Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Idiot's guide to ME7.x IMMO  (Read 23791 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 10:53:21 PM »

absolutely, once i get all the stuff I will post everything i find.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Rick

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 02:00:50 PM »

Bad idea using M box tune on an RS4 imo.  There are a LOT of differences.  Not just the maps, but certain functional aspects. 

Rick
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 02:41:42 PM »

Rick: thanks for the heads up. Should I be using an Fbox?

If I flash over the D image with a modified F image, but preserve the EEPROM, will the immo still work?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
SeRiLLo

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 08:32:48 AM »

If I flash over the D image with a modified F image, but preserve the EEPROM, will the immo still work?
yes it will
SeRiLLo

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 08:45:08 AM »

Bad idea using M box tune on an RS4 imo.  There are a LOT of differences.  Not just the maps, but certain functional aspects. 

Rick

what aspects? I have allroad ECU flashed by RS4 Fbox image. And all ok. But i have RS4 engine. Maybe it would be better for me to use Mbox image in my Allroad ECUbox?
Rick

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 06:20:03 AM »

Yes this should work Smiley

Rick
julex

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 08:16:44 AM »

I have a tricky question myself.

Say I wanted to go back to actual immo tune, specifically one from allroad, me7.1. I have couple of ECUs but they all have foreign immo IDs. EEPROM content from original allroad ECU and ECU itself is lost.

I know how to edit EEPROM with new immo ID etc but one thing I don't know how to calculate are checksums in the EEPROM.

Anybody has anything that would calculate this for me or a place where the methodology is explained?

Edit: Found setzi's doc on checksum. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:20:34 AM by julex » Logged
s5fourdoor

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 08:33:01 PM »

Thread resurrection.  OK guys let me explain the problem I'm having here.

I have an A6 2.7t 6mt ecu which infinkc boot-mode forced an m-box file.
When I flash any m-box tune, i get no warning about IMMO.  This would make sense because my car is an a-box car and nyet currently believes that m-box has no actual IMMO routine in it.

However when I flash the RS4 K-box tune, IMMO definitely shuts my car off.  I'm writing all of this, because I know that infinkc did a boot-mode write of the m-box tune the first time, and I've been flashing the car since then with no problem.

So, what I think I now understand by having written all of this.
infinkc likely did not use the 95040 EEPROM reprogram.
he simply forced the car into boot-mode, which allowed the bin to be forced on to the ecu.
after the intial bin was written, the ecu runs normally, because the m-box doesn't care if immo is on the eeprom or not.
finally, when i went to the k-box tune - the EEPROM which wasn't reprogrammed yet blocked the ecu from doing anything.

does this all sound logically correct?  it took me a bit to piece this all together because i assumed the m-box's tune being on the a6 ecu implied the IMMO had been defeated at some point.  does anyone see my intial conundrum here?

for anyone that has used an a6 6mt, did you have to modify the EEPROM?  i believe the answer is now, but you did need to use boot-mode to get your first flash finished.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: