Pages: [1]
Author Topic: nefmoto wont show my cable.  (Read 3229 times)
k120189

« on: July 28, 2015, 08:40:06 AM »

Hi I'm Kevin...and I'm new to this.
I've played around with MS and Honda tuning before, now taking a crack at tuning VAG group cars.
so I've made a bench flash set up and tested it. It all works with my vag kkl 409.1 cable. can access it all in vcds lite no problem. connects right away to the ecu and all is well. close vcds down and open nefmoto and theres no devices listed..have i missed a step to set this up? I've reinstalled, restarted, reinstalled drivers for the cable and still have nothing. any help would greatly be appreciated.
k120189

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 10:00:11 AM »

figured it out. cable has a ch340 usb uart chip which nefmoto cant used..plugged in a ftdi usb-uart from one of my arduinos and it shows up in nefmoto.
walt

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 11:15:45 AM »

Frustrating isn't it? Just went through the same experience yesterday.

The only positive thing to come out of it was getting familiar with modifying vid and pid numbers in the FTDI inf files for Windows XP. Also, after plugging in the new cable, ftdibus.inf is the first driver you give it, this adds a "USB Serial Converter" entry under "Universal serial bus controllers". Then device manager finds a new COM port, and you give it the ftdiport.inf .

ftdibus.inf installs with no errors, but installing ftdiport.inf results in an error:
"This device cannot start. (Code 10)".

Time for a cable with an FTDI chip. Hopefully it will be genuine FTDI, or again there might be problems.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: