Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Author Topic: KFMIRL, KFMIOP, KFMIZUOF - Torque Monitoring sanity check  (Read 195765 times)
Rick

« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2011, 04:39:23 PM »

Looks much better, I'd increase the values in the last column a little though.  There really is no need to calculate the inverse, you don't need that kind of precision.  Use KFPED to tune response.

Rick
masterj

« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2011, 04:43:12 PM »

Looks much better, I'd increase the values in the last column a little though.  There really is no need to calculate the inverse, you don't need that kind of precision.  Use KFPED to tune response.

Rick

Rick, what do you think if I increase column by 10 ? Or you have better suggestion?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2011, 06:04:22 PM »

There really is no need to calculate the inverse, you don't need that kind of precision.

Also, you have a built in fudge factor because actual torque will ALWAYS be lower than optimal torque (due to lamdba and timing corrections, among other things).

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Rick

« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2011, 02:53:54 AM »

Exactly, which is why you never see 100% anywhere. 

I would increase the last column into the early 90's.  Double check intervention by making sure zwist=zbas.

Rick
masterj

« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2011, 04:01:27 AM »

Exactly, which is why you never see 100% anywhere. 

I would increase the last column into the early 90's.  Double check intervention by making sure zwist=zbas.

Rick

what is zbas? because melogger doesn't show me this variable inside my created template for this ecu

masterj

« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2011, 02:08:19 PM »

Flashed the file today and results were... well... at idle my car was dying... rpm went from 760 to 880 and ignition angle was between 0 and 30 BTDC. No knock was detected so I don't know why it was pulling such crazy timing... I even tried to lower KFZW at low rpms, but it didn't help me at all... Flashed original KFMIRL and KFMIOP and problem went away. Either it has something to do with edited axis or my tables are bad.. Any suggestions?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2011, 02:12:47 PM »

Can you try it with less changes?

Or just IRL vs IRL and IOP?

Also, try to avoid changing low load areas in BOTH IRL and IOP

Could also be an axis interaction; I have no idea if other tables in your file share the same axis.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
masterj

« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2011, 02:28:33 PM »

Can you try it with less changes?

Or just IRL vs IRL and IOP?

Also, try to avoid changing low load areas in BOTH IRL and IOP

Could also be an axis interaction; I have no idea if other tables in your file share the same axis.

Ok I'll try to flash only IRL first to check

masterj

« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2011, 05:51:59 AM »

UPDATE on progress... Looks like I can't change X axis, because some other maps are sharing it also. So, I had to change whole table again. Problem is: I literally feel no difference when those two tables are changed...

I've updated them like this (image attached). If I understand everything corectly I had to lower numbers in KFMIOP to match up with KFMIRL (because axes were already predefined up to 145%)?

BTW: I have compared my previous "pro tuner" bin to stock and found out that KFMIOP and KFMIRL BOTH were RAISED! What a hell? Shocked

P.S> a little offtopic, but is there a map which limits torque based on gear? because right now I can't boost more than 0.7bar in second gear, but in third I can boost all the way...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 05:53:58 AM by masterj » Logged

Rick

« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2011, 06:05:39 AM »

You should only be changing the last three axis values in IOP.  IRL shouldn't have it's axis touched.
masterj

« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2011, 06:11:04 AM »

You should only be changing the last three axis values in IOP.  IRL shouldn't have it's axis touched.

I haven't touched irl axis, only axis i edited was iop's (but I've edited them almost all to completely match with irl's table). So you're saying that KFMIOP only needs last three columns edited? Even if others are not matching to KFMIRL table?

Rick

« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2011, 01:00:56 PM »

Yes, exactly. 
masterj

« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2011, 09:12:53 AM »

Well it looks like I have managed to stabilize idle by leaving first 3 columns stock on IOP map. Now everything is good for few minutes and then torque monitor intervenes with dtc code "torque exceeded". Now I tried to disable monitor for testing but then I got same dtc from torque monitor 2 and my ecu shut down until I restarted engine...

Maps that I've used to disable monitor:
KFMIZUOF FFd whole table
TMNSMN  -48C
TANSMN  -48C

Also I've found these: KFMDZOF_UM, KFMPED_UM, KFMPNS_UM. They look they're are limits for torque.  Should I just FF them too? what other maps are responsible for torque limiting?

I will test these settings next: (image attached)

Rick

« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2011, 09:23:00 AM »

Post your IOP and IRL maps.
masterj

« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2011, 09:31:48 AM »

Post your IOP and IRL maps.

attached now  Grin P.S> Found also this map: KFMI_UM, which looks like is overall optimal torque map for torque monitor. Maybe I should match it to kfmiop?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: