Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: APR ecu with immobilizer  (Read 19687 times)
vwaudiguy

« on: September 21, 2011, 08:06:00 AM »

I just bought an ECU for a 01.5 S4 that has an apr soldered-in chip. The car won't start because of APR's anti-theft code implemented, and the person I bought it from does not remember the three digit code to bypass it. I read the 95040, and was wondering if there were any changes I could make to this to delete this feature. Maybe someone will see something that looks out of place? Thanks!

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
infinkc

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 06:43:59 AM »

I just bought an ECU for a 01.5 S4 that has an apr soldered-in chip. The car won't start because of APR's anti-theft code implemented, and the person I bought it from does not remember the three digit code to bypass it. I read the 95040, and was wondering if there were any changes I could make to this to delete this feature. Maybe someone will see something that looks out of place? Thanks!

have you tried to flash it with another bin from a different s4 ecu to see if that worked?

i dont have my other bins here at work but can send you one later if you dont have any from a stock box, i do notice that the codes for the immobilizer are set to a 04, i will post you bin up with them corrected to a disabled code, see if that works.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 07:00:51 AM by infinkc » Logged

infinkc

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 07:06:55 AM »

have you tried to flash it with another bin from a different s4 ecu to see if that worked?

i dont have my other bins here at work but can send you one later if you dont have any from a stock box, i do notice that the codes for the immobilizer are set to a 04, i will post you bin up with them corrected to a disabled code, see if that works.

vwaudiguy

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 09:10:15 AM »

Thanks, Infin...I couldn't flash another bin because there was an encryption board. I'll try this and report back!

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
infinkc

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 09:23:49 AM »

Thanks, Infin...I couldn't flash another bin because there was an encryption board. I'll try this and report back!

sorry got you confused, i meant another 95040 bin, not a 800bb one. 

Gonzo

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 11:28:16 AM »

Get rid of the socket, buy a flash chip off eBay for 15 bucks, remove encryption board, solder in flash chip and flash away!

PS: Is the board EMCS2? Just get rid of it.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 04:50:21 PM »

Get rid of the socket, buy a flash chip off eBay for 15 bucks, remove encryption board, solder in flash chip and flash away!

It looks different from others I've seen. It's soldered directly to the circuit board without a raised portion like I'm used to seeing with other company's encryption boards..There are two small logic chips on it. I assume one to hold the file, and the other to perform encryption. It looks like a real messy solder job too hehe. It's not for my car, just trying to help a friend of a friend. Where's the best place to get spare 800bb's?

infinkc

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 05:37:42 AM »

here is a tbox eeprom that i pulled off another ecu i had, might try load it up.

Gonzo

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 07:20:23 AM »

It looks different from others I've seen. It's soldered directly to the circuit board without a raised portion like I'm used to seeing with other company's encryption boards..There are two small logic chips on it. I assume one to hold the file, and the other to perform encryption. It looks like a real messy solder job too hehe. It's not for my car, just trying to help a friend of a friend. Where's the best place to get spare 800bb's?
Post a picture for reference?

And eBay! That's where I buy my chips.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 09:54:10 AM »

I'll take one when and if I see the ecu again...I should have took one when it was here  Angry

Gonzo

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 12:11:18 PM »

I hope APR doesn't mind...
Here is EMCS2 on a 1.8T ECU with GT28RS program:

vwaudiguy

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 03:57:09 PM »

That's it!  Grin

infinkc

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 10:20:16 PM »

did you ever get this solved?

vwaudiguy

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 07:57:32 PM »

This guy is real lazy, and I haven't heard back from him..I think he is trying to find another ecu...Not every one likes to do things the hard (fun) way like the fellas on here.  Grin

marcello7x

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 12:03:47 PM »

Bringing this back from the dead, well sorta. I have an ecu i was about to try and flash the 180hp 1.8t ruff tune gonzo tweaked with some changes. I bought the ecu that supposedly had apr on it, but it never made more power than stock so i assumed it was bs. I opened the ecu up to mod it for boot mode and i found that same chip.

Im assuming it can be read but not written to?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: