Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: 95% DC, no boost  (Read 65356 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2015, 11:00:14 AM »

i just like the adjustable hat, makes my life easier to get it dialed in for whatever boost levels the car is running.

There is no part of a functioning BPV that needs to be "adjustable".

But I digress. Where are your logs?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Dave87VRS

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 08:12:49 AM »

Nothing is better than the standard DV for these cars. Simples as that.
gigabyte

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2015, 03:45:24 PM »

I would certainly try a different DV if I was you, buy the standard Bosch DV its cheap and you will probably see a difference. I had the Forge Split R valve tried running it in Hybrid and Recirculating modes and caused nothing but problems. My boost was fluctuating all over the place! The Forge DV007 is a decent valve but I decided to buy the standard Bosch one and it fixed my problem  Smiley
aef

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2015, 11:08:05 PM »

This is a aftermarket high quality valve

http://www.gfb.com.au/products/blow-off-and-diverter-valves/dv-plus/dv-t9301-25mm-bosch-diverter-valve-replacement-bov-by-gfb
ddillenger

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2015, 06:01:02 AM »

FYI the splitter on this car does not vent to atmosphere, i have that portion capped off. not sure if you realize they come with caps to block either or side to make it full atmospheric or full recirculation. i just like the adjustable hat, makes my life easier to get it dialed in for whatever boost levels the car is running.

The fact that you feel you should be adjusting it at all is a problem.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
eliotroyano

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015, 08:17:27 AM »

I have been looking at it. Do you have any comments about it?
vwnut8392

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2015, 06:18:36 PM »

im working on my GTI 1.8T still and no matter what i do it will not go over 13 PSI no matter what i do to the mapping. i even went back to the original ECU that had revo stage 2 on it and it sits at 13psi and bleeds down to between 7 and 8. i bought the car as a test mule/experiment car, it had a bad K03 on which i replaced with an ebay K03 sport. the car had an ebay FMIC kit, ebay intake kit and forge splitter diverter valve and the atmospheric vent side is capped off. as i said in a previous post i had deleted the N249 in the all the emissions stuff of the engine and in the ECU. i smoke tested the whole intercooler system and vacuum system for leaks and put a new N75 on it still no love. i may go back to roots style trouble shooting and simply remove the vacuum from the wastegate and gently see if it will push over 13psi at all. i posted my last test tune i was working with along with the XDF and the the BIN from the ECU that came with the car. i dont have the right cable to use ME7logger so do just say post logs because its not going to happen.
giles92

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2015, 08:04:29 AM »

Are you turning ESP or traction control off? It will limit torque and intervene if left on.
If your new turbos wastegate spring isnt properly tensioned, boost will be strange. KFLDIMX could correct that if thats the case. But only with logs can you determine that.
KFTARX affects boost based on intake temp maybe a longshot as a cause but i thought id mention it.
You also could be knocking therefore the ecu would follow LDRXNZK instead of LDRXN which is a stock boost profile through the rev range.
Theres too many possibilities to guess what it could be. Buy a cable for $10 and stop maxing tables that are safety interventions to stop you from blowing up your car (KFLDHBN).

vwnut8392

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2015, 11:58:49 AM »

actually the car does have a bad drivers front wheel speed sensor at the moment and i know when a wheel speed sensor is bad it shuts the traction control down. but what your saying is because i have a bad wheel speed sensor that would cause the whole problem? if thats the case thats the craziest thing i've ever seen or heard! i personally like the car without the ASR too, its really fun to drive. its so annoying when a car tries to get loose in the front and the trac kicks on to stop it.

not really worried about blowing it up, i got the car for something to experiment with on the cheap. i have 3 more engines sitting in reserve that i assembled from blow up cores that came out of other cars. i've been working on a sort of hybrid engine thats a 1.8 16V head on a late 1.8T bottom end too that i want to try. if that engine works it will be going on my sand rail with either ME7 or digifant 1. im leaning toward digifant 1 because its a much simpler fuel system to tune than ME7 by leaps and bounds. DF1 is as easy as add the MAP sensor you want, raise boost with an MBC to where you want it, and simply tune the timing and fuel tables to work with your setup. DF1 can be dumbed down so much that its really simple to setup and use. i set the DF1 ECU to run in open loop all the time so it follows the timing and fuel maps only and doesnt try to auto tune itself pretty much. simple and easy. i wish ME7 could be dumbed down like this,  most standalone fuel management systems arent this complicated because its completely unnecessary. the boost control in my VEMS ECU is a great example, you can use the primary PID loop or the secondary PWM settings which i use to keep it simple to control the N75. its a simple 12X12 table that is RPM on one axis and boost pressure on the other and the cell values are the N75's duty cycle pulse %. simple and effective.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 12:16:11 PM by vwnut8392 » Logged
giles92

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2015, 12:36:12 PM »

Not saying that the wheel speed sensor could cause anything but having traction control active can limit torque or limit boost.
k0mpresd

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2015, 12:51:01 PM »

why do you have front lambda, vvt, and misfire detection disabled?
vwnut8392

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2015, 02:42:53 PM »

why do you have front lambda, vvt, and misfire detection disabled?

its disabled?? i must have done that by accident. did calculate the ESKONF wrong or in the on/off bits around 0x18190? ahhh, i'll just see if i can figure out what i did wrong there.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 02:44:48 PM by vwnut8392 » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2015, 05:17:14 PM »

Idont have the right cable to use ME7logger so do just say post logs because its not going to happen.

Do you want a working car or a broken car?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 10:25:29 AM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vwnut8392

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2015, 06:50:41 PM »

Idont have the right cable to use ME7logger so do just say post logs because its not going to happen.

Do you want a working car or a broken car?

its about to be a parts car if it doesnt stop doing this or i'll rip all the ME7 out of it and install digifant 1 on it to see how a 1.8T works on that management. so far the 16V, 16VT, I5 10V, and I5 10V turbo have proven very strong and reliable on the old DF1.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 10:25:53 AM by nyet » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2015, 07:13:39 PM »

its about to be a parts car if it doesnt stop doing this or i'll rip all the ME7 out of it and install digifant 1 on it to see how a 1.8T works on that management. so far the 16V, 16VT, I5 10V, and I5 10V turbo have proven very strong and reliable on the old DF1.

If you don't post logs, I am going to lobotomize this thread, the same as you are talking about doing to your poor car.

Just because you have a lack of fundamental understanding of something doesn't mean that it is bad.

Read the manual. You are not a new member, you know the rules. You ask for help, you post logs. Laziness will not be tolerated here.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: