Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
Author Topic: NOTORIOUS VR's M-box Stage 2++ and ALL VARIATIONS. NO NEW THREADS ON THIS.  (Read 245303 times)
AudiMan85

I mean Lee isn't the one who told me they were his at FTG. SSAC told me in a email. Here's what it said. The email was from xspower/ssac:

"HEY

YES WE HAVE WE DO

SEE ATTACHED PHOTOS

THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE FOR THE  A6

lee has a thread on FACEBOOK FOR  IT

PLEASE EMAIL LEE

n1accordwagon@gmail.com;Ftgmotosspots@gmail.com

YOU CAN SEE  HIS BUILD THREAD

HE RUNS FTG MOTORS, OUR SISTER COMPANY -  THAT DEVELOPED THIS

if you do a thread for him, and do some install pics on ZINE- we can rebate  $25-$40  or  so !!!

Thanks

http://xs-power.com/
http://ssautochrome.com/"

Also, what file would you like logs of? And your notch,  I have found from a number of other files is the cam switch over points. This comes from the cam switch over which changes requested boost and there for makes a hiccup. It almost feels as if the car shifts a gear (in a auto/tip). I just change the cam switch over map and it clears up most of the time.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 08:00:44 AM by AudiMan85 » Logged

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
AudiMan85

Also the logs look good. I was gonna test ur file after I bring wife to work today. You seem to be pulling good amount of air. So is the notch in these files that you posted?

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

NOTORIOUS VR, I noticed you said you were on rev.4 in this post. The post only has rev.2, my question is do you have a newer revised verison of this tune you could share?

The revision likely won't do much for anyone here as it was some specific tweaks on the A6 I was tuning at the time.

That said, it looks like people are really putting out some impressive numbers with my posted file with just a few changes (especially the guy who is posting 4 sec fats) which I'm loving and was precisely the whole point. 

FWIW, the file I posted is similar to the file I used when my car went 12.8 @ 112 mph on pump + 50/50 injection on K03's.  With the right changes K03's have a lot of potential, of course at the expense of longetivity Tongue

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
AudiMan85

Ok. I ported over the file and ran it. Very nice. Problem for me is the exhaust is too restricted with stock dp's you can hear the area where the mufflers use to be sound like blow driers and the car holds back. My last car acted like that once I put a larger turbo and safc2 in. Of course it cleared up once the exhaust went on so I'll keep it saved for when my exhaust arrives. Thanks for sharing.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 10:47:54 PM by AudiMan85 » Logged

AudiMan85

OK, Slickback's tune, I ported over to a L-box since that's what I run. Now I noticed that some things can't be copied over for I guess it corrupts the file. Basically these values make the ecu file flashed corrupt the ecu. It will flash and then when you cycle the key, the check engine light will start to flash and the throttle body clicks.

Can't make any changes to ARMD/Anti Jutter will corrupt the file. I have not found what else yet causes it. The file pulls fine, what happened for me is a vacuum line joiner blew apart, found it behind the Y-Pipe for the boost control line and got p1555 code. So I fixed that yesterday.

So today I go out to log, cause car was pulling great. And I go to do 3rd, get a p1556 and no power. Clear code, car pulls fine til 3rd, then boom 10% WG duty cycle. Only clearing code would bring back boost. So I do a pull from 1st, shift to 2nd shift to 3rd pulls til 5k then boom... no boost. So I come home and check the n75 (35 ohms) and look quick for boost leaks nothing I can see will build another tester (last one I lent out never came back).

Can someone give me input on what NOT to port over from a M-Box?

I have narrowed it down very lightly but I'm going threw this file together, my last NVR file and another file I reference. I have a feeling I missed something to copy over it attempts not to corrupt the file I was trying to flash. Boot mode in 100+ degree garage all day is no fun.

I read something on the forums about exhaust back pressure, and it's one of the things I reverted to a L-Box value in attempts to not corrupt file. Is this my culprit? Or the fact I still have the stock dp's still? I got logs if anyone wants to see. Posted below. Along with the file in its current state, I am modding it as we speak. Will test a few flashes but I only got 1 car and need to head out in a few hours.

Ok changed a few things, didn't notice I didn't change EGT temps. And below is a working file that flashes without issues. Here is a list of what I did not copy over. I will go a few at a time and add some and see what causes a corrupt file. This happend a few months ago when I tried to port over a NVR file and I gave up.

Things I did not copy to achieve a safe file posted below.

Torque
KFMIZUOF - Allowed indicated torque for torque limiting
KFMIZUFIL - Allowable indicated torque to torque limit before filter
KFMIZUNS - Allowable torque on afterstart extension
KFWPED_UM - Allowable torque from pedal position in functions monitoring
KFMPNS_UM - Allowable torque from pedal position on cold motor
KFMIOP - Optimal engine torque map

Throttle
KFWDKSMX - Maximum desired throttle plate angle
KFPED_0_A - Relative torque request from pedal
KFPEDR_0_A - Relative torque request from pedal for reverse gear
KFWPFGR - Inverse pedal map for cruise control
KFWDKMSN - Map for desired throttle plate angle

^Some of the changes are only .0xx of a change, does this really matter?

Now since I removed the SAI system I tried a file back 3 months ago where I copied over the warm-up maps from a M-Box to a L-Box since I thought maybe they were different for Automatic/TIP cars cause they had the SAI pump and it worked fine, so that's my next test. Now the maps that have to do with torque are they the ones effecting the tune or are they effect the file making it corrupt? I will edit post once I found out what caused the problem. File attached below is a better port, idk how I missed some of the things. Its cause I have a 2000 A6 and have SAI removed so I have to remove EVAP and Brake Booster I overlooked the EGT temps thinking they where for the other stuff the MY2000's don't have.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:02:58 PM by AudiMan85 » Logged

AudiMan85

TESTv3.0 - NVR_Slickback_L-Box_93oct_+Mods
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ks3a4cmprat0fl6/KENDEL_TEST_3.0.bin

- Mods -
Raised Idle - P & N and in Gear
Removed SAI
Removed Brake Booster
Removed EVAP Purge
Removed P1650 - Powertrain Data Bus: Missing Message from Instrument Cluster
Removed P1624 - MIL Request Signal Active (Check TCM for errors too!)
"Plus anything removed in SlickBack's or NVR original files"

** Enabled Left Foot Braking (disabled throttle cut on "power braking") Builds 11psi or so

This is a test file, I am going to test file now.

*****UPDATE*****
Car is still not responding well to this file. It was sounding great under the hood, you could hear the engine was making what I call good noise, like it was working hard. The car however only pulled high boost a few times, then after awhile only 10psi. Then I pulled over and put my cooked up NVR file back on and car was back to pulling good and 20-21psi but not the same amount of airflow (240-255 g/s) vs 260-270 g/s on slickbacks file and not really as smooth. I wanted to run a cook up of slickback's file but I'll wait til downpipes. According to SSAC/XSpower they are being welded up still.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 11:53:50 AM by AudiMan85 » Logged

DEVESTATOR5000

I noticed that there was an L-BOX file for Tiptronic, but only for a Hitachi MAF. I went ahead and converted that file for a Bosch MAF.

2000 A6 2.7T
AudiMan85

I noticed that there was an L-BOX file for Tiptronic, but only for a Hitachi MAF. I went ahead and converted that file for a Bosch MAF.

I'm sure someone will thank you for doing that for them  Grin

DEVESTATOR5000

I'm sure someone will thank you for doing that for them  Grin

Haha I don't doubt it, I read through this whole post, did my homework and learned the code needed for conversion. I understand it better now! Still have alot to learn though. My only issue now is that p1612 code saying that my electronic control module is coded incorrectly.

2000 A6 2.7T
AudiMan85

Haha I don't doubt it, I read through this whole post, did my homework and learned the code needed for conversion. I understand it better now! Still have alot to learn though. My only issue now is that p1612 code saying that my electronic control module is coded incorrectly.

You need to recode your ecu. Since ur using a S4 file you need to code it as if it was a S4 but with options, like abs and esp. Here is  how ddlinger put it for me.

"If your car is a 2000, 06651. If it is a 2001 with ESP, 06751. 06752 will not work on an L-box file."

06751 is the only code my car will take. I have a 2000 A6 2.7T with a 4B L-Box original file with abs and no esp. They either code above and see if you message goes away.

Good luck

edgy

Here is my variation of the NVR file

Slickback_NVR stage 2 for 90oct, 91 oct and 93 oct. All logs with 2 people in car. Some minor adjusting to your specific vehicle and they should be good to go.

First set of logs and dyno with 91 oct file using 90 oct gas. These are the logs and mustang dyno result right before the final revision. The only mods the car has are bigger down pipes and exhaust.

I modified your 93 octane file for a Hitachi MAF and flashed it to my '01... I have got to say, I am pretty impressed. I will do some logs of my own and see what needs tweaking for my setup, but its pretty bad ass.

One thing the, no lift shift doesn't seem to work in my car, though launch control does (but with some nasty pinging). Guess I need to check my clutch switches.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 04:06:42 PM by edgy » Logged

2002 S4 full stg 3
2001 S4 stg 2
2001 TT 225 stg 2
1988 80q 4.2
2005 A4 (the wife's)
edgy

I modified your 93 octane file for a Hitachi MAF and flashed it to my '01... I have got to say, I am pretty impressed. I will do some logs of my own and see what needs tweaking for my setup, but its pretty bad ass.

One thing the, no lift shift doesn't seem to work in my car, though launch control does (but with some nasty pinging). Guess I need to check my clutch switches.

A little update on this file... I was playing with it today and demonstrating the anti-lag to a friend of mine. Seems the pinging is gone (probably just carbon deposits due to my lack of a catch can on this car) and it will hold 10psi, but, immediately after two 2-3 second demonstrations the car went into soft limp and wouldn't boost past 6psi. I figured I blew up my ancient N75 or split a hose, but everything under the hood checked out. Cleared the codes and we're back at 23psi.

2002 S4 full stg 3
2001 S4 stg 2
2001 TT 225 stg 2
1988 80q 4.2
2005 A4 (the wife's)
nyet
Administrator

What was the code?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
edgy

What was the code?

Whoops, got distracted. 17538 and 17536 - fuel trim too lean on both banks.

2002 S4 full stg 3
2001 S4 stg 2
2001 TT 225 stg 2
1988 80q 4.2
2005 A4 (the wife's)
nyet
Administrator

Whoops, got distracted. 17538 and 17536 - fuel trim too lean on both banks.

that isn't good. you should keep an eye on your trims.

I'm pretty sure AL/NLS shouldn't affect trims... but i could be wrong. And if it doesn't, you've got other issues...

"Too lean" is not something you want to see.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
  Print  

Jump to: