Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Winols question using the comparison feature  (Read 14043 times)
vwaudiguy

« on: September 08, 2015, 01:27:39 PM »

Looking at a tuned vs. stock file using the "connect windows" option, I see a section that's multi-colored on one side even though the values match in the other. Normally the colors indicate a difference between the two. Anyone know why?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 01:28:18 PM »

Checksums.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
vwaudiguy

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 01:58:11 PM »

Thanks for the quick answer. I was under the impression Winols didn't show checksummed areas.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:24:48 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 08:13:13 PM »

Wow. Thanks for the quick answer. I was under the impression Winols didn't show checksumed areas.

It won't show changes to this area, but it will show that there is a difference, exactly what you are experiencing.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
vwaudiguy

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 08:18:39 PM »

It won't show changes to this area, but it will show that there is a difference, exactly what you are experiencing.

Thanks for the explanation. Was this in the user's manual?

hopsis

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 09:35:50 PM »

Is this feature also present in demo version?
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 10:41:37 PM »

Is this feature also present in demo version?

Does the demo version have the checksum plugins?

Methinks not, but I am admittedly not 100 percent positive.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
hopsis

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 11:10:12 PM »

No plugins on the demo, I'm just thinking that most users probably use demo version (or am I just being naive?). I'll check this today anyway, I have the newest demo on this work laptop.
hopsis

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 09:17:25 AM »

So I've been thinking about this as I don't fully understand what's happening here. This is what I'm looking at. Original file on the left, anti-lag script done on the right.

This being a noob question thread, when You say "checksums.", what do You mean? I don't want to clutter this thread with AL/NLS related stuff but I'm having problems with this mod everyone is doing in the "anti-lag and no-lift-shift secrets inside"-thread. If i just leave everything like the script does by default (FTOMN 00, 4500rpm, 200ms, etc...) the file works. Well, the car starts, no flames though. If I change the launch rpm or FTOMN, I immediately get a no-start situation, ABS and ESP lights on and have to recover by bootmode.

I'm guessing here, is the script inserting the AL/NLS routine and variables to somewhere it shouldn't. I tried running the script and manually giving it some other free address but I'm shooting blind here. Main reason being that I don't understand how the checksums work inside a file. Are there some areas that you shouldn't touch and how are they recognized? I clearly have learning to do, will gladly accept a link to some reading Smiley

e: Sorry about the screenshot size. I added a smaller one that should be a little easier to view with lower resolution screens.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:46:47 AM by hopsis » Logged
vwaudiguy

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 01:32:31 PM »

I'll try my best to answer this, but keep in mind I'm far from an expert. The script places the code in FF'd area which is essentially blank. The ecu has no reference to this area. You will not have areas like that containing checksum information (unless you see data already there like at the very end as one example). The areas I was talking about are used for checksums, so if there are changes between two files (maps), their checksums will be different. You are not supposed to modify these areas, so WinOls shows the colors to point of there is a difference, and now that I know what that area is, know not to modify said area thinking it's a map, or something else. HTH

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: