Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help Needed...Crazy Logs  (Read 8872 times)
AudiHolicS4

« on: August 30, 2011, 07:40:18 AM »

Just got my car tuned by Vast and its over boosting like crazy..wondering if you guru's could take a look at the logs and tell me where to start...I pressure tested no leaks there.  I also tested wastegate's and they crack at 10psi so they should be fine.  I unhooked the N75 and its only boosting to 10psi which tells me its not the N75.  I have been hanging here just looking for a while but the logs look crazy and Vag will not read blocks 115,118,119.  It just says N/A for all blocks except for RPM?  Im lost im trying to just figure out if its the tune so I can get this fixed without having to be without my car for a week while i send the Ecu back to Vast.  Thanks for all your help...not sure im uploading these logs correctly if not let me know and i will try and fix it

Marley-8.29.11.xlsx
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 01:59:43 PM »

You paid VAST for a tune.. why aren't you calling them and telling them to look at your logs?

If you're over boosting why don't you take care of the basics first... check the N75 and WG lines.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
AudiHolicS4

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 03:13:18 PM »

I did call Vast and they are checking into it just figured id get some info so I know im not being BS'd not saying thats how they are just like doing my homework and making sure i checked everything...i did unplug the N75 and boost wouldnt go above 10psi and i pressure tested the wastegate line that goes to the N75 and the wastegates did open at 10psi..just seemed like people on this forum know theyre sh*t so why not try an get some more help
Matt Danger

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 06:18:24 PM »

You did the right things by checking the N75 and wastegates for leaks. In my experience many the VAST base K04 tunes overboost, some even after multiple revisions. They will probably be able to fix it with a revision. Too bad that they make people send their ECUs back for revisions now.

Edit: Just read on AZ that you're running FTs. Probably tune related.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 06:23:55 PM by Matt Danger » Logged
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 07:50:52 PM »

I did call Vast and they are checking into it just figured id get some info so I know im not being BS'd not saying thats how they are just like doing my homework and making sure i checked everything...i did unplug the N75 and boost wouldnt go above 10psi and i pressure tested the wastegate line that goes to the N75 and the wastegates did open at 10psi..just seemed like people on this forum know theyre sh*t so why not try an get some more help

I hear ya... well I would suspect that it's the tune as well then... does it happen in the higher gears when you get on it from lower in the RPM band?

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
AudiHolicS4

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 07:52:41 AM »

Well i have noticed it more in the higher gears but it just seems like it builds boost slowly then all the sudden the boost just spikes and goes from 15psi to 25 or more very quickly.  I wouldve loved to try and tune the car myself but ive only been doing small things like coding out rear o2's and i just didnt wanna kill my car with trying to tune for new injectors, bigger MAF, and just figured id leave it to those guys.  I read a lot on the forums here and Im just finishing up on my Engine Management:Advanced Tuning book so hopefully after a while Ill be able to tune my own car Grin  Luckily Induktion Motorsports is only 20mins from my house so i can go there for my revision as they sell Vast tunes now.  But thanks for taking a look and your input i really appreciate it
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 08:04:35 AM »

did u get a chance to run that other vast ecu?

If not i can send u a file to test with... u just gotta read your vast file in boot mode since they have obd read protection on their files, since you will want to save it.

I have a b5 s4
but i just want to dance.
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 09:43:58 AM »

This seems to be a really common theme with Vast.
AudiHolicS4

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 10:45:24 AM »

did u get a chance to run that other vast ecu?

If not i can send u a file to test with... u just gotta read your vast file in boot mode since they have obd read protection on their files, since you will want to save it.
No Josh and the only reason I didnt drive up and test it out is because I would've had to install a MBC because thats what his car was tuned for.  I wanted to run my car with N75 only but what is everyone's thoughts on MBC's.  Do you use them? I would assume no since you can just tune for whatever boost you wanna run
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 11:16:34 AM »

I don't like using mbc in my tunes... will tune for it if the owner of the car really wants it... but it's not as smooth and it takes away all my control as the tuner.

do you have an ecu u can write a file to?

I have a b5 s4
AudiHolicS4

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 12:02:45 PM »

I don't like using mbc in my tunes... will tune for it if the owner of the car really wants it... but it's not as smooth and it takes away all my control as the tuner.

No i only have my Ecu and I dont even have a bench flasher to read the ecu in boot mode
AudiHolicS4

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 12:25:15 PM »

oh almost forgot threw a 17536 system too lean code doing a short highway drive...i havent been driving it but i wanted to see if it would throw any codes and a few cycles and some driving
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 05:49:03 PM »

No i only have my Ecu and I dont even have a bench flasher to read the ecu in boot mode
sounds like you have some stuff to order Wink

I have a b5 s4
AudiHolicS4

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 06:01:58 AM »

Yeaaa Ill get on that  Grin...hopefully I can find a Ecu pretty quickly
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 06:05:06 AM by AudiHolicS4 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: