Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Big Turbo 1.8T help  (Read 43812 times)
SB_GLI

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2016, 02:04:28 PM »

your rescaled MLHFM looks correct to me.
mattytdi

« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2016, 10:50:32 PM »

Hey there Jonamond,
I'm nowhere near being an expert with the me7 tuning. I have a car similar to yours,  i'm not working it as hard as you're pushing yours, but in the last few months I've put a number of tunes on the car, having tuned to get the most from the k03, and more recently having installed a gtx2860 eliminator, giving me some big turbo tuning experiences & learning.

I've briefly had a look at your bin... It looks to me like your partial throttle problems may still be due to your KFLDHBN table. Your mid-range output locations may be too low. Also, KRKTE, those 630cc injectors are closer to 787cc, by my method 840cc at 4bar fuel pressure. Maybe a couple of the experts will chime in on these issues...
I'd consider having a look at those two items for starters.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:12:37 AM by mattytdi » Logged

Jonamond

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2016, 11:39:16 AM »

Thanks Matt! The main issue I'm having right now is my fueling as you can see in the attachment aswell as partial trims at -25%. I'm unsure if this is the ecu trying to compensate for an improperly calculated KRKTE, or something else. I'm going to try adjusting KRKTE and see where that puts me
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2016, 11:42:47 AM »

Your MAF scalning is WAY off.

ps_w is very very far off actual boost - usually a sign that your MAF is scaled wrong.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Jonamond

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2016, 12:00:12 PM »

so now I would have to change the values in MLHFM to follow actual boost?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2016, 12:06:34 PM »

so now I would have to change the values in MLHFM to follow actual boost?

You have to change MLFHM to properly measure the air ingested, bro.

Until then EVERYTHING you do is pointless, because your load is being measured wrong as well.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Jonamond

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2016, 12:09:20 PM »

Im gonna have to read around, I have no idea where to begin.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2016, 12:16:55 PM »

Im gonna have to read around, I have no idea where to begin.

Again, ps_w being that far off is a sign you've got something VERY VERY wrong with your MAF calibration, or a big intake leak.

ECUx Plot

Jonamond

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2016, 12:21:24 PM »

I'm going to take the maf off and physicaly measure it and do a once over see if I can find anything

« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 01:47:30 PM by Jonamond » Logged
Jonamond

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2016, 01:52:04 PM »

OK, I think I found what's going on here, I've had both MAFs sitting on my box for months and I was almost positive I switched the the old sensor to the 3" housing. Now looking at the old housing it doesn't look like the maf sensor has been touched. I googled the part number on the sensor itself and it comes up with 1.8t applications, no vr6....

I really hope that's it, I'll give it a go tonight.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2016, 02:01:05 PM »

Another rule of thumb: at idle, you should be around 15-20 load

ECUx Plot

SB_GLI

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2016, 07:02:00 PM »

OK, I think I found what's going on here, I've had both MAFs sitting on my box for months and I was almost positive I switched the the old sensor to the 3" housing. Now looking at the old housing it doesn't look like the maf sensor has been touched. I googled the part number on the sensor itself and it comes up with 1.8t applications, no vr6....

I really hope that's it, I'll give it a go tonight.

this seems most likely, because I've used the exact values you have in MLHFM with a stock 1.8t sensor and 70mm housing quite a few times.
Jonamond

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2016, 08:16:54 PM »

Car runs much better! Can't really do any decent logging right now due to snow storm but from just watching the scope on the vag, it's following requested afr much, much better. Once I get some good logs I'm going to ,if needed, dial it in a little more then try to get the n75 working
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2016, 08:44:12 PM »

Car runs much better! Can't really do any decent logging right now due to snow storm but from just watching the scope on the vag, it's following requested afr much, much better. Once I get some good logs I'm going to ,if needed, dial it in a little more then try to get the n75 working

Don't bother doing any tuning other than fueling until you have all trims near zero under all non-wot conditions (cold start, warmup, warm start, idle, part throttle).

Then get wot boost looking right, then revisit fueling again.

ECUx Plot

Jonamond

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2016, 08:47:53 PM »

Don't bother doing any tuning other than fueling until you have all trims near zero under all non-wot conditions (cold start, warmup, warm start, idle, part throttle).

Then get wot boost looking right, then revisit fueling again.

Thanks, I'll get cleaned it up!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: