Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Throttle cut in 1st gear  (Read 9909 times)
joshuafarwel

« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2023, 09:37:11 AM »

Yeah, let's underscale the sensor instead of fixing the tune, great idea.
31.25 and 437.50 is the correct data for the VAG 03K906051 sensor.

One and a half year to fix some trivial shit...
And flashing random files means absolutely nothing.

Changing random shit in the tune blind instead of logging the correct thing and understanding how it works.
This thread is a perfect example of what not to do and how not to tune. I hope it at least serves as a warning to others.

I used a big turbo tune that works in lots ot other cars so ive finally confirmed the tune is not the problem unless the problem is within any of the 5 parameters i did change. Only maps i changed were for my hardware; krkte, tvub, frlfsdp, dslofs, and dslgrad. Ive taken like 300 logs trying to figure out what this problem could be from. The throttle actually cuts before any load request or boost request dips. With any of the mi variables i can log none of them show any change until the load request starts to dip which is after the throttle cut.

Btw if you cant even explain any specifics about what im doing wrong and only read what you want to read from my posts, why even post anything? You think i like wasting my time? Im actually trying my best, and im also only here to learn, not have some dickhead try to make me feel dumb for trying and asking for help when i need it.
prj

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2023, 10:16:27 AM »

I used a big turbo tune that works in lots ot other cars so ive finally confirmed the tune is not the problem unless the problem is within any of the 5 parameters i did change.
You didn't confirm anything. Flashing random files does not confirm jack shit.
With any of the mi variables i can log none of them show any change until the load request starts to dip which is after the throttle cut.
Make a custom .ecu file with all the parameters in the a2l.
Btw if you cant even explain any specifics about what im doing wrong
It's not my job to babysit your ass.

Stop taking things for granted and start taking things apart.
You're making random changes without understanding how the ECU works.

What you have an issue with is something super basic, but you're literally modifying a million things at once and trying to run before you can walk.
5120, alpha/n, pressure sensor with scaling you don't have a clue about etc.

So focus on the basics. Do you have a 4 bar or a 3 bar pressure sensor. Because if it's 3 bar from CJAA then your scaling is completely fucked.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
joshuafarwel

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2023, 11:03:41 AM »

You didn't confirm anything. Flashing random files does not confirm jack shit.Make a custom .ecu file with all the parameters in the a2l.It's not my job to babysit your ass.

Stop taking things for granted and start taking things apart.
You're making random changes without understanding how the ECU works.

What you have an issue with is something super basic, but you're literally modifying a million things at once and trying to run before you can walk.
5120, alpha/n, pressure sensor with scaling you don't have a clue about etc.

So focus on the basics. Do you have a 4 bar or a 3 bar pressure sensor. Because if it's 3 bar from CJAA then your scaling is completely fucked.

Anybody can tell me to go understand the ecu better why not be more specific for my situation? Ive spent many hours reading the fr trying to get to the bottom of this. Im logging nearly all the diagnostic parameters including all the ones people in this thread mentioned and none of them indicate anything until after the throttle closes. If its not one of the 5 parameters that i changed in that file then its a hardware issue.

I have a genuine bosch 4bar sensor for a tdi i think and as far as i know i have the right numbers for it. 874 grad and 68 ofs with no 5120 iirc
prj

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2023, 11:39:32 AM »

I have a genuine bosch 4bar sensor for a tdi i think and as far as i know i have the right numbers for it. 874 grad and 68 ofs with no 5120 iirc
You just said it was from a CJAA.
CJAA comes with a 3 bar sensor.

Make up your mind.

If its not one of the 5 parameters that i changed in that file then its a hardware issue.

The ECU controls the throttle. Go through the FR, and look where the throttle request comes from. Then log the relevant variables. Instead of ME7Info profile, make your own with variables from an A2L.
Or for starters remove the whole 5120. If the 5120 is incorrect, then you're going to have all kinds of issues.

Alternatively pay someone who has a clue what they are doing to tune the car for you. Nobody with half a clue is going to go through your shit for free and try to fix it. They all have their hands full.

In the end you either learn help yourself with some gentle steering in the right directions (all the tools are there to do that) or you pay.
You are trying to open your mouth wide like a baby and hope a spoon comes your way, but it's just not going to happen. No matter how many tantrums you throw.
The reason being is you have a lot of hardware mods and tons of changes in your file, and the only way to sort it for anyone capable is to start from scratch.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 11:44:48 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
joshuafarwel

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2023, 04:42:32 PM »

You just said it was from a CJAA.
CJAA comes with a 3 bar sensor.

Make up your mind.

The ECU controls the throttle. Go through the FR, and look where the throttle request comes from. Then log the relevant variables. Instead of ME7Info profile, make your own with variables from an A2L.
Or for starters remove the whole 5120. If the 5120 is incorrect, then you're going to have all kinds of issues.

Alternatively pay someone who has a clue what they are doing to tune the car for you. Nobody with half a clue is going to go through your shit for free and try to fix it. They all have their hands full.

In the end you either learn help yourself with some gentle steering in the right directions (all the tools are there to do that) or you pay.
You are trying to open your mouth wide like a baby and hope a spoon comes your way, but it's just not going to happen. No matter how many tantrums you throw.
The reason being is you have a lot of hardware mods and tons of changes in your file, and the only way to sort it for anyone capable is to start from scratch.

Those posts about the pressure sensor scaling werent me.
I said probably 10 times that ive started with a stock file with the only changes being for injectors pressure sensor, ldrxn, and irl/iop numerous times. today in an effort to rule out a pressure sensor scaling issue i swapped in the stock pressure sensor and *drumroll* i got throttle cut at 6000rpm.
Maybe ill flash a stock file with only krkte, tvub, ldrxn and kfldhbn changed and give it a go. thatll be the closest thing to stock ill be able to flash without triggering overboost faults. my wastegate wont really let me make under 20psi so i have no choice but to raise some limits.

what sort of hardware issue can cause this? this is the 2nd motor with all different sensors but i suppose something could be happening in the harness but not enough to throw a code?
prj

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2023, 03:50:27 AM »

my wastegate wont really let me make under 20psi
Did you adjust the file for that? Told the ECU what is gate boost and what isn't? I guess not.

Also, log B_LDR, E_LDRA, E_LKVDK and E_LDO.Your boost is all over the place, so the error is most likely a boost deviation fault.

Log your car properly.
joshuafarwel

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2023, 02:07:04 PM »

Did you adjust the file for that? Told the ECU what is gate boost and what isn't? I guess not.

Also, log B_LDR, E_LDRA, E_LKVDK and E_LDO.Your boost is all over the place, so the error is most likely a boost deviation fault.
I have adjusted the boost pid and the axis for wastegate cracking pressure but it never made any difference in when or if the throttle cuts. Ive also adjusted to the timers for negative and positive boost deviation as well as ff"ing kldlul and got no change. Ill figure out how to find those parameters to log just to be sure. Im convinced the issue is from my ecu harness and i think its easier to swap harnesses than read and understand 1800 pages of translated german to figure out where the error is coming from. You also gotta understand that im only trying to tune MY cars and then leave them alone, i dont really have any need to become a full on me7 professional if i dont have to. id even buy a tune but im afraid the issue will still be there.
I guess i can get out the compound turbo car with essentially the same setup except stock-like boost onset and see if it happens in that car.
prj

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2023, 04:26:30 PM »

One more time, the ECU controls the throttle...
I'm more inclined to believe that your VE model is completely fucked, as you're running alpha/n and probably have not adjusted anything right - meaning injectors are scaled wrong, load is scaled wrong, manifold pressure is scaled wrong.

Start by logging what I said.

Log your car properly.
joshuafarwel

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2023, 07:32:44 PM »

One more time, the ECU controls the throttle...
I'm more inclined to believe that your VE model is completely fucked, as you're running alpha/n and probably have not adjusted anything right - meaning injectors are scaled wrong, load is scaled wrong, manifold pressure is scaled wrong.

Start by logging what I said.
i think i fingered it out or at least i got good enough of results that i can settle if i have to.

It was the rev limit torque pid. Based on a predicted .3 seconds before hitting nmax the desired torque declines as a pre-rev limit. Im assuming the function exists so the driver will choose to shift gears because of the dysphoric lack of power the closer they get to redline, and/or because a gradual torque reduction limiter is smoother than a fuel cut, either way; I hate it.

The only map i changed so far was KLTNMXPR: "Time (seconds) for speed prediction of the NMAX control". I set all values to 0. Now my throttle cut doesn't happen until 6900rpm, but my requested torque dipped at 6700, which was caused by DNSIRES I assume?

DNSIRES is the rpm region before NMAX that the torque request dips as the pre-rpm limit. It was 300rpm stock. NMXPRLG is the proportional gain of the rev limit pid. KINMXRLG is the integral component.

As of right now I've lowered DNMAXH to 20rpm, lowered DNSIRES to 20rpm, set NMAX to 7200 for my stock head, lower the P and I components for the nmax pid, and I'll keep KLTNMXPR at 0. With these settings I think I'll have a pretty normal rev limiter. Once I get another log I'll report my results.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2023, 09:51:36 PM »

As I said half-year ago, log mi* variables

minmx_w shows that. 5 min deal
joshuafarwel

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2023, 08:58:28 AM »

As I said half-year ago, log mi* variables

minmx_w shows that. 5 min deal

You'd be right if i didnt need to learn how to find new ram variables. I didnt know what minmx was and didnt have it available to log. Maybe you couldve mentioned my problem could be the rev limit and why that specific variable is so important? But honestly if you did that i still probably wouldnt have taken the time to dissect my ecu and find the address. I probably wouldve just did what i did sunday and looked through the nmaxmd section in the 518al damos and figured it out and fixed it in 5 minutes, which is what i did.
Sorry for not blindly following directions without understanding
prj

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2023, 10:38:40 AM »

You'd be right if i didnt need to learn how to find new ram variables.

Your first step should have been to crossflash to 8E0909518AL and you would have had an A2L with every single ram variable that is there.
Instead of wasting time with AK file.

Log your car properly.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2023, 11:44:55 AM »

You'd be right if i didnt need to learn how to find new ram variables. I didnt know what minmx was and didnt have it available to log. Maybe you couldve mentioned my problem could be the rev limit and why that specific variable is so important? But honestly if you did that i still probably wouldnt have taken the time to dissect my ecu and find the address. I probably wouldve just did what i did sunday and looked through the nmaxmd section in the 518al damos and figured it out and fixed it in 5 minutes, which is what i did.
Sorry for not blindly following directions without understanding

I said that the problem comes when misol (soll-moment) drops, so the requested torque. That's the key.
It's a minimum of driver-requested, asr, getriebe and other sources that could possible request torque reduction
Log them, check FR for a source of bad guy, that's all. Be logical in your investigation, simply as that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: