Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WTB: 8E0909518AK ECU  (Read 7218 times)
overclockedpc

« on: August 21, 2015, 01:15:57 AM »

Anyone have one for sale?
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 01:32:10 AM »

You can get a B5.5 Passat ecu and use that in it's place. They are 30-40 bucks on ebay.

For instance:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-05-VW-PASSAT-1-8T-ENGINE-COMPUTER-MODULE-ECM-4B0-906-018-DA-/221856447459?hash=item33a7acbbe3&vxp=mtr

would be perfect.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
overclockedpc

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 08:22:14 AM »

How can I tell which ECUs are compatible? I could flash a file for my stock ECU onto the suggested one with no issue?
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 01:23:11 PM »

How can I tell which ECUs are compatible? I could flash a file for my stock ECU onto the suggested one with no issue?

Trial and error I guess. Or just ask me. I know most of what will, and will not work as of now.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 01:28:15 PM »

Unfortunately, there is no centralized location to look this up in..

maybe you can convince dd to start a spreadsheet or db of some sort Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
overclockedpc

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 01:38:33 PM »

If you can give me the info, I can definitely find a way to create a searchable database that everyone can use for cross referencing that. I feel like the lists are huge though and typing all of it out to send to me would be a pain in the butt
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 06:19:55 PM »

Unfortunately, there is no centralized location to look this up in..

maybe you can convince dd to start a spreadsheet or db of some sort Smiley

It's a bit more difficult than that, there are so many 1.8t variations out there.

Some are crossflashable but need a matching eeprom, etc.

Best bet, compare the bootrom, and try it.

Side note:

I don't condone crossflashing files for tuning purposes. I always use the correct file for the car, and I think everyone here should as well.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: