
Best thing I would do is use MPPS to pull current tune just to be safe mate.
corradovolksb

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 09:04:14 AM »

You should be able to do a full read of your current file then use one of the Xdf's from the deff file section to change the maps you want.  Make sure you use the correct xdf file for your current tune or else none of the values will be correct. Also you will need to correct your checksums so you don't brick your ECM.

You should also refer to the s4wiki for reference on what maps you want to make changes too because there is a lot more to adjusting boost, fueling and timing than making changed to a few maps.
You will also need a wideband AFR gauge and me7logger to help tune your setup.

The 440s might not be enough injector for your setup at higher boost levels so if you do use them log your injector duty cycle to make sure your not getting close to the 100% mark.

2000 Nogaro blue S4 Stage 2. VAG for life.
jimmer009

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 05:00:01 AM »

I got the wideband installed already. the turbo is a bit on the small side. it a tdo5h 20g. but im running 14 psi now so if I can crank it up to 20 and let it taper down to redline it will be fine. I hope to go bigger turbo next year. so I have to ask I have looked all over for adf and xdf's. can anyone point me in the direction?? I have a A box ecu and I have only stuff for the M. thanks again
corradovolksb

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 10:31:57 AM »

Abox xdf's are hard to come by. Here are all the map addresses For the Abox you will need to add the addresses to a Mbox xdf that is fully defined to work with your Abox file.
8d0907551A defn file http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=193

This is also an option of flashing the Mbox to the Abox.
Reflashing Abox with Mbox Tune??? http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=305

2000 Nogaro blue S4 Stage 2. VAG for life.
jimmer009

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 03:53:22 PM »

thanks for the help. I have a ross-tech cable on the way. should be here may 27th. So as a noob I am I just want to make sure I got everything straight before I start. I have a A box in my car now. I am going to use the m box .xdf for a definition file with tuner pro. but first I am going to use mpps to read my current stage 2 tune. from there I can load that file into tuner pro and adjust my ecm. from there I am going to run it threw ultimo check sum and if it is good to go I can flash it using nefmoto.

I hope I'm on the right track. I think I am not using tuner pro right in the above paragraph. I have all the programs downloaded and ready to go. as the .xdf for a mbox already on tuner pro.

So that's the easy part. In my case I just finished my single turbo build. I did spend the money and I got some 660cc injectors.  So from what I read I need to find out how to code out one of the front o2's. the rears are already gone. other than that I think it is going to be tuning.

this is just my ruff understanding. I have done a lot of reading but until I get the cable and start playing I really wont have a good grasp on this. but please let me know if I am missing something or if you can guide to delete one of the 02's. thanks for help
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: