Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26
Author Topic: ME7.9.10 - Understanding the torque model  (Read 180868 times)
woj

« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2018, 12:32:56 PM »

Well, I already saw that from the code a while back, but experience tells me that things are not always what they seem and checking is better. More so that there were contradictory claims about this earlier...
woj

« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2018, 03:22:45 PM »

Another experiment done today to confirm a suspicion I had since I saw some of RevLimit's show case descriptions on their website - the CITY power steering button on some of these ECUs, specifically mine, is actually also turning the sport / overboost mode on. As is by factory. And if it does not, there are configuration parameters to make it happen, no code tweaking necessary. Just have to provide data for the overboost maps and parameters.

Now only to find out how they do LC/NLS to get the whole RevLimit t-jet magic solved Wink I am guessing this is nothing more than an adaptation of the ME7 code to be found somewhere here. Plus the flex fuel / E85 mod I have ready for tests pending better wheather and I'd be all set Wink
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 11:55:52 AM by woj » Logged
teobolo

« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2018, 02:15:18 PM »

i have forged Fiat bravo with big turbo if you are interested for testing LC/NLS code  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Great Job for that ecus ....
woj

« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2018, 02:57:24 PM »

Looking at this at the moment actually. The basic code from here:

http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php/Adding_anti-lag_launch_control_and_no-lift_shift

seems to be a piece of cake (it's just a sequence of checks to set dwell at 0), although I am yet to be certain about how to hook it up to dwell time procedures in ME7.9.10 which do not seem to be identical to other ME7-s. And I have seen reports around that some ECUs do not like 0 dwell times this way, the coils melt, have to check that too.

What is not so simple is the disabling of knock and misfire detection. Though Mr. prj said in the other thread that these are just one flag each, I still cannot see exactly which flags from the code. And playing with flags that are controlled elsewhere is a bit tricky.

But, if you are serious about tests, post your bin (can be factory, don't need your maps) so that I can find and match code for it.
nubcake

« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2018, 05:22:50 PM »

What is not so simple is the disabling of knock and misfire detection. Though Mr. prj said in the other thread that these are just one flag each, I still cannot see exactly which flags from the code.

B_kr and B_dmdstop off the top of my head.
Khendal

« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2018, 05:21:22 PM »

Any tips for a stage 1 or stage 2 lists of maps interested? Just to start to study and understand this ecu.  Wink
woj

« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2018, 06:35:34 AM »

Any tips for a stage 1 or stage 2 lists of maps interested? Just to start to study and understand this ecu.  Wink

Stage 1 I assume you mean totally stock hardware. In that case (what I intend to try once I get to it):

MDMAXNMOT (also MDMAXNMOB if you have overboost activated), raise it, can be actually arbitrarily, because KFLDBHN should be the map keeping your turbo safe. If your resulting torque goes over KLMIMAX(_UM) then increase these two, but I don't think the stock KFLDBHN would allow it. Once you figure out what torque line you get it would be nice to tap MDMAXNMOT down to it (for elegance). And do something with with KFPED(X) if the pedal response is not what you expect. I don't think there is anything else to it, but I am yet to see myself. (Well, OK, on 150/155 hp ECUs you may run out of injectors too, but then it's AFR measuring time, not mapping, no map will help you get more out of them).
woj

« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2018, 03:06:40 AM »

LC and NLS for ME7.9.10 preliminarly sorted out, some teasers, more info will follow:

https://youtu.be/zrp8uZXVlJw

https://youtu.be/YLxW5k-2jr8

teobolo

« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2018, 03:40:12 AM »

Great job !!!
slickkon

« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2018, 08:25:49 AM »

Looking good! Nice work !
woj

« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2018, 11:46:21 AM »

OK, so first of all many thanks to Teo for testing this out (as it turned out, the first test code had a benign bug Wink).

This is a basic procedure, LC rpm hard cut and time limited NLS cut, as in the patch to be found in the Wiki for ME7.1 (or was it ME7.5). Only I fixed it around a bit, and this one disables dmd and kr, oh, and it also has configurable hysteresis margins for the RPM thresholds. I attach the factory bin of what Teo tested, a S19 patch, xdf definition with LC/NLS parameters, patched bin for the lazy ones, and my ASM source (don't bother trying to find the tool that compiles it, only I have it, the code is only for reviewing, please tell me if you see bugs) if you want to match to another bin.

Two next extensions on the list, RPM shift light through MIL (this I already sorted out), and dynamic setting up of LC/NLS RPM thresholds through the cruise control stalk. Here I need feedback, I got a bit stuck conceptually:

My initial plan was: cc into on mode (also makes LC/NLS disabled), and then when holding cc+ register the rpm (highest seen) for LC, and when holding cc- register rpm for NLS. But for this to make sense there has to be a way to reset it and I run out of cc buttons. There is the resume button, but, here is the thing, there are two types of ME7.9.10 (as far as I can tell), one that has cc stalk connected directly to the ECU (and then all buttons / states are always readable), the other one gets this from the cluster through CAN and the cluster already filters out some things, in particular the ECU does not receive resume presses when stationary (or +/- presses without cc being on).

So I need another logic for this. Possibly: cc on for setup / LC/NLS disable, then (no other buttons) register RPMs for LC (as long as they are above some sensible limit, like 2500 rpm), with cc+ register RPMs for NLS, cc- reset both. What do you think? To me it seems overly complicated, but I cannot come up with something simpler. There is also the option to read the sport / power steering state, but this would make it even a bigger clusterfuck. Help me out here to come up with something sensible.
slickkon

« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2018, 04:30:03 PM »

Hi WOJ,

First off thank you for your great work. May I ask if this is possible on models without sports mode and cruise control buttons? I only have Asr off on my car..  can it be activated by clutch switch? speaking about LC only..
woj

« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2018, 02:58:31 AM »

Everything is optional, including the cruise control setup and sport mode (but, you probably do have sport mode, through the city power steering mode, that's how it works on my Grande).

But, I am almost certain that for you it's a no-go for another reason, the clone MPPS (that's what I remember you have, right?) can only flash data region on this ECU (at least the version I have seen), and you have to be able to flash the complete file. Also, if you still have the cat-converter in the car, that would probably get killed by this feature.
slickkon

« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2018, 05:17:03 AM »

Well I dont have a cat anymore after the TD04 conversion, and I just got a ktag.. so maybe possible?
woj

« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2018, 06:32:41 AM »

Well post your bin then (can be factory, no need to share tunes) and we will see what can be done. I am now working on a more proper version of this, with retard, gear dependant RPM levels for NLS, and turbo DC, it will take me a while though.

I'd be also interested to know what you did, tune wise, to disable the CAT (I can guess, but checking with somebody that have done it and tested is better).
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: