Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Fresh Air Antilag via SAI  (Read 28468 times)
zillarob

« on: August 28, 2015, 07:21:51 PM »

Was in DC the other day for the Red Bull Global Rallycross race and saw this type of system.
Its been around for a long time so not sure how I missed it. Thought it was some kind of 2 stage wastegate setup at first, lol.

I doubt this is as easy as plumbing the diverter valves to kombi valves to feed the sai ports, but I like the idea of boost in the charge pipes, regardless of what you do with the throttle  Grin

22psi at idle would be nutty!!!  http://www.cosworth.hu/?p=77

vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 07:39:02 PM »

Damn. You have any more pics?  Grin

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
zillarob

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 07:44:43 PM »

I dont have any pics from down there, them dudes kept that stuff on the down low  Cool

That pic is just one I snagged off the web
http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?247988-Octavia-WRC-Engine-erm-the-bus-Can-somebody-stop-the-bus-Ta!
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 07:45:04 PM »

If you have a cable throttle, by all means, get this.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
zillarob

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 07:50:17 PM »

Im sure I got some cable around here somewhere!!

This looks like taking a turbocharged engine and turning it into a gas-turbine pumped engine.

I saw that and started wondering if we could turn the secondary air injection into primary air injection  Grin
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 08:03:35 PM by zillarob » Logged
vwaudiguy

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 12:08:58 AM »

Thanks for posting that link Zilla. Shits awesome.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
prj

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 07:55:49 AM »

Useless on any modern car with e-throttle.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
mushtafa

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 11:54:41 AM »

I'm liking those pics in that link you posted  Cool
zillarob

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 05:49:00 PM »

Useless on any modern car with e-throttle.

One of the crew guys I was talking to said the Super class cars were in the neighborhood of 600k.
Im pretty sure if it were useless, it wouldnt have been on there.

Looks like this type of system can make boost on its own, independently of whether or not the throttle is open or closed.

My guess it has the ability to maintain psi in the charge pipes while engine braking and can supplement the exhaust gasses to spool the turbo sooner.
ddillenger

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 06:01:54 PM »

One of the crew guys I was talking to said the Super class cars were in the neighborhood of 600k.
Im pretty sure if it were useless, it wouldnt have been on there.

Looks like this type of system can make boost on its own, independently of whether or not the throttle is open or closed.

My guess it has the ability to maintain psi in the charge pipes while engine braking and can supplement the exhaust gasses to spool the turbo sooner.

Use

Less

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
zillarob

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 06:15:54 PM »

Can our current implementation maintain spool while completely off the throttle and engine braking?

Can it kick in to help spool the turbo if you shortshifted and bogged the motor?

That stuff sounds like it could be useful to me.
seishuku

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 07:30:48 PM »

There are more pics of that engine in the photobucket album

Pretty sweet looking engine.
ddillenger

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 08:31:59 PM »

Can our current implementation maintain spool while completely off the throttle and engine braking?

Can it kick in to help spool the turbo if you shortshifted and bogged the motor?

That stuff sounds like it could be useful to me.

No, but then again this isn't WRC.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
zillarob

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 08:52:39 PM »

What if I drive like a WRC driver? Oh wait, youve seen logs of my driving  Grin

Just seems like a neat way to do things and would be pretty easy to do on our cars.
Some cars are driving off the lot with these systems installed for homologation purposes. Sounds like it just needs to be turned on in the ecu for them to be functional.

Seems like you could potentially make something like 770s or k24 hybrids spool like k04s, or maybe even k03s.

Im thinking put the kombi valves on the heads, plumb one of the diverter valves to them, another n249 or n112 to control them, and some mojo in the ecu.

Who wants to be a guinea pig?!?!  Grin
Jibber

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2015, 11:44:16 PM »

I couldn't imagine doing this on a car that the turbos are this difficult to replace. Anti lag while entertaining is very detrimental to the turbos longevity.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: