Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25
Author Topic: NOTORIOUS VR's M-box Stage 2++ and ALL VARIATIONS. NO NEW THREADS ON THIS.  (Read 248367 times)
AudiMan85

Nice to hear dyno results,  I use a modified copy of the same file. Didn't wanna dyno til I got downpipes next month and full exhaust. I can guess lower air temps will allow it to run advanced timing.

See attached screen shot of my phone android app. Outside air temp was 72° and I had sat at idle for 15 mins. This was after a pull to 60mph and only 4 miles on Highway.

My temp was 93° and I see in my logs I was advanced all the way thru.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 10:24:14 PM by AudiMan85 » Logged

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
wesleyS4

93°F is a very good result after a few pulls.
Was your screenshot taken at full throttle?
My maf reaches 250 g/s iirc.

Grtz wesley
AudiMan85

That was like at the end of a pull. I reach 254/255 g/s most times. This was just a quick screen shot while I made a run to the store. But I'm in  FL. It was 72° outside and 60% humidity and it was 12 am. I use stock A6 intake system with a pipercross filter. Gonna do mesh in wheel liners since the RS4 has vented liners for airflow. I now have also removed the A6 front grills for the smic scoops and painted everything beyond the lip where the grill goes black to look more like its ment to be that way. This has increased better cooling, but don't expect good results til upgraded SMIC's and also the wheel liner vents.

Also on a TIP/Auto you have the 2nd trans cooler restricting flow to driver smic and adding heat. Wanna change that too. Put it up front on passenger side infront of the rad fan.

In the daytime I see 120-150° at idle if I'm parked waiting for someone or drive-thru on 70-85 degree weather days. Most times my intake temps are 80° to 110° while playing around and just normally driving around. But also when I did my TB service 3 months ago I cleaned my stock SMIC's really good In and Out along with the throttle body so it's better then 138k worth of build up.

I'm looking at doing the smic on ebay $230 and the $140 bi-pipes from ssac/XSpower next month. Tonight I'm ordering my down pipes and exhaust. So we will see the difference. I can videotape with onscreen data with my Torque App for my phone so you could see intake temps, boost etc all on video in real-time.

Here is a example. *note boost numbers can be off cause the app makes you input ambient air pressure. I use 14.7 since I'm at sea level, so sometimes the boost can be off slightly on app.

This video is most accurate settings. Data rate is not so fast over bluetooth so it's not 100% synced, but the datalog files the app outputs are really good.

http://youtu.be/mjVDtAB8stA

This video is before I adjusted for ambient air pressure and the speed info was GPS and is slow. The 1st video and from now on are obd2 data instead.

http://youtu.be/ffGRKvlY2AM

the MPH beep is set 80 mph as you can see in video I'm not even to 80 mph by the gps data.

One last video. This was a setting test to see if changes I made were more accurate for boost. It's close to boost gauge but the 1st video I posted is almost dead on, this video was prior to 1st video. I'll do one tomorrow with IAT and Timing Advance added to viewable data in video..

http://youtu.be/HFbU7BBU6zI

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 11:26:08 AM by AudiMan85 » Logged

wesleyS4

The ebay SMICs are lager than the stock ones, but the fittings for the hoses are smaller and the material is thicker, making the useless for stage 3.

Even for stage 2 i'd recommend having them changed by a welder.

Grtz Wesley
AudiMan85

Is it really that bad? I had a fmic on my last car. I'm talking 37"x16"x3.5" and it had 2.75" piping and flanged down to 2.5" at turbo outlet and it's flowed great with a PTE 6152e and even with the smaller Evo3Big16g. It was the SSAC FMIC for a 2g Eclipse 4g63 which they still sell today, I got mine back in 2004.

But I'm sure since there only $230 a little aluminum welding of new inlets n outlets wouldn't be too bad. I was also looking at the XSPOWER bi-pipes for $140 but the plastics oem aren't to bad of design and the plastic will stay cooler. Idk any ideas on them?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 11:28:57 AM by AudiMan85 » Logged

AudiMan85

Great to hear some feedback... I have since made a few small tweaks to the tune (on the car I originally created it the A6 and fats for the last run are 5.13), I will post up the latest revision soon... But like any tune, especially aggressive ones they don't always react the same on cars with different hardware, etc.

here is snippet of the LOG from REV4 of this tune showing the MAF... so pretty strong IMO:

NOTORIOUS VR, I noticed you said you were on rev.4 in this post. The post only has rev.2, my question is do you have a newer revised verison of this tune you could share?

aysix

Here is my variation of the NVR file

Slickback_NVR stage 2 for 90oct, 91 oct and 93 oct. All logs with 2 people in car. Some minor adjusting to your specific vehicle and they should be good to go.

First set of logs and dyno with 91 oct file using 90 oct gas. These are the logs and mustang dyno result right before the final revision. The only mods the car has are bigger down pipes and exhaust.

285whp 343wtq

Will post up 93 oct logs (with IC's) from another car as soon.

Edit: logs as promised

The car probably has more potential if the cam tensioner wasn't ready to pop. It pulls pretty hard.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 12:10:44 AM by aysix » Logged

Silly Rabbit 6 speed A6
AudiMan85

Please post up logs of 93 octane file I'd like to see them. I just finished up my modded file of NVR ' S L-Box 93 octane file posted in this thread. I'm gonna compare the bins see what changes you made. Downpipes for me get here sometime this week.

AARDQ

I'm looking at doing the smic on ebay $230 and the $140 bi-pipes from ssac/XSpower next month. Tonight I'm ordering my down pipes and exhaust. So we will see the difference.

I have the XSpower downpipes-- bought the tip version before deciding to go ahead with my conversion to 6MT.  Quality is really good; I was surprised.  Tight welds and accurate fit.  Two issues I ran into:  One bolt hole would not properly line up with the turbo flange and took a little filing.  I also was not impressed with the V-band flanges.  The extension pipe flange is a small diameter and not rabbeted.  I have the catted version, so if you go catless it could be different.  You may want to have some high-temp gasket material on hand.
AudiMan85

Gotcha. I talked to Lee at FTG Motorsports he says he's the maker of the downpipes. I purchased from him directly and will be doing a write up on them to show install. I got the cat-less ones, he sent me pics of the fitment by text and its a tight fit and looks really good. He said he is on version 3 of the tip/auto flex-braided 3" downpipes with v-band and then the one short and one slight longer mid pipes. The pics look great.

After I install them and do a write on on a few forums he offered a rebate. Like I said the bi-pipes and intercoolers are next. I wish I could afford his turbo's he has. To see what he has built and coming soon go on facebook and type FTG Motorsports they are in Irving, Texas.

Just got home, gonna take a look at the 93 octane file posted. Now question are these files branch offs of the OP file posted that say schnell-mbox_2.7T_stg2++_rev2.bin or Lbox file posted. Or are these the NVR Modified files posted? I wanna know so I can compare them.

Also question for anyone that uses TunerPro. My desktop got stuck displaying tables in hex mode. When I compare files, it will show a number value. But right now it shows Hex instead of numbers. I guess I click a keyboard shortcut or something lol. Luckey my laptop is still in  standard mode.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 02:12:04 PM by AudiMan85 » Logged

AudiMan85

Here are pics of the version v3 downpipes I'm getting. These the same ones your were talking about? These are for the A6 I'm told, since it has the 2 shorter mid pipes as I can see from getting under the car are the correct setup for A6. Also I have rear mufflers cut off, and just have the mid muffler in place still. Idk how loud this will be but I"m hoping for decent amount of noise. Right now its too quiet and I don't get that nice putter to the exhaust note. Before I build the rear section I wanna see how it sounds with just the mid muffler and straight pipes to the back. I have a MY2000 so no muffler tip cut out's, I'm really just wanting to keep the crackling down by having muffler/resonators to remove the crackle.

Lee at FTG Motorsports said he is 65 days out from a CatBack for the C5 A6. He said its his own design and mixes billyboat and apr into his out style and setup.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 02:35:09 PM by AudiMan85 » Logged

AARDQ

Gotcha. I talked to Lee at FTG Motorsports he says he's the maker of the downpipes. I purchased from him directly and will be doing a write up on them to show install. I got the cat-less ones, he sent me pics of the fitment by text and its a tight fit and looks really good. He said he is on version 3 of the tip/auto flex-braided 3" downpipes with v-band and then the one short and one slight longer mid pipes. The pics look great.

Also question for anyone that uses TunerPro. My desktop got stuck displaying tables in hex mode. When I compare files, it will show a number value. But right now it shows Hex instead of numbers. I guess I click a keyboard shortcut or something lol. Luckey my laptop is still in  standard mode.

In the table, right-click.  The option to show raw hex or calculated values is there.

Yes, exactly the same down pipes but my mids are catted (which was an experiment since that isn't a regular offering).  I went through Lee also. 
AudiMan85

In the table, right-click.  The option to show raw hex or calculated values is there.

Yes, exactly the same down pipes but my mids are catted (which was an experiment since that isn't a regular offering).  I went through Lee also. 

Thanks for the fix to tunerpro, I knew it had to be somewhere, just didn't know what it would be called.

I ported over the SLICKBACK 93 octane to a L-Box file I keep as a "STOCK" modded bin, I mean that I have my CEL's disabled and things like SAI removed and since I have a 2000 A6 I have to remove the brake boost and evap pump. But I will see how it runs. There are a few things I see modded that I have not seen other tuners touch. I didn't make a list of whichs ones just I compare a lot of tunes to see how people make changes for examples to understand the logic.

Also that's cool that Lee hooked you up with a pair, do you have pics of them b4 you installed them? I hope he ships them soon, I paid thursday. I'm in Florida so its almost a full 5 day in transit time.

AARDQ

No, sorry, no pics before or after.  I lost a day of installing the trans and pipes to the flue and was moving fast to get it back together before having to go back to work.
aysix

Posted up 93 oct logs, i'm aware of the notch. It should be fixed on the file i posted. I'll take a look at it shortly. Audiman, care to post logs? Also, those downpipes are SSAC. That guy at FTG lied to you.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/583520-ordering-new-intercoolers-for-my-01-Allroad-from-FTG-Motorsport
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 12:30:56 AM by aysix » Logged

Silly Rabbit 6 speed A6
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: