Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to use Damos files on different models with same ECU model  (Read 3333 times)
irish07

« on: November 13, 2015, 12:03:44 PM »

Hi guys,

I'm trying to understand this but haven't found the correct information when searching. Say I have a MED9, MED17 or even something like a EECVI. If I have Damos files for other cars and nothing on the project car..How do I use the damos files for the same ECU on another vehicle to find the maps I want to edit on the project car?

Sry if this is a real Noob question..but though this would be a good section to post this

I don't have an example but could create one, ..VAG example might be easy so something different, say a Ford Mustang with EECVI and a Aston Martin Vantage with EECVI(I can get stock files if needed to help example). I wouldn't be able to use HPTuners or SCT due to Aston VIN, so WinOLS or alike would be used(maybe Titanium?), just no Damos files for Aston Martin and loads for Ford models of EECVI to compare with.
mister t

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 07:51:07 PM »

Best bet is to fine one from the same family (i.e. ME7.1.1 to ME 7.1.1), link them together in winOLS and set the variance to 20% or more and go through them one by one to see if you can get a match.

Once you find the general area, then you can transfer the map structure across and it gives you a starting point.

I found that the Porsche ones were actually the most helpful/similar when it came to creating definition files for a ME 7.1.1 ECU. I did both my 3.0 and 4.2 definition files that way.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: