Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Author Topic: KFMIRL, KFMIOP, KFMIZUOF - Torque Monitoring sanity check  (Read 187228 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2014, 06:27:42 PM »

alright. I am going to attempt to draw a flow chart at some point.

hopefully i'll get it right.

i think i got it now.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
phila_dot

« Reply #166 on: August 06, 2014, 07:23:42 AM »

Ok added a section to the wiki.

phila, i'd appreciate it if you took a quick peek.

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Tuning_KFMIOP_and_KFMIZUFIL

Looks good.

Quote from: S4Wiki
KFMIOP translates max load (rlmax) to max torque (mimax, which results in mifa, which results in misolv)

I would say mimax limits or caps mifa vice results in.

Quote from: S4Wiki
KFMIZUFL translates wped to allowed torque limit (miszul)

Should read KFMIZUFIL.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #167 on: August 06, 2014, 09:44:46 AM »

Thanks. Fixed.

Any suggested working for level 1 vs level 2 intervention?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2014, 12:00:34 PM »

For reference, this is what I am using

ECUx Plot

jpurban

« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2015, 12:31:32 PM »

Just wanted to say this is a great thread -- After reading through it about three times, the light bulb came on and I think I finally understand well enough to effectively update the following tables in "concert"...  KFLDRX(NW), KFMIRL, KFMIOP, and KFPED while avoiding (minimizing) torque intervention.

I ran into all the problems mentioned in this thread...  Raised KFMIZUFIL thinking that would keep torque intervention from being an issue, but I only caused lots of level 2 interventions -- very inconvenient "throttle shutdown".  I experienced the strange timing oscillations too -- it was audible in my exhaust note while cruising.

One piece of advice that stuck with me -- Rick said that tuned KFMIRL/KFMIOP, but then fine tuned with KFPED.  That really helped lay out the process for me...  Start with KFLDRX, then design the KFMIOP axis you need to achieve those values.  Create KFMIRL values by translating KFMIOP stock table values "through" the new KFMIOP axis.  Finally, cross-check requested load vs max requested load by processing KFPED thru the new KFMIRL and KFMIZUFIL thru the new KFMIOP.  Reduce KFPED whereever requested load is above max requested load.  I've skipped a lot of translating and interpolation steps, but you get the idea. 

Once I had this modeled in Excel (nothing fancy -- manual interpolation using freeware Xlxtrafun, http://www.xlxtrfun.com/XlXtrFun/ReadMeXlXtrFunAndSurfGen.htm), I found I could optimize my pedal response while also avoiding torque intervention.  The stock KFPED wasn't very aggressive at low pedal angles and low rpm, which makes driving a turbo standard transmission harder than it needs to be.  I also found my stock KFPED was designed to violate KFMIZUFIL (induce torque intervention), which I wanted to design around.  Why rely on a safety mechanism in normal operating conditions?

Thanks to everyone that took the time to document their issues and discuss solutions.  I don't know how I would have figured this out otherwise.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2015, 05:03:46 PM »

Thanks to everyone that took the time to document their issues and discuss solutions.  I don't know how I would have figured this out otherwise.

GREAT NEWS!

This is a very very tricky topic. Good to hear to stuck through it from beginning to end.

ECUx Plot

wesselh93

« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2015, 09:50:58 AM »

Guy, I don't know if it's mentioned jet, otherwise consider it as junk.

KFMIOP shares axis with:

- KFDZWOAGR
-KFZWOP
-KFZWOP 2

I'd have to state it otherwise, SRL11OPUW defines the axis of:

-KFMIOP
-KFDZWOAGR
-KFZWOP
-KFZWOP 2

By the way, this topic helped me a lot, and by reading and testing I figured I have al lot to learn and a lot to figure out. Grin

Jim_Coupe

« Reply #172 on: October 30, 2015, 07:10:05 AM »

Nice Thread! Gonna look more into this

Question: If one just Raise boost and give more fuel and dont tough KFMIRL, KFMIOP what will happen or what will not happen ?

E85oholic
gman86

« Reply #173 on: October 30, 2015, 07:11:58 AM »

Nice Thread! Gonna look more into this

Question: If one just Raise boost and give more fuel and dont tough KFMIRL, KFMIOP what will happen or what will not happen ?

Load will not increase beyond highest load figure in KFMIRL. KFMIOP will just ride the last load line of the table for anything above the last figure.
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #174 on: November 02, 2015, 07:47:46 AM »

Load will not increase beyond highest load figure in KFMIRL. KFMIOP will just ride the last load line of the table for anything above the last figure.

Aha.. I did a test on my 1.8T  raised boost with a MBC and added some fuel.. The turbo seem to boost from 0.5 to 1.5 bar. Turbo boosted as hell but the engine seemed to just block everytging Smiley cool. Or maybe theres a massive boost leak.. but i dont think so.

E85oholic
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #175 on: November 02, 2015, 10:55:41 AM »

Aha.. I did a test on my 1.8T  raised boost with a MBC

Please, just stop.

ECUx Plot

Jim_Coupe

« Reply #176 on: November 02, 2015, 11:15:50 AM »

What´s wrong with learning by doing?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 11:19:56 AM by Jim_Coupe » Logged

E85oholic
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #177 on: November 02, 2015, 11:18:35 AM »

MBC. Just. Stop.

ECUx Plot

adam-

« Reply #178 on: November 02, 2015, 11:34:56 AM »

You aren't learning by bolting on an MBC though.  It's honestly the worst idea ever.  I'm not being patronising with the following comment, but if you attach an MBC, what happens?

So, the boost goes up, but what does the ECU do?  Why is boost going up but it's not expecting it to?  How does it control ANYTHING?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #179 on: November 02, 2015, 11:36:38 AM »

What´s wrong with learning by doing?

Using an MBC is most definitely not doing.

Doing would be using the N75 to control boost.

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
  Print  

Jump to: