Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: me7logger + GUI logging issue  (Read 13117 times)
316LV

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 04:05:51 PM »

My Euro passat doesn't have fuse 11. And fuse 15 doesn't turn off the cluster (as in the fuel, temp, tachometer don't drop). Any specific other fuses? I've removed all the ones that look like cluster fuses on the fuse card, and nothing still. I'm probably going to have to wire up a second OBD port.

Any specific instructions for wiring up another OBD port? Like best place to join the wire from, etc?

You don't need another OBD port, just use the one you have. What you need to do it take the K-line from the ECU directly to the port and bypass everything else on the bus, like the cluster, to be able to log and flash with no issues.

Now I'm not saying what I did is correct, but the post below details how I tackled the problem. I was tired of pulling the fuse and messing around to log and flash and wanted a more permanent solution. I had the soldering iron out for another project and a few beers in me and this is what I came up with. It has worked flawlessly so far. I put the switch behind my fuse door in the trim panel for easy access. Want to log, switch to bypass. Want to scan something else on K-line, switch on normal. All you need is one double pole/double throw switch and some wire:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6679.msg70602#msg70602

Go ahead and give me negative karma... I don't care if you like what I post princess.
dokalanyi

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 02:13:01 AM »

I wound up wiring up a second OBD port under the steering wheel, like this: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg86271#msg86271

Also, I noticed when the switch is open, car can't start (must be the immo), and also when there is a cable in the second OBD port (switch open/closed, have no idea why). But was finally able to take logs using me7logger.

Also, I think the runway needed to do a WOT pull in third gear is quite long. Our roads are not that straight. Can I do a 1st or 2nd gear pull instead?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 12:53:42 PM »

Can I do a 1st or 2nd gear pull instead?

Yes but you won't get EGT up to where to need to to judge if you have it under control, and your boost PID really needs to be tuned at all gears (you don't really have to run it to redline, but you do need boost spike under control).

Also, if you are using LAMFA to do primary fueling, the time constant will cause fueling to behave differently in every gear.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: