Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Question about Moates RoadRunner emulator.  (Read 37862 times)
Terror_Flynn

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2016, 01:11:01 AM »

Nice! I have looked for other emulators but those I found was too pricey in the end or didn't support 16-bit bus and stuff like that.

Do you know if they have improved the RR or something like that?

Audi A4 Avant 1.8t Quattro -2001 (AWT)
ruan

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2016, 04:45:44 AM »

Great news! I'll be looking to get one...

Shame it's just as the exchange rate has turned to shit - such is life!

I'll mostly be using this on EDC15C which also uses an AM29F400BT - I've seen some people say they've had problems with simply hitting the byte swap option? Is it worth getting a byteswap board? I'm just aware I'll be hacking up the ECU case as it won't fit a'la ME7...

If it comes to it, I'll just design my own byteswap board that will fit in an EDC15C case, but would rather just hit the byte swap button, far easier!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 07:22:31 AM by ruan » Logged
prj

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2016, 09:35:29 AM »

Great news! I'll be looking to get one...

Shame it's just as the exchange rate has turned to shit - such is life!

I'll mostly be using this on EDC15C which also uses an AM29F400BT - I've seen some people say they've had problems with simply hitting the byte swap option? Is it worth getting a byteswap board? I'm just aware I'll be hacking up the ECU case as it won't fit a'la ME7...

If it comes to it, I'll just design my own byteswap board that will fit in an EDC15C case, but would rather just hit the byte swap button, far easier!

There is absolutely no difference between doing it in software and hardware.
If you have problems doing it one way, then you have problems doing it the other way.

I recommend you get good at IDA though, as you have to locate and disable the checksum routine that runs in real time.
Otherwise every time you make a change the engine dies.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
ruan

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2016, 10:13:46 AM »

Ideal, thanks for the confirmation on that.

Heh yes, currently it's a bit of a steep learning curve - determined to get there though, everything is possible with time and coffee.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: