Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34
Author Topic: Logging ME7 fast and flexible => ME7Logger  (Read 464507 times)
AudiSportB5S4

« Reply #240 on: March 16, 2013, 12:29:33 PM »

I've spent the past couple days reading this and first off... Thanks to all the people who put so much work into this. I actually love how raw it is in comparison to ECUx. The GUI is also great..

My questions.. I did read this thread too, so if someone wouldn't mind helping I'd appreciate it. They're basic.

I'm deleting only the semicolon in front of each variable, correct? I think I did that part right... I have the variables I want to look at. Now when I go to use my VCDS hex/can cable, it's runs through the command prompt and then says COM error 2, or something right along those lines. Has it been figured out what settings you want to shoot for with the VCDS cable, or should I get the other cable from ebay?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #241 on: March 16, 2013, 12:45:06 PM »

ME7L can use the FDTI USB method or the COM port method.

If you don't install the RossTech VCP driver, the ross tech cable will not get a COM port allocated to it, and you have to tell ME7L to use the USB method.

Which method is better depends on your laptop/OS/cable.. I generally use USB when possible.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
AudiSportB5S4

« Reply #242 on: March 16, 2013, 01:39:21 PM »

ME7L can use the FDTI USB method or the COM port method.

If you don't install the RossTech VCP driver, the ross tech cable will not get a COM port allocated to it, and you have to tell ME7L to use the USB method.

Which method is better depends on your laptop/OS/cable.. I generally use USB when possible.

Nye... Thanks a lot man. What is the RossTech "vcp" driver? The driver is installed for the cable for VCDS use and it connects to ECUx fine, but I have this netbook now and I want it to be my logging machine... ECUx seems too outdated now, so I'm determined to get this to work!

Also side question since everyone on this site is near genius... The netbook I'm running this on is an Acer Aspire one with an Intel Atom dual core 1.6 processor. It has 1gig of RAM which I've already bought the 2gig stick for, since Win7 starter takes a bunch of the physical memory just to run. I have stripped the netbook of anything but Firefox, and the logging tools and VCDS. This should be sufficient for logging with Me7, yes?

Thanks again Nye!
ddillenger

« Reply #243 on: March 16, 2013, 01:42:58 PM »

Nye... Thanks a lot man. What is the RossTech "vcp" driver? The driver is installed for the cable for VCDS use and it connects to ECUx fine, but I have this netbook now and I want it to be my logging machine... ECUx seems too outdated now, so I'm determined to get this to work!

Also side question since everyone on this site is near genius... The netbook I'm running this on is an Acer Aspire one with an Intel Atom dual core 1.6 processor. It has 1gig of RAM which I've already bought the 2gig stick for, since Win7 starter takes a bunch of the physical memory just to run. I have stripped the netbook of anything but Firefox, and the logging tools and VCDS. This should be sufficient for logging with Me7, yes?

Thanks again Nye!

I use an acer aspire one, works great. I didn't even bother to upgrade the memory.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #244 on: March 16, 2013, 01:47:42 PM »

"VCP" stands for "virtual com port", which you should only need for software that expects to see the KKL interface on a com port, rather that directly on a USB port.

ME7L, galletto, and VCDS do not need the VCP driver.. so unless you are having lots of problems talking directly to USB, you shouldn't need it.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
AudiSportB5S4

« Reply #245 on: March 17, 2013, 04:38:24 AM »

I use an acer aspire one, works great. I didn't even bother to upgrade the memory.

Oh, good to know!

"VCP" stands for "virtual com port", which you should only need for software that expects to see the KKL interface on a com port, rather that directly on a USB port.

ME7L, galletto, and VCDS do not need the VCP driver.. so unless you are having lots of problems talking directly to USB, you shouldn't need it.

Oh okay, thanks for the info. So in the GUI (I read you're not a fan lol) am I changing that "Specify Com Port" to read "USB" or just selecting use FTDI?
Timtheguru

« Reply #246 on: March 19, 2013, 02:46:29 PM »

Is ME7Logger written in C? I'd love to get this ported over to Android and use BT or the Beta FTDI Android driver. Would be sweet to attach my cell phone or tablet to gather logs.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #247 on: March 19, 2013, 02:49:12 PM »

Unfortunately, it is binary only. No source Sad

ECUx Plot

Timtheguru

« Reply #248 on: March 19, 2013, 02:55:19 PM »

Darn! Heh, I've been playing around with emulators on my rooted Kindle Fire HD to get Win95/98/XP etc and run ME7Logger in there, so far all of the emulators suck, or maybe it's just the Kindle not allowing me to host the USB device (so I'll be getting a different Tablet soon) and try this out some more. If I knew how to write a program that did what all of this does I would make a native one for Android... maybe one day. Although, Java would be cool, and could be across all platforms.
AudiSportB5S4

« Reply #249 on: March 23, 2013, 06:56:47 AM »

My buddy who is on here also came over last night and got it working! He had to download the VCP for the cable I have (Rosstech Hex/Can). Then he was still hitting a speed bump, which was that my file name was edited from the stock 2.7 blah blah thing you read in the engine channel in VCDS. Once he changed it to to what mine reads, it worked!!!

Tested it out and it's great. Big thanks!
aysix

« Reply #250 on: April 13, 2013, 09:37:03 PM »

I've found some problems with some ME7.5 ECUs 2004...2005MY
For example ECU Numbers:
8E0909518BC 0010 0020 0040
4B0906018DQ 0040 0060
ME7Info.exe can't recognize most of definitions.
Error messages list is in attachment.
Any ideas?

Was this resolved? Is there a solution? Same issue over here. Trying this out on an 04 Passat and upon trying to create a template file with the stock, or modded bin I get this. This only happens with this specific bin, and i'm not sure where to start troubleshooting.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 09:51:57 PM by aysix » Logged

Silly Rabbit 6 speed A6
Timtheguru

« Reply #251 on: April 16, 2013, 08:57:44 AM »

OOo, Microsoft is going to put out a tablet that competes with the 7" crowd. That would be perfect for this logging tool. Smiley

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/04/15/ipad-minis-latest-challenger.aspx
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #252 on: April 16, 2013, 11:20:06 AM »

What would be perfect would be source code so it can be ported Smiley

setzi already published binaries for linux..

ECUx Plot

phila_dot

« Reply #253 on: April 16, 2013, 11:27:29 AM »

What would be perfect would be source code so it can be ported Smiley

setzi already published binaries for linux..

Written to interface directly with Tunerpro for map tracing along with a real time dashboard Grin

Gratefully submitted.
jibberjive

« Reply #254 on: April 16, 2013, 01:29:59 PM »

Agreed with the above, the source would be awesome Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: