Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: ME7Logger + realtime graph? (i.e. VAGScope, ECUx)  (Read 43147 times)
elRey

« on: January 08, 2013, 12:41:41 PM »

Has anyone thrown together a realtime graphing utility that can read the ME7Logger output file as it's being written?

Or I wonder if the output on ME7Logger can be transposed to mimic vagcom output that VAGScope could then graph realtime. Or ECUx graphing.

Thanks,
Rey
prj

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 12:52:36 PM »

Yes.
Driver for WinLog, fully customizable dashboard, data logging and log viewer.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
littco

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 02:17:29 PM »

I've used prj's driver for winlog... Fantastic, great tool and very useful.. Realtime at its best.

Small clip.

Work in progress but it works. Coupled to the winlogview its awesome.

http://youtu.be/66kree2yA8A
jibberjive

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 06:43:12 PM »

I've used prj's driver for winlog... Fantastic, great tool and very useful.. Realtime at its best.

Small clip.

Work in progress but it works. Coupled to the winlogview its awesome.

http://youtu.be/66kree2yA8A
Is there a public thread to download it from?
julex

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 11:41:42 AM »

Interested in it too Smiley
prj

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 12:29:06 PM »

So honest question, would you guys be prepared to pay something for such functionality?

The idea is to have the ME7L log parser itself for WinLog, which is fully functional at the moment.
To that I am planning to add virtual COM port ability to stream the data in a certain format, and then a TunerPro adx definition so you can have live data tracing on the maps.
I already have done all this on the old M2.3.X Motronic for the Audi I5 engines.
WinLog also supports Zeitronix, Techedge, 14point7 and some other wideband controllers, so it is possible to pull data from multiple sources and have it in the same log.

But yeah, I have so much going on right now, that I just can't see myself finding the time to release this for free.

Log your car properly.
littco

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 12:41:37 PM »

So honest question, would you guys be prepared to pay something for such functionality?

The idea is to have the ME7L log parser itself for WinLog, which is fully functional at the moment.
To that I am planning to add virtual COM port ability to stream the data in a certain format, and then a TunerPro adx definition so you can have live data tracing on the maps.
I already have done all this on the old M2.3.X Motronic for the Audi I5 engines.
WinLog also supports Zeitronix, Techedge, 14point7 and some other wideband controllers, so it is possible to pull data from multiple sources and have it in the same log.

But yeah, I have so much going on right now, that I just can't see myself finding the time to release this for free.

I'd pay you now for one especially a TP plugin!

I've literally just email mark Mansur (tunerpro creator) about this and the me7 logger and how we can migrate it into the tunerpro, we have been testing elm327 and tunerpro as mark has a plugin for TP and elm327 but it doesn't seem to work properly yet plus the data rate is pretty crap compared with the me7 logger...

Its in my mind the missing link in TP and the emulator. I have been speaking to alot if people regarding data tracing on TP and the overwhelming consensus was it would be an amazing function to the emulator and TP .

As much as I highly rate your winlog .dll for me7 having it data tracing etc in TP would top it all off.

prj

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 12:48:20 PM »

There is no need to modify TunerPro.

All that has to be done is the WinLog plugin that parses the stream also has to provide a null modem port, and then there has to be a matching .adx for TunerPro reading from the same port.

That's very similar to what I do for M2.3.2.
I haven't had a lot of time to work on my ME7 stuff lately... something to do with converting M2.3.2 to speed density and some other side projects.
I deffo want to write a proper speed density algorithm for ME7 as well with a MAP sensor instead of MAF, but I am going off topic Cheesy

Log your car properly.
userpike

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 03:00:51 PM »

how much would the cost be and how long?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:03:38 PM by userpike » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 04:10:17 PM »

my 2 cents:

put source code in some sort of escrow to protect against abandonware (e.g. ECUx, ECUfix, ME7L, Nefmoto flasher... the list is very long and annoying).

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 04:18:03 PM »

Nefmoto software has an open source repository does it not?

That, and are we officially declaring it abandoneware? I was hoping Tony was just on a hiatus and would be returning.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
userpike

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 09:26:53 PM »

That, and are we officially declaring it abandoneware? I was hoping Tony was just on a hiatus and would be returning.

So I did some stalking and found that Tony logged on last on Feb 13th 2013. I sent him a msg via twitter to come check the forum a couple days ago though. I want a premium licence for the nef software and read that others were still waiting for theirs. I guess he just didn't feel like communicating the last time he signed on and if he doesn't respond the next time he signs on I'm going to assume he doesn't want my money. I'm sure the dude is just busy though, who isn't really? I hope he gets back here soon though.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 10:32:27 AM »

Unfortunately, the nef flashing software isn't in the repo.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
elRey

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 09:33:17 AM »

VAGScope is open source -> http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-scope/downloads.html

Can someone with C++ skills modify it to read ME7Logger config/output ?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 09:34:43 AM »

In theory ecuxplot might be able to be adapted as well.

time permitting i will give both a shot

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: