Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CH34x based Cable  (Read 3282 times)
Dmnted

« on: March 04, 2016, 02:59:11 AM »

Hi all, I accidently ordered a crap CH34x based cable.
I have ordered another one but it usually takes around 4 weeks to get delivered to me from overseas to down here in Sydney Australia.
I have an Audi 2003 A4 B6 with ecu 8E0 909 518 AC. (ME7.5)
Is ther any way i can read the ECU and start looking for maps using winols and this crap cable?
I cant find any damos or xdf for my ecu so I think it is going to take me quite a while to be tuning and I dont want to loose 4 weeks sitting around.
The CH34 based cable does not show up in nefmoto obviously..

Cheers
Dave9n3

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 06:40:47 AM »

Do you have any friends with one, or someone close who could lend you a VCDS interface (I think to use these you turn off intelligent mode)

I'm not sure Nef supports this cable so you may just end up waiting. In the meantime you could try and get hold of a ORG file for your ECU and maybe a damos or ols file that is a close match to the ECU you have. You could then start using this in winols to find maps with the connect windows function and manually lining them up to create your own map pack (.kp file)

Unfortunately I'm not clued up enough to advise which files will be best matched to yours to allow you to find your own maps, but I'm 100% sure someone on here will know.
Dmnted

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 04:50:52 PM »

Thanks Dave,

Unfortunately none of my friends own a euro so i'm on my own. Ill be on my own at the end of the quarter mile when im finished too.
I tried argdub's eeprom tool last night. The com port gets an ok and then i get a fail to connect after. dropped the baud town to the min 9600 with still no luck.
The cable is showing as usb serial ch340 after driver install.
The only thing else I read that I can try is tick force dumb mode in vcds might help.
Failing that I guess I will just need to be patient.
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 08:16:20 PM »

The cable is not compatible with anything but VCDS and ME7Logger.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Dmnted

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 11:17:45 PM »

ah. dammit.
ok thanks for the confirmation.
Thanks for letting me know so I dont waste my time trying any longer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: