Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME7.5 Car with CAN, ESP, HALDEX --> Standalone ECU  (Read 5490 times)
aef

« on: January 20, 2016, 03:29:39 AM »

Hi,

I dont know which section to post.
Anyone ever ripped a me7 ecu out of the car to run with megasquirt?

I know haldex could be solved with standalone controller.
What i dont know at the moment is how the ABS/ESP works and if there are inputs from the ecu via can.

I had a quick look into SSP 204 and it looks like the me7 ecu will only receive informations (to remove power when ASR).
Another sentense sais that the ESP will calculate the acceleration based on information, one of them FROM the me7 ecu.

Can it be done?
Anyone did it or know someone?
A thread on the internet?

Thanks in advance
DT

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 04:53:40 AM »

The short answer is: Better to forget about ESP since that is a safety function of the car and you will not be able to get 100% safe function.

fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 07:14:05 AM »

esp listens some data from ecu via can-bus like a rl, wped, b_br, b_kuppl and some other.
you can emulate this messages with arduino-like controller, but its all about code to do proper values.
abs worked standalone.
prj

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 08:17:17 AM »

Why would you want to do this?

If you want very simple control for a track car, you can kill most convenience functions. Making it throttle, fuel and spark only without torque control and other stuff.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
aef

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 08:42:47 AM »

Its not me asking. Friend of mine is Megasquirt lover.

thatswhy...

thx for reply
vwaudiguy

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 09:25:17 AM »

Why would you want to do this?

If you want very simple control for a track car, you can kill most convenience functions. Making it throttle, fuel and spark only without torque control and other stuff.

Most times when someone asks to upgrade the engine management system, I push them towards swapping ME7 in over standalone at this point. I realize this does not apply for every situation. On a side note, I once made an 034 standalone system control the Haldex, and machined the case to make the controller manually adjustable from the outside. This was a track car. I'm in the process of doing Megasquirt on a 16v, and it's a good unit (feature-wise) for the money, but paying a shop to do the install really evens things out cost-wise.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
cessnas

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 03:25:07 AM »

Anyone got any further with this? Looking for information about exactly what the ESP listens to via CAN. I've read trough the FR at page 1631, but i'm still getting an fault for CAN torque monitoring.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: