Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: ME7.5 Eeprom read and write  (Read 95589 times)
ktech

« on: January 05, 2010, 04:14:31 AM »

Does anyone know what prog is available to read and write the Eeprom on ME7.5 specific 1,8T from 2002-2005.
I know there are some expensive programs to buy, but just need a small tool to fix this.
The problem is when we use the Emulator on this ecu, then sometimes the Eeprom change contents and car wont start again.

The way I fix it now is by taking out the Eeprom and read it in a chip reader before I start to use the emulator. If the Ecu then change the Eeprom contents and lock the Ecu i have to take out the Eeprom and reflash it again to have the car start. This is very unplesant when you are 20km from home in the middle of the night :-(.
I have Galetto, KWP2000+, VCDS and alot of other tools already but they cant fix that.

Thanks
ArgDub

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 11:32:02 PM »

There are two types of non-volatile memories in your ECU.

First is a 94050 so8 chip located in back of the pcb. In it are stored PIN code, the VIN of you car, adaptation chanels (the ones you modify with lemmiwinks), etc.

Second is a 29F800 flash memory chip with the software of your ecu. This is the one you can read with galletto (in bootmode) or KWP2000 by OBD and software never change its contents by itself.

Can you explain what emulator are you using and what are you trying to do?

ktech

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 05:40:41 AM »

Thanks for you reply.

I know about the chip in the ecu already.
I use Winols and the ols300 to emulate the 29F800 chip during tuning of the car. It is a known problem that when you use the emulator on specific the ME7.5.x ecu the Eeprom contents can change and lock the ecu. It will set a fault code that cannot be reset. Only possible way to correct this problem, other than buy a new ECU is to remove the Eeprom soic8 95040 from the backside of the ecu and read it before you use the emulator. in case the ecu lock you can always read back the Eeprom to what ever it was before, and it will run again. The problem is that you have to unsolder it every time, and that is not fun when this happens in the night far from home.
I could get the Alientech flash software, that one read the Eeprom also. But its expencive. I was hoping to find somthing to read and write the Eeprom without have to remove it from the print everytime.

Thanks

There are two types of non-volatile memories in your ECU.

First is a 94050 so8 chip located in back of the pcb. In it are stored PIN code, the VIN of you car, adaptation chanels (the ones you modify with lemmiwinks), etc.

Second is a 29F800 flash memory chip with the software of your ecu. This is the one you can read with galletto (in bootmode) or KWP2000 by OBD and software never change its contents by itself.

Can you explain what emulator are you using and what are you trying to do?

ArgDub

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 07:21:36 AM »

Are you getting "P0601 Internal Control Module Memory Check Sum Error" fault code? You can read eeprom by OBD port, I don't know if writing is allowed. I've never used vag k+can but this could be the tool you are look for. also, chiptuning in the middle of the night ??

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 07:24:34 AM by ArgDub » Logged
ktech

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 10:37:44 AM »

Its not checksum error that I got. VagCom says somthing like ECU defect, and it cant be deleted.
I got a Dynapack 4000, but still the best dyno is the road and specially with a Huge turbo on the 1.8T where the boost is load depending. Boost is different on the road compared to on the dyno, and the roads are empty in the nights. much better when you have to look in the labtop when you drive, no sunlight reflection etc.etc.
I have heard about the k+can, maybe I should look into it again. I just thought that maybe somebody had a small simple tool to do it.

Thanks

Are you getting "P0601 Internal Control Module Memory Check Sum Error" fault code? You can read eeprom by OBD port, I don't know if writing is allowed. I've never used vag k+can but this could be the tool you are look for. also, chiptuning in the middle of the night ??

Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 02:44:13 PM »

You can easily read the eeprom contents with the KWP2000 protocol, but you can't write to them without doing some hard tricks.

I believe there is a settings stored in the eeprom that controls whether or not checksums are validated. There is a program called Unisettings that allows you to write to the adaptation channels stored in the eeprom, and it also implies that is supports disabling the checksum validations.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
ArgDub

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 07:07:12 PM »

You can easily read the eeprom contents with the KWP2000 protocol, but you can't write to them without doing some hard tricks.

I believe there is a settings stored in the eeprom that controls whether or not checksums are validated. There is a program called Unisettings that allows you to write to the adaptation channels stored in the eeprom, and it also implies that is supports disabling the checksum validations.

You can also read the eeprom with the KWP1281 protocol.

ktech, OLS300 isn't a cheap tool. I think EVC support should give you a solution to this problem.

ktech

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 03:54:58 AM »

No you are right. Ols 300 is not cheap, but a great tool Tongue
Until now I only have tried it on one type of car where it did not work. Its the Audi B5 1,8T with the Plcc44. That one really sucks with the OLS 300. Then I have to use the Dimsport emulator MET16 Grin

Thanks for the info on the KWP protocol.

You can also read the eeprom with the KWP1281 protocol.

ktech, OLS300 isn't a cheap tool. I think EVC support should give you a solution to this problem.

af

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 12:48:41 AM »

Guys!

Does anyone now how to read/write EEPROM placed at the bottom of the ECU board thru Galletto or another programmer? Hardware and software listing are can help me to do this. But I didn't now what function of the two ICs placed at the bottom of ECU also.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 12:51:51 AM by af » Logged
ArgDub

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 11:34:05 AM »

If you are referring to the 95040 eprom at bottom of pcb, it can be read with a kkl cable.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 08:01:32 AM by ArgDub » Logged
af

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 01:05:15 PM »

Do Galletto k-line interface have to use for reading EEPROM (replacement of kkl cable)?

That software can read EEPROM thru k-line?

Please provide more information.
Some description of XLS file will do me good too.

Thanks.
ArgDub

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 02:22:29 PM »

What you see in the image is kwp1281 protocol or vag mode protocol. I've included the used commands to a easier understanding. VIN and immo data was edited out.

Galletto has a uprocessor inside so it only works with galletto software whereas kkl is a dumb interfase, a rs232 to kline level translator.
EuroXs4

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 11:48:15 AM »

Im not a pro by any means or anything.I have a ME7.5 bin file i read out from a ecu that fits 2002-2005 audi a4/s4  USA vehicles.The file is stock,about 1mb. Could post if any is interested.used galletto to read it out form ecu on a bench.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 11:53:56 AM by EuroXs4 » Logged
jtorres

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 10:52:57 PM »

Hello ktech, i have one eeprom for the me7.5 that has the checksum verification disabled as well as the immo turned off. it works fine for ecus like the 06A 906 032 DL, KP, LG, HF and maybe others.   it also has the VIN number erased too.

For the read/write i use a soic8 pomona clip. Way better than the 3M that i just throw to the trash.

I didnt found the way to post the eeprom file so if you want to try it, send me a message with your email.

pvl

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 03:27:50 PM »

Vagdashcom and vag K+can commander will suit your needs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: