Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need Virgin EPROM for Audi TT Cluster  (Read 6196 times)
BRMTDI

« on: December 19, 2015, 12:57:26 PM »

Working with a 2001 Audi TT..seeing some gauge cluster issues.

Need a Virgin EPROM so I can hopefully fix this...

I did not load anything but gas and temp do not seem to be working...

I am using VVDI2 Xhorse 2

I selected Cluster Magnetti Mareli Direct 2000 and I have a current dump of that...new to the forum so any info will help thanks guys.
BRMTDI

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 01:01:13 PM »

Some Part #'s for you

8N1 920 930 J
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 01:06:21 PM »

You do know that you must solder correct? And it is contained in the MCU?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
k0mpresd

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 01:18:24 PM »

sure its not just steppers?
vwaudiguy

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 03:14:59 PM »

I assume you've tried to sweep the gauges with VCDS already?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
BRMTDI

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 09:15:50 AM »

Got it working...took apart the whole cluster...stepper motors were just out of wack so now it is working...

I am using VVDI2 also called xhorse...for some reason maybe not selecting the correct k line cluster... but having issues changing mileage...

But still curious if someone has any virgin EPROMS for this thing by any chance still.
k0mpresd

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 09:21:12 AM »

I am using VVDI2 also called xhorse...for some reason maybe not selecting the correct k line cluster... but having issues changing mileage...

i would stop right now or youre likely going to end up with a brick.
BRMTDI

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 11:57:31 AM »

Cluster is fine...even if I brick not a problem I have a EPROM CLIP that I could of re flashed original saved EPROM if needed. I was just asking if anyone had a virgin file for this cluster...if no one does that is ok...just thought I would ask.
k0mpresd

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 12:03:46 PM »

Cluster is fine...even if I brick not a problem I have a EPROM CLIP that I could of re flashed original saved EPROM if needed. I was just asking if anyone had a virgin file for this cluster...if no one does that is ok...just thought I would ask.

again, stop. because if it bricks, youre fucked. e2p is contained in mcu, as dd stated previously. maybe you missed that part or dont quite understand what that means.
ddillenger

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 02:26:42 PM »

There is no eeprom. It's in the microprocessor. How are you going to fix that with an eeprom clip?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: