Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: 95% DC, no boost  (Read 65359 times)
vwnut8392

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2015, 07:44:47 PM »

There's a log from VCDS, thats the only log im capable of capturing and generating.
vwnut8392

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2015, 07:51:39 PM »

engine RPM from group 113
specified load without correction from group 114
specified load after correction from group 114
N75 duty cycle from group 114
boost pressure specified from group 115
boost pressure actual from group 115
k0mpresd

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2015, 07:52:09 PM »

actual is no where near requested. leak.
ddillenger

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2015, 08:05:12 PM »

actual is no where near requested AND N75 DC is 95 percent. leak.

Fixed that for you.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2015, 08:26:03 PM »

its about to be a parts car if it doesnt stop doing this or i'll rip all the ME7 out of it and install digifant 1 on it to see how a 1.8T works on that management. so far the 16V, 16VT, I5 10V, and I5 10V turbo have proven very strong and reliable on the old DF1.

"it doesn't stop doing this"?

Doing what? You don't even know what is wrong with the car, let alone the turbos.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2015, 08:26:48 PM »

There's a log from VCDS, thats the only log im capable of capturing and generating.

And duty is still 95% as it has been from the very beginning, and you keep ignoring that fact, and posting one useless post after another.

What do you think standalone is going to do if you can't even get your car set up properly mechanically?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2015, 10:23:36 PM »

i put 3 different N75's in it with all the same results. thinking about just doing away with the N75 all together and going with a manual boost controller. tuning all these maps is a PITA especially when nothing has any affect on how it runs. only thing thats helped is adding some timing to it and adjusting the target lambda table with the boost the way it is.

Fix your hardware.

95% duty and no boost means something is broken. "tuning" is not the problem. Find a qualified mechanic who can diagnose your boost issues, then start considering tuning.

How do you know an MBC will work if you haven't even tried disconnecting the waste gate lines and seeing what kind of boost you get?

You seem to have zero understanding of even the basics of wastegate function, then complain that nobody is helping you.

To add insult to injury, you refuse to take the time to learn how to take proper logs.

And then AGAIN demand to know why nobody is helping you.

You really don't see why people are universally annoyed with your behavior? What, exactly, did you expect?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:25:18 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

adam-

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2015, 11:52:55 PM »

Repeating exactly what Nyet has said.  You said in the first couple of replies that you had replaced the K03s with a "K03 Sport" from eBay.  I'm gonna put it out there and say that it's a Chinese rep and that's your reason for no boost.

If you're Duty Cycle is 95% for most of the log - the ECU is holding the wastegate shut - so the turbo should produce loads of boost.  It's not.

Find out why it's not; be it a leak, bad wastegate, bad turbos, the wastegate penny not sealing, whatever.  You have a hardware issue, not a software.
vwnut8392

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2015, 11:12:58 PM »

i understand there is a mechanical problem with the car now. i smoked the charge piping again along with the vacuum system and it still comes up clean. im going to try to run it with the wastegate unhooked and see if it goes above 13 psi. you guys keep says 95% N75 duty cycle, so at 95% is the N75 almost closed or almost open? im used to VEMS where at 95% duty cycle the N75 is 5% away from being completely open thus full open wastegate. it sounds to me like you guys are saying that 95%duty cycle is making the gate only open about 5% thus the gate is only open just a little bit and the turbo is working its ass off to get to the target boost. so could anyone kindly explain which way is which? i know im a stupid idiot and i should go hang myself, you dont have to remind me twice.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2015, 11:24:08 PM »

95% is only used instead of 100% to prevent burning out the N75 solenoid.

In this case, 95% means all pressure is diverted away from the wastegate actuator, meaning the wastegate should be fully (100%) shut.

ECUx Plot

automan001

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2015, 12:58:44 AM »

95% is only used instead of 100% to prevent burning out the N75 solenoid.

In this case, 95% means all pressure is diverted away from the wastegate actuator, meaning the wastegate should be fully (100%) shut.
Interesting theory. I don't think these extra 5% will burn the solenoid. In practice I've been using 99% WGDC for max load and solenoid is working without problems. Of course if you have 99% wgdc it's time to think about bigger turbo.
ddillenger

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2015, 01:08:26 AM »

Interesting theory. I don't think these extra 5% will burn the solenoid. In practice I've been using 99% WGDC for max load and solenoid is working without problems. Of course if you have 99% wgdc it's time to think about bigger turbo.

You can change this in the flash if you want, but there is zero difference.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
adam-

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2015, 03:16:16 AM »

Have you been using 99% actual DC, or just mapped?  As DD said, you can change the max allowed, but it's not spoken about/done usually. 

You can request 100% surely, but it is capped by the limit, which is 95%?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2015, 09:58:14 AM »

Generally, sending constant DC current through any solenoid is a bad idea. It will eventually burn out.

ECUx Plot

IamwhoIam

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2015, 10:09:49 AM »

retard alert in this thread

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: