Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 5120 for a C5 RS6 (ME 7.1.1)  (Read 19946 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2015, 01:54:40 PM »

Thanks for the update, and PLEASE let us know if you find anything that might be applicable to the already well known ME7.1 5120 hacks.

I really appreciate the effort you are making, and your sharing it with us.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nubcake

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2015, 02:20:04 PM »

Will do!  Wink
ddillenger

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2015, 12:53:23 AM »

Try this as the bin:

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
mister t

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2015, 03:21:54 AM »

OK, this looks interesting.

Problem is, I'm completely illiterate when it comes to anything that doesn't have a point and shoot interface lol.

can someone clarify for me exactly how all this scripting stuff works???

I know that's probably a really broad question, but basically what I want to know is how I would take a .bin like one from a 3.0 or 4.2 (both of which have no defined files as far as I can tell) and use these scripting programs being discussed here to pinpoint map addresses.

I'm especially interested in being able to find the 1x1 addresses and small one dimensional maps as I can't tell where they are just by looking at the binary in winOLS. 
hopsis

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2015, 07:41:55 AM »

I could also do with a very hands-on how-to-load-binary-to-IDA. All the instructions here seem to be from/to experienced users versed in ASM, or maybe I'm just being exceptionally slow Smiley

I work with computers/software as my day job, hobby from late 1980's but disassembly is new for me. I've been messing with IDA but it's kind of frustrating when I don't know if the reason I'm not getting any results is because the binary isn't loaded correctly.
wannabee900

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2015, 09:45:46 AM »

Thank you DD, the binary match with the a2l. Might come in handy some day, if nothing else it might help when working with other 7.1.1 without dam/a2l .
Now it should be much easier for OP to fix the 5120 for RS6 2003.

As for post about IDA from hopsis I hope you can post in one of numerous IDA threads about your desire. Or even read a thread or two to learn how to import a bin into IDA.
ddillenger

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2015, 09:47:50 AM »

To the OP, I got about 85 percent of this done last night, including the divisions. LMK where you are.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
ktm733

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2015, 10:10:30 AM »

OK, this looks interesting.

Problem is, I'm completely illiterate when it comes to anything that doesn't have a point and shoot interface lol.

can someone clarify for me exactly how all this scripting stuff works???

I know that's probably a really broad question, but basically what I want to know is how I would take a .bin like one from a 3.0 or 4.2 (both of which have no defined files as far as I can tell) and use these scripting programs being discussed here to pinpoint map addresses.

I'm especially interested in being able to find the 1x1 addresses and small one dimensional maps as I can't tell where they are just by looking at the binary in winOLS. 

I to would like to know how this is done? How do people start from knowing nothing about this bin to defining it? Say you have no reference bin with an xdf. How can you properly define this bin?
dream3R

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2015, 12:31:16 PM »

I to would like to know how this is done? How do people start from knowing nothing about this bin to defining it? Say you have no reference bin with an xdf. How can you properly define this bin?

Think outide the box, what functions use and return important vars?

How to work out values from an A2L Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52371#msg52371

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

ORGORIGINAL 05 5120 creator for Volvo
ORIGINAL Datalogger (Freeware) Author
ORGINAL finder of the 'extra' torque' limits
I don't have ME7.01 A2L I just use ID
nubcake

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2015, 07:47:28 AM »

To the OP, I got about 85 percent of this done last night, including the divisions. LMK where you are.

Heya!

Thanks for the bin! I've got it elsewhere already and I've been digging through it for a while. Smiley Sorry about the lack of updates.
It's actually quite different from the "production" 366304, so I decided to "dig deeper" and update my binary instead of flashing the A2L one. It's helping me immensely with cross-referencing, though.

Status of my 5120 project didn't change much since my last post, since I got sidetracked with ARMD/MDFAW/etc re-calibration for MT. My car is highly custom, so I wanted to fix everything else before moving forward with boost control.

Everything is pretty much ready to go, all the maps and needed ASM offsets are defined in OLS and "noted" in my excel spreadsheet.
Some of the maps are zeroed and can be ignored, namely: DPSLV, DPUPVDK, KLDPDK, LDEIAO, MSNPCV.
FQTEPT, KFANFPU, KFLDIOPU are zeroed as well, FRLFSDP is constant throughout - but somehow I didn't mark them with "ignore" note.  Grin
There's some very weird stuff going on with PSSOLPF, PSSOLPGRD, PUKORRV. Just halving them is easy, but not sure the result will be "proper".
I'm also hesitant about LDRQ0S and LDRQ1ST - they are noted as "%/100hPa" - I guess it's logical to just leave them alone, since they are "fixed" at 100hPa per, but they are noted as "double" in 1.8 5120 project file.

So, yeah, I'm ready to test, but at the same time I want to figure out all the other stuff that is wrong with my tune. Smiley

EDIT: if I can be of any help with ASM stuff - ask away! Smiley

ktm733: well, at this point it's quite easy, since all Motronic ECUs share many functions and are largely similar, even between different families. Starting "ground up" is surely much more difficult, but I wasn't faced with that challenge yet, so can't say much about it. Smiley

EDIT (16th Jul 2016): It's been tested and running for a while now. Not bumping the thread since I didn't do anything new, everything is described here already. Basically I just took every var related to pressures, logged em on "ordinary" bin, then logged on 5120. Compared "median" of those and checked that they got changed according to my expectations. I might do a detailed post later on to better describe the process.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 12:30:52 PM by nubcake » Logged
dream3R

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2015, 07:54:56 AM »

When I did my Volvo 5120 there was a lot of stuff missing from the nefmoto version, also ou should log every map output to ensure it's right

ktm733:   Ther's never a ground up approach unless you are thick then you wouldn't be using IDA.  See my post re the functions that return important vars..
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 07:58:31 AM by dream3R » Logged

How to work out values from an A2L Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52371#msg52371

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

ORGORIGINAL 05 5120 creator for Volvo
ORIGINAL Datalogger (Freeware) Author
ORGINAL finder of the 'extra' torque' limits
I don't have ME7.01 A2L I just use ID
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: