Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
Author Topic: 1.8t AWP Part throttle hickup!!! WTF!!  (Read 89317 times)
adam-

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2016, 04:32:11 AM »

If it does it on a stock tune I'd be inclined to say it's a hardware issue.

How can you test the stock tune with a TFSI recirc attached?
dream3R

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2016, 08:58:51 AM »

Also, wont numbing BTS increase EGT's?

No because he raising the limit bts kicks in and using lamfa (pedal request) to fuel, i,e enrichment quicker.

How to work out values from an A2L Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52371#msg52371

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

ORGORIGINAL 05 5120 creator for Volvo
ORIGINAL Datalogger (Freeware) Author
ORGINAL finder of the 'extra' torque' limits
I don't have ME7.01 A2L I just use ID
dream3R

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2016, 09:02:58 AM »

I didnt use a spacer and rear O2 is removed.
What are the correct variables I need to log to find out about the unnaturally high egt's?
The boost drop still occurs with oem bin.

Could the fueling issue be because of the straight 3"-2.25" exhaust and cone filter? Perhaps vvt turning on, kfnwse?

Does this car have a EGT sensor, most of them are modeled, which will be waay off in your case, you need an EGT probe otherwise.

Take NYET's advice re fuelling - it's KiSS at this stage.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 10:00:14 AM by dream3R » Logged

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

dream3R

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2016, 09:08:17 AM »

Fueling request is shit.  Too lean early, too rich late.

See attached screenshot.  You need to work on BTS fueling.

To keep it simple for starters, you may want to consider numbing BTS fueling by increasing TABGBTS and modifying LAMFA to control your fuel request based on drivers request.

EDIT: This looks like a stock boost profile...  I think you have unnaturally high calculated EGTs (perhaps due to the o2 spacer you are using) that's causing this.  You would need to log the correct variables to confirm though.

waaa it looks like knock central when it spools jesus
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 09:29:22 AM by dream3R » Logged

dream3R

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2016, 09:28:41 AM »

guessing LDRPID needs work too.

I am mad are your injectors like maxed @ 6kish?

lamlim will limit the lamba to 0.75 on most stock files, looks like ATR is going nuts, try turning i off CWATR (careful) and see what the fuelling looking like then at he top end after doing BTS to something sensible.

re vac the throttle plate openng/closing might do that catch it on a log

What BHP is it supposed to be 700kg/hr is not a lot lol, I was going to suggest an oEM maf

injector orings ok?

Hope the head isn't toast....

IMO, read the wiki and start from a stock file, you don't have kfzw defined WOP yo don't need.  I'd also change the axis in the TCV map as it's interpolating.  Personally I'd switch to BTS once lamfa fixed but a lot of peeps just use lamfa.

Nightmare tune tbh mate. 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 10:30:20 AM by dream3R » Logged

golfputtputt

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2016, 10:28:29 AM »

Whew, that's a lot of stuff I don't understand. First, hardware:\

Injector O-Rings are new-ish. Did em about 20,000 miles ago.
I could try OEM MAf, that was my next idea, What specs can show that a MAF is going bad other than what I have done already?
EGT's are modeled. Is there any way to give the ECU information to utilize in this regard? Did any 1.8t's come with EGT sensors? I figure if I find something to use, it's not going to be as simple as plug and play.
Keep in mind, this motor has 180,000 miles on it so it is a bit worn. Im working on rebuilding a new AWP and loading it in.
Aside from this, there's very little slugding so thats good I suppose.
What makes you think the head is bad?

Software:
I'm gonna try and look all this stuff up on s4tuning wiki anyway and possibly the FR too if I have time but i'm gonna ask anyway as I am very new to ECU tuning.

waaa it looks like knock central when it spools jesus
What are you seeing that says knock?

guessing LDRPID needs work too.

I am mad are your injectors like maxed @ 6kish?

lamlim will limit the lamba to 0.75 on most stock files, looks like ATR is going nuts, try turning i off CWATR (careful) and see what the fuelling looking like then at he top end after doing BTS to something sensible.

re vac the throttle plate openng/closing might do that catch it on a log

What BHP is it supposed to be 700kg/hr is not a lot lol

possibly explain this? LDRPID, ATR, CWATR?

I did a bit of studying and I'm going to mess with LAMFA early on to get BTS to kick in later. I'm seeing that huge lean spot, would I enrich in the 90% column or the 97%? or both? I'm gonna mess with 90% first I think, then taper in 97% as per what they did on the AK in the stage1 project. I've read that a few times.

What does KiSS stand for?

Still need to read more on IOP/IRL tho….
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 10:34:07 AM by golfputtputt » Logged
golfputtputt

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2016, 10:47:22 AM »

Also, this might be a tall order but, does anyone have a log taken of a fresh, brand new 1.8t AWP GTI unmodified for me to compare and contrast to? That might help a bit. Even if mine is modified, I can get an idea of where the motor started.

Possibly bad knock sensor?
dream3R

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2016, 10:59:17 AM »

Whew, that's a lot of stuff I don't understand. First, hardware:\

Injector O-Rings are new-ish. Did em about 20,000 miles ago.
I could try OEM MAf, that was my next idea, What specs can show that a MAF is going bad other than what I have done already?
EGT's are modeled. Is there any way to give the ECU information to utilize in this regard? Did any 1.8t's come with EGT sensors? I figure if I find something to use, it's not going to be as simple as plug and play.
Keep in mind, this motor has 180,000 miles on it so it is a bit worn. Im working on rebuilding a new AWP and loading it in.
Aside from this, there's very little slugding so thats good I suppose.
What makes you think the head is bad?

Weird misfires?  You check the plugs?

Software:
I'm gonna try and look all this stuff up on s4tuning wiki anyway and possibly the FR too if I have time but i'm gonna ask anyway as I am very new to ECU tuning.
What are you seeing that says knock?

possibly explain this? LDRPID, ATR, CWATR?  You need to read the wiki mate,

LDRPID is boost control (PID), ATR is Exhuast Gas Temp Control which is defo being triggered, CWATR is part of ATR you can use it to turn ATR of or parts of it IIRC, like I said be careful as it won't dump fuel so you're BTS needs to be solid and failsafe really

I did a bit of studying and I'm going to mess with LAMFA early on to get BTS to kick in later. I'm seeing that huge lean spot, would I enrich in the 90% column or the 97%? or both? I'm gonna mess with 90% first I think, then taper in 97% as per what they did on the AK in the stage1 project. I've read that a few times.

Personally I'd to the whole last two columns and enrichen each time, them say the last three cells of the previous

What does KiSS stand for?  KISS is what NYET referred to kinda = "keep it simple stupid!"  one step at a time etc.

Still need to read more on IOP/IRL tho….  I dunno what BHP this car is but the easy way is just to light up the last column axis and up it to achievable levels.

Check out the netfoto tunes for ideas.

EGT easy would be as be to fix the lamfa lean spot and log where you have it under control (set TAGBTS to 900) them enter the happy swich value into into TAGBTS say 500C, BTS needs a lot of work this would avoid touching the EGT maps.  But iike I said a lot on here just use lamfa

Are you running out of fuel?  iDC seems HIGH  iirc lamlim is 0.7 lambda not 0.75 like I said, see the FR for the map name.

I'd honestly suggest spending a week spare time reading before touching it software wise again mate, I spent a year making a Volvo logger etc before fannying around.

Last bit of advice is never touch a map unless you know when the output goes and how it affects the cars various states.  There's also a delta map of BTS.  You'll need to rescale KFZW to match the new higher load too.    All in the wiki iirc

« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:01:01 AM by dream3R » Logged

golfputtputt

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2016, 12:54:50 PM »

If it does it on a stock tune I'd be inclined to say it's a hardware issue.

How can you test the stock tune with a TFSI recirc attached?

Adam, my thoughts exactly. Any ideas?
Im not sure how the tfsi eDV would have any issues with this but honestly, it might. I first started noticing issues when i had the pneumatic stock DV installed. I removed the n249 (mistake) and it felt like it feels now. So i put it all back on and cleared the codes and drove it for a week or so. Still felt the boost fluctuation. Perhaps, i can rig up the system again to see if thats the issue but it may just be a huge waste of time.

Reading on the eDV:
SVDLDUVS, GWPLDUR, GWPLDU seem to control it.

Im going to log b_ldsuad, b_ldsuas, pvdks, pu, wped, wdkba, fho, rl, rlmax, rlsol, nmot and mshfm to see whats going on.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 01:23:59 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
golfputtputt

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2016, 01:34:06 PM »

I took another WOT log 2nd gear log with some variables related to the eDV (electronic DV, controlled the n249 protocol)
Not sure how to interpret them.

Modified Lamfa but I just made things worse. I don't think the "tune" is the issue as there is no tune, its all factory. So I put it back to factory.

don't mind the CSV title, that was for validity. Nothing is changed in fueling, boost, load or anything performance wise other than KFNWSE and the stuff with the eDV

Getting really close to just replacing MAF, O2, injectors, FPR, upgrading to TFSI coils and possibly both knock sensors? Anyone think it could be the knock sensors?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 01:35:47 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
aef

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2016, 02:16:42 PM »

So if you recently replaced your fuel pump like your said in first post and the file is stock and your boost is low how can your injectors be maxed?

Ebay China Pump? Leak in vacuum/boost line to the fuel pressure regulator? Fuel filter clogged?
golfputtputt

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2016, 02:55:54 PM »

Fuel filter is new. Fpr is new but not oem. I could check the line. Boost is not low, if anything, its high, at least at the gauge it is and in the log it seems fine also unless im misinterpretting things.
Fuel pump is the A35HV high flow pump. But that wouldnt matter unless fpr was faulty or there was a leak.

I honestly dont know why the injectors are maxed. What do you mean by maxed? Injector on time? Wouldnt that be due to some interpretation? The engine demanding "all the fuel" that the injectors can provide? Bts is set ridiculously low. 300 deg c. Factory setting. It seems like the factory intended bts to come on during WOT intentionally.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 03:09:00 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
aef

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2016, 03:03:20 PM »

Had to google for the A35HV and its a deatchwerks knock-off. By low boost i meant its 0.6bar at redline so the pump has to supply only 3.6bar and relatively little amount of fuel because of the small stock injectors.

ddillenger

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2016, 03:23:02 PM »

Also, wont numbing BTS increase EGT's?

You need to go back and start with the theory before you damage something man. Seriously.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
golfputtputt

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2016, 03:43:20 PM »

Yea. Ddlinger, im not touchig fueling electronically. I know i have a lot to learn. This thread was atarted strictly for diagnosis to fix an issue which i believe is hardware related.

Yea i knew all the info buying into the A35HV, it wasnt too expensive and it advertised better numbers than the dw65v. Could be bullshit but i went with it. Nothing seemed to change with the feel of the car when i put the fuel pump in.

Unless the pump is woefully underpowered than it was advertised as or theres an issue with the fpr, is there any other reason the injectors could be maxed?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 04:04:00 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: