Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RPM-Delay on ME7.5  (Read 8343 times)
cocktailyogi

« on: August 19, 2011, 02:09:38 AM »

Hello,

I have Passat 3B6 2002 130hp. ECU 3B0 907 557 R. its ME7.5

I don't want to chiptune for more power. (I know, that its useless at non-charged cars.)

The engine runs technically fine and there are no errors. But when I shift the gears, there is a RPM-delay. This means, if you press the clutch-pedal, the actual RPM stays there for 1-2 seconds and then goes slowly down. This feels very sedate.

Is it a special function of the ECU and can be changed? Or is it because of the rotating engine-mass? Other cars feel much more dynamic because it is possible to change gears faster. It think its a function of the ME7.5 but not sure.

Perhaps somebody could tell me if I can edit my ECU-Software to reduce this delay.

Greetings,
Yogi
Rick

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 09:54:38 AM »

I'd start looking in the anti-jerk function.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 02:31:38 PM »

Anti-jerk??  Grin I had a car that "hangs" like this in between gears once. It was the clutch switch if i remember correctly. It wasn't sending a signal to the ecu that the clutch was depressed so the throttle body wasn't snapping shut. This was a while ago , so sorry if the info's bad...Just trying to throw ideas your way!

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
thom337

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 06:45:48 AM »

I had a similar problem on my B7 A4...it was the clutch switch. Ended up being the brown/tan one that engages when the clutch pedal is fully up. There is also a blue on that engages when the clutch pedal is all the way down. Take it off and check it with a multimeter.
Gonzo

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 12:55:45 PM »

On newer cars there is a "rev hang". The MKV's have this and its only purpose is to lower emissions. The 2.5l on the MKV is ME7 afaik and has this "rev hang".
vwaudiguy

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 05:27:37 PM »

Any idea how to code this out, or at least lessen it's effect Gonzo?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
cocktailyogi

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 04:12:07 AM »

Hello together,

thanks for this good information.

I am sure, that my clutch switch is fine, because my cruise control does fine. In case of dead switch, cruise control would not work and set an error in ECU. (I figured this out last year ;-))

So I will have to start looking for information on this "rev hang" or "anti-jerk-function" and report back later here.

If somebody knows anything... but first I will try search-function.

Thanks!!
berTTos

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 08:02:05 AM »

i'm interested in this as well.  this was a critisicm of Jason Plato back when he tested the B5 RS4.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1OJZ-55GzA  The engine holds on to revs too long between shifts.

Perhaps KFWEE (injection cutoff angle)?
cocktailyogi

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 11:19:52 PM »

I did a little bit research on "rev hang" and "anti-jerk-function", but did not find much information. Google gives some links to marketing-papers from Bosch, where they mention about anti-jerk function. But nothing technical.

Has anybody further ideas? I am yust doing something like this for hobby and learning purposes and I am willing to test good ideas.

Greetings,
Yogi
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:34:07 AM by cocktailyogi » Logged
phila_dot

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 09:45:22 AM »

I did a little bit research on "rev hang" and "anti-jerk-function", but did not find much information. Google gives some links to marketing-papers from Bosch, where they mention about anti-jerk function. But nothing technical.

Has anybody further ideas? I am yust doing something like this for hobby and learning purposes and I am willing to test good ideas.

Greetings,
Yogi

Look into function ARMD
cocktailyogi

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 10:48:32 PM »

Hi,

thanks for the advice.
I found infos on function ARMD in the documentation "functionsrahmen". I would like to switch this function off completly testwise. From documentation I saw that it is possible. Maybe I could reconfigure this function for different parameters. In the manual is a process discribed, how this works.
But how could I edit the parameters in my binary file?

Do I need Tuning-Software like Winols for remapping?
Are the memory-locations for parameters in the file always the same or are they different between ME7.5-ECUs?

Greetings,
Yogi

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: