Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VIN rewriting on RB4 cluster  (Read 2828 times)
diwasas

« on: July 22, 2015, 03:54:53 AM »

Hi,

Long story short:
I've bought a car (A4B6 2002y.) with replaced ECU and IC without having original ones, IMMO was disabled. I could not adapt them together with VCDS, because original data was missing, so one guy modified ECU's EEPROM (because it is less risky to damage something instead of modifying IC's EEPROM) to match cluster's data. After re-flashing everything is working fine, components and keys are adapted, IMMO working fine, but IC have old VIN code.

Question:
Do I need to recalculate checksums after changing VIN? Or I can just change VIN code and re-flash cluster again? I have encrypted and decrypted backups. If recalculation is needed is there any software for this, or it should be done manually?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 03:56:28 AM by diwasas » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 05:33:20 AM »

Anytime you change anything you must recalculate checksums. I would not advise doing this on a B6 cluster.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: