Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25
Author Topic: NOTORIOUS VR's M-box Stage 2++ and ALL VARIATIONS. NO NEW THREADS ON THIS.  (Read 248324 times)
edgy

Right. I will also say that I swapped in an old 4 bar FPR when I installed this tune (I had a 5 bar installed with my MTM tune). I'm going to do some logging tonight and tomorrow and see what comes up. Might as well check my intake tract and clean my MAF element, too.

2002 S4 full stg 3
2001 S4 stg 2
2001 TT 225 stg 2
1988 80q 4.2
2005 A4 (the wife's)
edgy

OK, so after ruling out hardware issues, I took a closer look at the file. KFKHFM was not corrected in the conversion, and FKKVS was a little off. We'll see what I log after this flash...

2002 S4 full stg 3
2001 S4 stg 2
2001 TT 225 stg 2
1988 80q 4.2
2005 A4 (the wife's)
mmfn

Here is my variation of the NVR file

Slickback_NVR stage 2 for 90oct, 91 oct and 93 oct. All logs with 2 people in car. Some minor adjusting to your specific vehicle and they should be good to go.

First set of logs and dyno with 91 oct file using 90 oct gas. These are the logs and mustang dyno result right before the final revision. The only mods the car has are bigger down pipes and exhaust.

285whp 343wtq

Will post up 93 oct logs (with IC's) from another car as soon.

Edit: logs as promised

The car probably has more potential if the cam tensioner wasn't ready to pop. It pulls pretty hard.

this is my first post and just wanted to say there is some amazing work being put in here. are these attached files for use on a m box or something else. iv never done tuning just researching right now, what are some minor tweaks that id have to look at? would i be able to change this file for 18psi on 93? 
IanWPB

First post!

So I just took some logs from the Slickback 93 hitachi file. This is my first time taking logs so I hope I did it right. Just posting the same logs that Aysix did. Ambient temp was around 72*F 65% humidity. This was the 2nd pull, unfortunately I had to let off before I could get to 6500 on the first pull.
Quick background on the car -
Early 01,
AWE Catless DP's &Twin 1
AWE IC's
034 DV's
APR bipipe
EvoMS intake (came with car, worthless?)
Samco hoses
15lb ssr's

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:41:27 PM by IanWPB » Logged
IanWPB

A little update on this file... I was playing with it today and demonstrating the anti-lag to a friend of mine. Seems the pinging is gone (probably just carbon deposits due to my lack of a catch can on this car) and it will hold 10psi, but, immediately after two 2-3 second demonstrations the car went into soft limp and wouldn't boost past 6psi. I figured I blew up my ancient N75 or split a hose, but everything under the hood checked out. Cleared the codes and we're back at 23psi.

I had this issue last night at the track. If I would engage antilag, but then let off, and go back on then try to launch, it would bog and only boost to 5-6psi in first, and 2nd, but then 3rd and 4th it would boost to 20-21ish.

However, it worked fine when I engaged antilag, slipped the clutch, without letting off the throttle. I wonder what it is? I scanned for codes with vcds right after the first run that did it and there wasn't anthing.

FWIW: The best run last night was a 13.17 at 105.47 with a 1.87 60'. There's a lot left in it. I think I might bump the launch RPM to 4000 and try out NLS on the 3rd to 4th shift.

EDIT - After looking through the AL/NLS section of the tuning wiki, I noticed it said that some "features" such as Disabling Misfire and Knock detection (during AL/NLS) could be missing from the code.. Possibly causing a DTC/Limp or Pulled timing. I'll definitely log my next 1/4 mile runs.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 12:19:56 PM by IanWPB » Logged
TurboNick

Right, so i couldnt sleep tonight and have been working on getting the hang of all this. and i finally accomplished something lol. yesterday my new ft232 cable came so i can start flashing so i actually started with judes stage 1 but i needed egt delete so i ran the egt coded file in this thread and loved it despite the fact i only had 91 octane, but i didnt feel it was safe, so i flashed the stage 2 one from the thread a couple down, definitely does not pull like this file. since i have a tip car and 91 octane and needed egt delete i decided to port the 91octane tune over and added egt delete.

Ported for LBOX tiptronic with Hitachi.
Removed AL/NLS, not really useful in a tip.
added EGTdelete

ran this with ME7checksumGUI and ported over using tunerpros compare feature. once you get the hang of the features and using the GUI version of ME7 it takes about a min to transfer over the file.

Checked and corrected.

IanWPB

I made a small revision to the aysix slickback 93 file. Changed the maf to hitachi, raised the rev limiter to 7200 from 7000 and raised the antilag launch to 4000 from 3500.

As long as the weather is okay Wednesday I'll be going to the track. I'll take some logs and post the file if anyone wants it.
AudiMan85

I made a small revision to the aysix slickback 93 file. Changed the maf to hitachi, raised the rev limiter to 7200 from 7000 and raised the antilag launch to 4000 from 3500.

As long as the weather is okay Wednesday I'll be going to the track. I'll take some logs and post the file if anyone wants it.

How did the weather hold out? Did you get a good track day? Did the flash run the way you wanted.??

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
IanWPB

Unfortunately, no. I'll make it to the track soon hopefully.
ilyafil

OK, I'm new to tuning. I've been reading the wiki and playing around with TunerPro. I'm running EV14s 550, RS4 MAF. I tried to merge my fueling onto the NVR file. I keep having an issue with ME7check/sum GUI. It won't correct errors in the file. Could anyone give me some pointers on this? Did I miss anything?
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

OK, I'm new to tuning. I've been reading the wiki and playing around with TunerPro. I'm running EV14s 550, RS4 MAF. I tried to merge my fueling onto the NVR file. I keep having an issue with ME7check/sum GUI. It won't correct errors in the file. Could anyone give me some pointers on this? Did I miss anything?

Didnt look it over thoroughly but i imported over original said 7 checksums were wrong corrected them here you go.
ilyafil

Great. Thanks. I guess I'll flash it and see how it idles first.

What did you use to correct checksums?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 07:52:00 PM by ilyafil » Logged
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

Great. Thanks. I guess I'll flash it and see how it idles first.

What did you use to correct checksums?

Winols
ilyafil

Never heard of it, I'll have to check it out. Thank you.
S4addict

so hows this file running? id really like to try one of the revisions as a base and add meth to it.
im asuming since theres 23 pages on it tho it must be decent ha =p

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25
  Print  

Jump to: