Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 8E0910560G XDF definition file request  (Read 8295 times)
cwestcot

« on: August 16, 2015, 10:42:03 PM »

I would like to request a xdf file for the B6 S4 ecu in the title.  I have all of the eprom and flashing software necessary.  I am stuck now creating an xdf file.  I have looked on every forum I could find and will work toward creating a definition file as multiple have instructed.

My main concern is the lack of instruction when it comes to Scalar value and addresses.  The main reason I'm pursuing this is to change the scalar values for SAI and Evap, which as I have seen can be very hard to find without a verified xdf file.

Thoughts, comments, and or concerns would be much appreciated.

See attached original read flash.
cwestcot

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 01:36:22 AM »

Have payment...

Will travel...

Need a solution!!!!

Running headers on a B6 V8
is a constant struggle on the
Factory tune.

Also I refuse to load blind maps, this is the only other choice
From all of the vendors, regardless of vehicle
Specifics.
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 02:12:09 AM »

Post your current faults.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
cwestcot

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 08:14:43 AM »

I am assuming by faults your implying CEL codes. These were specific to the SAI system, pump itself and cat performance. The issue was that the cats were removed. Since then I have removed the SAI, EGR and pump components with the intention to turn these system maps/ scalar values off.

In addition I would like the option to tune some of maps to increase performance as well considering other upgrades on this engine.

I do have other bin files from additional ecus that I had turned the immobilizer off and had successful a read/flash.  Would those be helpful?

Thanks for your time.
cwestcot

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 12:10:48 PM »

Here is an original file from another 04' S4 B6 ME7.1.1 Ecu, auto transmission.  The first one attached was from an 05' S4 6spd.

ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 12:46:15 PM »

If you want help, please, post your current fault codes. I'm certainly not going to guess.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
cwestcot

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 06:45:27 PM »

These are some of the fault codes I was seeing.

P0301   CYL 1 MISFIRE
P0411   SAI SYS INCORRECT FLOW DETECTED
P0420   CATALYST SYS EFF BELOW THRESHOLD BANK 1
P0421   WARM UP CATALYST EFF BELOW THRESHOLD BANK 1
P0430   "" BANK 2
P0431   "" BANK 2
P1111   O2 CONTROL BANK 1 SYSTEM TOO LEAN
P1147   O2 CONTROL BANK 2 SYSTEM TOO LEAN
P1403   EGR FLOW DEVIATION

This was a number of months ago since the engine was running.  It's now installed in a different vehicle and the SAI, EGR and air pump system are all removed. 

As I said, with the aftermarket headers, the main catalyst is removed and as such the SAI/EGR system will not function as it normally would.

Thanks,
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 09:10:46 PM »

You do intend to leave the rear o2's connected and in the exhaust, correct? That would be ideal.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
cwestcot

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 09:59:37 PM »

Yea I am still going to use all of 4 the O2 sensors, that hasn't been an issue thus far. 

I would really like to be able to tune the fuel and ign maps as I have a lightened flywheel and crank pulley installed.

Regardless I'm under the impression that it won't start if there is no signal or connection for the SAI/ EGR.  In the past I had a no start condition with the air pump disconnected...

Any idea on how to find these values in bin file and or the address for the xdf?

Thanks
vwaudiguy

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 10:22:54 AM »

Anything ever become of this?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
bamofo

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 04:37:47 PM »

Interested in finding updates on this too.
_nameless

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 05:07:57 PM »

I dont understand? Are you too lazy to find maps or make your own map packs? News flash no xdf made itself they are all user made. Stop trying to build a house before you have the foundation made. Learn how to use the software you plan on using before you try to "tune" your car. Learn how to use me7 logger, how to graph logs, understand the ecu logic and get a basic undersanding of efi. Ive been on this fourm for 6-7 years and im still reading and learning. Ive been tuning efi for about 12 years now. Humble up, dig in and start reading then put into practice. Shit gets old all the noobs asking for handouts

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: