Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I have two dead ecus  (Read 28275 times)
_muppet_

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 11:52:04 PM »

Anyone have any monoscan pointers? When I connect, and select read eprom, it will begin to display lines of code like it's working, then it says something like lisence key not found and disconnects. I can't find anything about a key in the monoscan manual, or the monoscan website?

Ok, I now see how to register the software, it seems like kind of an odd process. I was looking on the monoscan discussion page, and I see where "hound dog" says there is no write function for the eprom. It seems like it will read the eprom, but I'm not sure how to then write that to my new ecu.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 12:57:15 PM by _muppet_ » Logged
_muppet_

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 12:13:01 AM »

It seems that I am probably not savvy enough to get this working on my own with the tools and knowledge I currently have at my disposal. But here is the tune I am trying to get working on my spare ecu. It is totally unmolested, exactly as it was when it was read from my bad ecu. Maybe someone can get it going.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 12:27:36 AM »

Muppet...You need to copy the contents of the serial eeprom from the bad ecu to the good one. I think this would allow the giac tune to work again. If you want to ship me the ecu's I'll do it for you. PM if interested.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
_muppet_

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 10:28:54 AM »

What process would you use to do this? Would you de-solder the eprom and read it with a programmer? I am interested and I can ship you the ecu's, but I am interested in the process as well.
infinkc

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 07:47:33 AM »

What process would you use to do this? Would you de-solder the eprom and read it with a programmer? I am interested and I can ship you the ecu's, but I am interested in the process as well.

you can read the chip in-circuit using a programmer that can read the serial eprom (small 8 pin chip).  Sometimes you may need to remove it to write.

Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 12:10:03 PM »

Get an SOIC8 test clip and an eeprom programmer that supports the 95040 serial eeprom. Then you can read and write the eeprom without removing it from the ECU circuit board.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
_muppet_

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 04:58:18 PM »

Cool, I was going to get a programmer to start playing with my mkIII ecus. I was going to get the moates burn 2, but I don't think it will support this. I suppose the willem gq-4x would be the way to go? I didn't know which eprom was the serial on the s4 ecu. I was expecting it to be on the back side. I am assuming it's number 7 in these pictures?

Thanks for all the help so far, I will see about getting a programmer soon.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 05:12:48 PM »

I use a Willem programmer for all my flash and serial eeprom needs. If I recall correctly number 7 is the serial eeprom, and it should have 8 pins.

Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
infinkc

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 05:51:40 PM »

2.7T S4 ECUs do have a 4k serial eeprom. This serial eeprom stores the adaptation channels, immobilizer info, and error codes. It also contains unused space that a tuner like GIAC code use to store extra info.

The NefMoto software does not currently support reading and writing the serial eeprom because only some of the sectors are accessible. You should try the Mono Scan software and see if it can read and write your serial eeprom.

you say you cannot read or write the serial eeprom with nefmoto, but i read one out with a programmer and it has "NEFMTO" as a string in the eeprom on one that was flashed with your software.

Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 03:29:41 PM »

you say you cannot read or write the serial eeprom with nefmoto, but i read one out with a programmer and it has "NEFMTO" as a string in the eeprom on one that was flashed with your software.

The KWP2000 protocol stores the workshop code as part of the flash erase command.

_muppet_

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 07:25:47 PM »

I just got my gq-4x in the mail today along with the soic 8 adapter clip. Is there some trick to reading without de-soldering? When I search 95040 in devices I get four options, I have tried all four, and the log says read complete, but the code just reads FF FF FF the whole way down the page. I also got a plcc44 adapter for my mkIII vw ecus, and these eproms read out as they should. I have tried flipping the clip around both ways, and pushing it down, it looks to be making good contact at all the pins. Any pointers?
_muppet_

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2011, 03:02:32 PM »

Update:  Grin I installed the other driver on the cd and it read on the first try, I wrote it to the stock a-box, and have totally re-created my awe stage 3 ecu. It seems to run the car fine, which is good because my "new" awe stage 3 ecu has been running kind of sketchy. I think someone may have tweaked it a bit. Thank you so much for the help guys. I still have two bad ecus, but at least I can use the software on them.
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2011, 06:54:31 PM »

Nice work! Congratulations, I love that feeling when your doing something you can't quite figure out and all of a sudden it just clicks...(or breaks). And then it starts to make sense.

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: